Interesting article on Robert Foster

Billsfanatixs

Didn't realize he was the number 2 wide receiver prospect coming out of High School, I saw adjusted ranking that had him at Number 1 WR  and 11th over best prospect. While I was stalking him I found this pretty cool article.  

Click Here

Here is the link I was talking about in the original post showing him as #1 WR prospect

Click Here

Edited by Billsfanatixs
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Calvin Ridley 

Alabama doesn't wait for you to get healthy, they bring in another 5 star recruit.

I'd bring Malachai Depre in for camp again for similar reasons. Give an open competition to young WRs + vet FA + 1-2Rnd pick.

Dupre attended John Curtis Christian High School in River Ridge, Louisiana. As a senior, he recorded 34 receptions for 607 yards and six touchdowns and as a junior he had 36 receptions for 816 yards and 15 touchdowns. Dupre was rated as a five-star recruit and was either ranked as the first or second best receiver in his class by numerous scouting outlets.[1][2] He committed to Louisiana State University (LSU) to play college football

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wonder why his college career went so poorly 

Kamara had to transfer from Alabama. People think it's ridiculous when they talk about that school beating a pro team. I used to think that too... They're another animal at this point. 

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well sure, but that begs the question "why didn't he play that much in college?"

Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy... That team is always loaded.

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well sure, but that begs the question "why didn't he play that much in college?"

The Athletic has an article on him and says that he didn't work very hard at being good. Dropped a lot of balls. He admits to it and that even after signing with the Bills he wasn't working hard enough.

Getting cut earlier in the season apparently lit a fire in him. He went all in and spent his free time working to get better, studying, practicing on his own, etc. His roommate and friend, Bills player Keith Ford said,

“I’ve seen him work ever since the beginning. I already knew. He was miserable, but I can tell you he put his head down. I’ve never seen him grind so hard, because he wanted to play.”

https://theathletic.com/717759/2018/12/16/that-boy-is-balling-robert-fosters-historic-production-sparks-bills-win-inspires-fellow-rookies/

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Didn't realize he was the number 2 wide receiver prospect coming out of High School, I saw adjusted ranking that had him at Number 1 WR  and 11th over best prospect. While I was stalking him I found this pretty cool article.  

Click Here

Here is the link I was talking about in the original post showing him as #1 WR prospect

Click Here

john ross 60, will fuller 46,  tyler boyd 23, lequon treadwell 3

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wonder why his college career went so poorly 

Good question.  I doubt we'll ever find out.  It's also interesting that after a strong combine, he still didn't get drafted.  I think it's pretty clear that Brian Daboll's presence on the coaching staff had a lot to do with Buffalo wanting to sign him, and probably a lot to do with Foister wanting to come to Buffalo.  Sometimes it all works out!./

The year that was supposed to be his coming out party he was injured receiving a punt in practice I believe. He had two or so good games and then the injury happened. It was a serious injury and he wasnt able to play that year. Then Calvin had a good year and Hurts showed up. 

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/08/alabama_wide_receiver_robert_f.html

Edited by Bfanlc
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

The Athletic has an article on him and says that he didn't work very hard at being good. Dropped a lot of balls. He admits to it and that even after signing with the Bills he wasn't working hard enough.

Getting cut earlier in the season apparently lit a fire in him. He went all in and spent his free time working to get better, studying, practicing on his own, etc. His roommate and friend, Bills player Keith Ford said,

“I’ve seen him work ever since the beginning. I already knew. He was miserable, but I can tell you he put his head down. I’ve never seen him grind so hard, because he wanted to play.”

https://theathletic.com/717759/2018/12/16/that-boy-is-balling-robert-fosters-historic-production-sparks-bills-win-inspires-fellow-rookies/

I read that too.  Great story, but the key will be whether Foster retains that work ethic now that he is experiencing success.  Plenty of guys have worked to "get there" and then coasted...hope he learned a permanent lesson about what it takes to play in the NFL.

8 hours ago, nemhoff said:

I find it fascinating that only 5 or 6 of those top 50 HS WR ( as rated by 247) are on a NFL roster.  And Foster is the highest ranked and was a UDFA

Funny when you look at some of the ranks, eh? 

Laquon Treadwell and Foster 1 and 2.

Tyler Boyd 14, Mike Williams 34, Will Fuller 40, John Ross 41, Evan Engram 124, all relatively high picks and with the exception of Ross, established players