Not so fun fact-QB 3000 Yd Passing seasons

BobbyC81

The Bills have had a total of 19 QB 3,000 yard passing seasons in their history.  Drew Brees has 16.

The Bills may not reach 3000 passing yards as a team this season as they currently have 2641 yards by 4 QBs plus Logan Thomas.  Note: since 3000 yard seasons do not count yards lost by sacks but the Team Total does, the 2641 does not include sack yardage.

6 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

The Bills have had a total of 19 QB 3,000 yard passing seasons in their history.  Drew Brees has 16.

The Bills may not reach 3000 passing yards as a team this season as they currently have 2641 yards by 4 QBs plus Logan Thomas.  Note: since 3000 yard seasons do not count yards lost by sacks but the Team Total does, the 2641 does not include sack yardage.

I wonder how many times Kelly does

it if he played in this Era.

If you want to see impressive, compare Dan Marino to his peers.  Brees is quit impressive compared to his peers as well.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

3000 yards is a useless goal. every QB in the league throws for that if they play 16 games. If they don't, odds are incredibly strong they;ll never start again. The new standard for a good QB is 4000 yards, of which Brees has 12. Without looking, I'm gonna guess that's 12 more than in Buffalo Bills history. he also happens to have 5 seasons where he threw for 5000 yards and one more that was 48 yards shy.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

My god, that list, it's all Drew Brees!

Youll notice the only QB on that list that is not from the Everything benefits the passing game era and he isnt toward the bottom.

That is one of the reasons I say Dan Marino is the GOAT and it is possible that an actual goat may have been better than some of the WRs and RBs he had at his disposal.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Youll notice the only QB on that list that is not from the Everything benefits the passing game era and he isnt toward the bottom.

That is one of the reasons I say Dan Marino is the GOAT and it is possible that an actual goat may have been better than some of the WRs and RBs he had at his disposal.

Yeah, good point.  He was pretty incredible in the era he played, and if you weigh the numbers, he likely does come out as the GOAT.  However, no SB wins so he's not going to get that kind of credit in the media.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Yeah, good point.  He was pretty incredible in the era he played, and if you weigh the numbers, he likely does come out as the GOAT.  However, no SB wins so he's not going to get that kind of credit in the media.

Plus the 62-7 playoff loss kind of hit and hurt him.  It’s a danger of sticking around for to long and reminds me of Jim Rice from the Red Sox.  

11 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

F the media.  Championships are the result of Team play and coaching.  I dont give credit to the HOF in any sport, especially baseball because the only thing that should matter is individual accomplishments on the field of play.  Specifically how can you accept anything as legitimate when the greatest hitter of all-time is not in the hall of fame.  The dumbest and most dishonest people in society may very well be in the media.