Week 15: Bills vs. Lions All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 15: Bills vs. Lions All-22 Coaches Film Reviews
1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Nice to see the variations with McKenzie.  

I love to see now that that they have some consistency in the WRs with Foster, McKenzie, and Jones - how they are starting to build different concepts.  It had to be so hard earlier in the season with these guys with no experience or with KB with no speed and not being able to build and stack play types.

It really bodes well for the future if you can take this experience and use it to plan for the next 2 weeks and then the entire off season.

The best part of the All 22 reviews on Allen is the unanimous feeling that he's improving every game.  This is the most important stat IMO for a rookie QB.  I particularly like that after reviewing the film these folks are concluding that his biggest improvements are in things he did poorly before.  The willingness & ability to learn is huge for the ultimate success of a rookie QB.  

• Like (+1) 3

Nice to get confirmation from the All 22. He played much better than his numbers suggested. It was really just the two dropped INTs (end of 1st q along sideline and mid 4th on the scramble right) and the overthrow deep to Zay when he was doubled covered in the 3rd. Outside of that he was really excellent. Sure felt like we couldn't get open for him. 

16 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The best part of the All 22 reviews on Allen is the unanimous feeling that he's improving every game.  This is the most important stat IMO for a rookie QB.  I particularly like that after reviewing the film these folks are concluding that his biggest improvements are in things he did poorly before.  The willingness & ability to learn is huge for the ultimate success of a rookie QB.  

I've been trying to temper my expectations and excitement for Allen, but he's making it tough. His improvement each game is too hard for me to ignore. Since he's come back from injury, it's been so much fun to watch. The first game or two back it was making me nervous because he was taking big hits, but now he's going out of bounds, throwing it away, and sliding to avoid shots. 

Before the injury, he was bailing too fast in the pocket, but he's rarely doing that now. Against the fins he really only did it once, unfortunately that was the last play of the game, but I'm giving him a pass on that one. Against the Lions they were forcing him to play QB (we've heard that before) and he stayed in the pocket, made short throws, went through progressions, threw deep, and only scrambled when it was called for.

His accuracy has looked solid recently as well. He's making the easy throws (WR screens, quick hitches, etc) and when he does miss, it's usually just barely. I don't know if any of the receivers have made a really tough catch, probably Croom at the end of the Lions game might be the toughest. Allen isn't getting a ton of help, but is still making plays.

He's still got work to do (obviously), but he's got me excited and he's got tremendous work ethic so I have a hard time thinking he won't continue to improve. I can't wait for the start of next year already.

30 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

I've been trying to temper my expectations and excitement for Allen, but he's making it tough. His improvement each game is too hard for me to ignore. Since he's come back from injury, it's been so much fun to watch. The first game or two back it was making me nervous because he was taking big hits, but now he's going out of bounds, throwing it away, and sliding to avoid shots. 

Before the injury, he was bailing too fast in the pocket, but he's rarely doing that now. Against the fins he really only did it once, unfortunately that was the last play of the game, but I'm giving him a pass on that one. Against the Lions they were forcing him to play QB (we've heard that before) and he stayed in the pocket, made short throws, went through progressions, threw deep, and only scrambled when it was called for.

His accuracy has looked solid recently as well. He's making the easy throws (WR screens, quick hitches, etc) and when he does miss, it's usually just barely. I don't know if any of the receivers have made a really tough catch, probably Croom at the end of the Lions game might be the toughest. Allen isn't getting a ton of help, but is still making plays.

He's still got work to do (obviously), but he's got me excited and he's got tremendous work ethic so I have a hard time thinking he won't continue to improve. I can't wait for the start of next year already.

Big test this weekend against belichek. Hope he nails it. Haven't been this excited since Kelly.

2 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

Big test this weekend against belichek. Hope he nails it. Haven't been this excited since Kelly.

Oh yeah, very excited about this weekend. We'll all be on cloud 9 if Allen can look good and they beat the cheats to screw up their shot at home field advantage. Of course I wouldn't be shocked if belichick confuses the hell out of him and makes him look bad. Hopefully Daboll has a few tricks up his sleeve. 

• Like (+1) 1