Ted Washington not impressed with Bills DL

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

Nope.  Big Ted was one of the best space eaters ever to play for the Bills,   Light years better than what's on the roster now...

Right, I wasn't disputing that.  So not sure what the "nope" was for.  Unless Washington was not the player who called Paul Peck's manhood into question.

Edited by WhyteDwarf

17 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

His 1997 season he was arguably the best defender in the NFL.

Once he got paid he just reverted to being the best NT in the NFL for the next 5-6 years.

I remember when Parcells paid Center Kevin Mawae HUGE bucks and said that the contract was because of Ted Washington.

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Ted Washington is still the largest human being I've ever seen up close.  He made Pat Williams look small. 

One of my best memories from interning at the 2000 training camp. 

i walked right up to the Bullets bench during a timeout, Moses Malone and Manute Bol won

19 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Ted Washington is still the largest human being I've ever seen up close.  He made Pat Williams look small. 

One of my best memories from interning at the 2000 training camp. 

That is pretty amazing because once we sat behind the Bills bench in the 2nd row, and Pat Williams was bigger than Big Sam Adams.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

I remember Ted being a late 1st-round pick by the 49ers who really didn’t distinguish himself the years he was there. Just an outstanding FA signing by the Bills.

Gotta give Wade props for that one. Not sure who made the call, but I believe he played for him in Denver which means he likely played a key role.

Edited by BillsSB2020
  • Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Ted Washington is one of the most dominant defensive players the Bills have ever had. 

That's great and all.. you can be the most best NT ever in the game and still be a jerk.

Point in case is Tom Brady.

I AM NOT SAYING TW IS A JERK! just making the point is all.

23 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Harsh. But if anybody could say it it's Ted Washington. And he's not wrong about the DL. I'd have to assume he's talking about Meatball in the context of this season and not dismissing his whole body of work.

Whole body of work is above average to good. Fine player, yes. Overrated, yes.

Beloved, undoubtedly. We do this thing where liking a player makes them better at football. 

1 hour ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Gotta give Wade props for that one. Not sure who made the call, but I believe he played for him in Denver which means he likely played a key role.

Thanks, I forgot he was in Denver for a year before coming here. I could be wrong, but I don’t think his career really took off until the Bills, I know I wasn’t expecting him to be that great.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Thanks, I forgot he was in Denver for a year before coming here. I could be wrong, but I don’t think his career really took off until the Bills, I know I wasn’t expecting him to be that great.

You're completely right that he was an indistinguishable player both in SF and Denver. Just pointing out the Wade connection.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/19/2018 at 1:57 PM, Lurker said:

Wade was the guy who made him a NT in the 3-4, which really made him a dominant player. 

Again with that 3-4 being the best the Bills have ever had, many times......

Well, Kyle is certainly well past his prime, but he was great. Hughes is just shy of elite. Lotulelei is better than I thought he'd be, but no probowler and T Murphy was a mistake. We need to add a stud DT to replace Kyle this offseason, but I don't know how. We have so many other needs also.