Vegas Bettor Loses More Than $500K After the Seahawks Lose to the 49ers ?​​​​​​​

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I said I don't understand it's APPEAL. Try englishing sometime.

I understand how it works. But please, go on and continue with your ill-informed responses.

And called those who do "degenerates."  Try using actual words sometime.

16 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Honestly, I don't understand the appeal of gambling, at all. Outside of maybe betting a dollar or two on a billion-dollar lottery ticket once a year.

It seems wasteful.

it's a fun form of recreation, people who cannot sit still in life can sit there for 8 hours at a poker game with friends, giving rapt attention

the internet has provided other free forms of timewasting that can eat up all your leisure hours though

The cost of one admission is your mind

1 minute ago, eball said:

And called those who do "degenerates."  Try using actual words sometime.

Again, try English. I called a guy who wasted A HALF A MILLION DOLLARS gambling a degenerate.

How many people could be housed/fed with that much money?

This isn't hard.

14 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Again, try English. I called a guy who wasted A HALF A MILLION DOLLARS gambling a degenerate.

How many people could be housed/fed with that much money?

This isn't hard.

there are all kinds of agents and syndicates placing large wagers, especially if an error is perceived, had a great insider book (somewhere in my library) discussing the point spread, and how the book allowed a syndicate to place a monster wager on a mistake before adjusting the spread, a courtesy feature for customers...

the concept of the point spread is almost a miracle of man's mind, the way it is quickly set and rarely deviates and gets people who care to max out at 45% in a given year

Edited by row_33

Just now, row_33 said:

there are all kinds of agents and syndicates placing large wagers, especially if an error is perceived, had a great insider book (somewhere in my library) discussing the point spread, and how a mistake allowed a syndicate to place a monster wager on it before adjusting the spread

the concept of the point spread is almost a miracle of man's mind, the way it is quickly set and rarely deviates and gets people who care to max out at 45% in a given year

That's all very interesting. :blink:

13 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Can't speak for him, but no way you lay 13 in pretty much any game at this point in the season. In spite of the whiners, the Bills are playing hard and the Pats* are half the team they used to be. 

Granted, I would stay away from the game, altogether, but Pats* -13 is a crappy bet.

No way we lose to them by 13. The MNF game was a 3-6 point game into the fourth quarter with Derek Anderson at QB and our offense still playing at a historically bad level. 

22 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

you play a $1000 square every year??? That's pretty cool..and ballsy. How much did the quarter pay?

1st & 3rd pay $15,000, Half pays $20,000 Final pays $50,000.

It's $20 a week. I easily spend double that each week on FF and Draft.com. 

On 12/17/2018 at 9:57 PM, Jauronimo said:

That's oddly specific.  Everything OK?

Even worse if the bet was to recoup the real estate loss.

Mychal Kendricks, trying to payoff the insider trading fines.  His insider source, will of course, skate.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Even worse if the bet was to recoup the real estate loss.

Mychal Kendricks, trying to payoff the insider trading fines.  His insider source, will of course, skate.

that's hard to believe, doesn't take much to dig and find out who that is and I've chased after them even when they lost $15

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

that's hard to believe, doesn't take much to dig and find out who that is and I've chased after them even when they lost $15

You’re commenting based upon your experience and skill as a forensic accountant.  I’m basing my commenting on this forum substituting for my career in stand up comedy.  ?  I know, “don’t quit your day job!”