Foster, McKenzie and Jones

RPbillsfan

I'd target Tyrell Williams in FA and draft a speed WR in Rd 1 or 2.

Can never have too much speed with Josh Allen's arm.  

Four wide with an improved OL - Williams / Foster / Draft Pick / McKenzie (Zay) - RB in the backfield. 

Defense has to account for track speed at wideout, a rb out of the backfield and Josh Allen's ability to run for 20 yards at any given moment.

How does it work with UDFA's as far as rights and contracts going forward? I assume McKenzie will be a FA, but not sure about Foster. I assume he'd be a FA.

It would be asinine to throw BIG money at Foster, but just as dumb to let him get away. We should definitely bring McKenzie back as well.

48 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

How does it work with UDFA's as far as rights and contracts going forward? I assume McKenzie will be a FA, but not sure about Foster. I assume he'd be a FA.

It would be asinine to throw BIG money at Foster, but just as dumb to let him get away. We should definitely bring McKenzie back as well.

According to Over the Cap, both McKenzie and Foster are both here until 2020, and even then Foster is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent. Neither player will require an enticement to play here next year. The Bills can wait until late in the season next year to worry about deciding whether to keep them in 2020.

Player

Pos.

2019 Team

2020 Team

Type

Snaps

Current APY

Guarantees

Isaiah McKenzie

WR

Bills

RFA

0%

$600,000

$0

Robert Foster

WR

Bills

ERFA

0%

$525,000

$0

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, simpleman said:

According to Over the Cap, both McKenzie and Foster are both here until 2020, and even then Foster is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent. Neither player will require an enticement to play here next year. The Bills can wait until late in the season next year to worry about deciding whether to keep them in 2020.

Player

Pos.

2019 Team

2020 Team

Type

Snaps

Current APY

Guarantees

Isaiah McKenzie

WR

Bills

RFA

0%

$600,000

$0

Robert Foster

WR

Bills

ERFA

0%

$525,000

$0

Nice. So we have exclusive rights to Foster and McKenzie is back if we so choose considering he's restricted. Good to know. 

Edit. Didn't even notice that this info pertains to NEXT offseason. Even better.

Last UDFA with this kind of talent was Peters and I was too young to track all the contract nonsense.

Edited by BillsSB2020