Portland Bills Backers Stand up!

NewEra

19 hours ago, njbuff said:

ANTIFA and the stupid SJW crowd.

That’s what happyto Portland Oregon.

Meh, not to sidetrack this on politics (which njbuff already did), but I would argue that the Proud Boys (aka nazis by a different name) and their monthly intimidation rallies have been just as harmful to the peace of this city as ANTIFA. They're butthurt that what was once a bastion of proud racism (Oregon was founded as a "Whites only" state) has become a liberal stronghold. So they show up in ski masks with heavy weaponry to scare the locals.

If anything is really dragging Portland down these days, though, it's rampant homelessness and skyrocketing real estate prices, not to mention the constant condo high rise construction projects. What happened to Seattle (and many other places) is now happening here. Gentrification ruining neighborhoods, population growth outpacing infrastructure growth causing constant traffic jams, etc... So in other words, the usual.

Oh, and despite the above, Portland is NOT a craphole. It has thriving food, craft beer, cannabis, music, art, social, political, and sports culture, not to mention some of the nicest nature parks in the country. The huge population influx I just mentioned above is evidence that Portland is awesome. More people are moving here than the city can handle, and its one of the fastest growing cities in America. Wonder why that is?

As to the original question posed in this post: Portland Bills Backers at the Cheerful Bullpen is an awesome time. Prize giveaways, Shout song after every TD, Labatt's, wings, etc...You'll have fun. Enjoy Portland!

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Meh, not to sidetrack this on politics (which njbuff already did), but I would argue that the Proud Boys (aka nazis by a different name) and their monthly intimidation rallies have been just as harmful to the peace of this city as ANTIFA. They're butthurt that what was once a bastion of proud racism (Oregon was founded as a "Whites only" state) has become a liberal stronghold. So they show up in ski masks with heavy weaponry to scare the locals.

If anything is really dragging Portland down these days, though, it's rampant homelessness and skyrocketing real estate prices, not to mention the constant condo high rise construction projects. What happened to Seattle (and many other places) is now happening here. Gentrification ruining neighborhoods, population growth outpacing infrastructure growth causing constant traffic jams, etc... So in other words, the usual.

Oh, and despite the above, Portland is NOT a craphole. It has thriving food, craft beer, cannabis, music, art, social, political, and sports culture, not to mention some of the nicest nature parks in the country. The huge population influx I just mentioned above is evidence that Portland is awesome. More people are moving here than the city can handle, and its one of the fastest growing cities in America. Wonder why that is?

As to the original question posed in this post: Portland Bills Backers at the Cheerful Bullpen is an awesome time. Prize giveaways, Shout song after every TD, Labatt's, wings, etc...You'll have fun. Enjoy Portland!

Are you or any other posters going to be there this time of year?  I know some Bills bars die out week 16 with nothing on the line.  I’m pulling myself away from the family during the holidays.  They have the nfl package so I can watch the game there, but would rather meet some of the Portland bills backers and seeing how they do things there.  But if no one shows up this time of year, might be better off hanging with the fam and watching it.

9 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

What is GamerGate?

One of the reasons why I stopped reporting on video games behind the scenes.  It’s a long and interesting story; Zoe Quinn is small potatoes along with Alison Rapp.  You want what goes on; realistically you take a look at Microsoft hiring risqué dancers in school for uniforms.  Along with comping potential programmers and developers with party favors writing them off as “artists” kind of takes off the covers of the purported kid friendly companies.  

36 minutes ago, Logic said:

What happened to Seattle (and many other places) is now happening here. Gentrification ruining neighborhoods, population growth outpacing infrastructure growth causing constant traffic jams, etc... So in other words, the usual.

Agree, although I think Seattle is still chalk full of vibrant neighborhoods. Most of the nonsense within the city has been in South Lake Union. Belltown, Pioneer Square, queen anne, ballard, phinney ridge, wallingford...all awesome. Fremont is probably the most changed of the classic neighborhoods. Anyway just my take, I still love Seattle even with all the development. I can't say the same for SF, which went from an amazing city to seriously degraded (imo) within the past 20 years.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Are you or any other posters going to be there this time of year?  I know some Bills bars die out week 16 with nothing on the line.  I’m pulling myself away from the family during the holidays.  They have the nfl package so I can watch the game there, but would rather meet some of the Portland bills backers and seeing how they do things there.  But if no one shows up this time of year, might be better off hanging with the fam and watching it.

I won't be there. I shelled out the money for Sunday Ticket this year. Figured I'd save money in the long run vs running up a bar tab every Sunday at Cheerful Bullpen.

Last year it was still hopping at the end of the year, but that's only because the Bills were in the playoff hunt.

I don't think you'll find the place packed, but given that it's Bills-Pats and that people are excited about Allen, I think there'll be a decent number of people there. On the other hand, I don't know that the turnout for a week 16, nothing-to-play-for game is the best representation of the Portland Bills Backers, any way. If you'll score some brownie points by hanging with the fam, it might be better to do that. 

Maybe someone else here who has been in the past couple weeks can shed some more light on recent turnout?

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

Agree, although I think Seattle is still chalk full of vibrant neighborhoods. Most of the nonsense within the city has been in South Lake Union. Belltown, Pioneer Square, queen anne, ballard, phinney ridge, wallingford...all awesome. Fremont is probably the most changed of the classic neighborhoods. Anyway just my take, I still love Seattle even with all the development. I can't say the same for SF, which went from an amazing city to seriously degraded (imo) within the past 20 years.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Seattle. I didn't mean to say that it's not a great place. It's such an awesome city. Ballard is my favorite. I visit often. I'm just saying that it's a shame to see thousands of locals getting priced out of the city due to Amazon and the like. It's a shame to see the homelessness situation there just like I see it here. And now the same type of mass infiltration is happening in Portland. I'm eventually gonna get priced out, and that sucks because I love the Pacific Northwest.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

One of the reasons why I stopped reporting on video games behind the scenes.  It’s a long and interesting story; Zoe Quinn is small potatoes along with Alison Rapp.  You want what goes on; realistically you take a look at Microsoft hiring risqué dancers in school for uniforms.  Along with comping potential programmers and developers with party favors writing them off as “artists” kind of takes off the covers of the purported kid friendly companies.  

And this happened in Portland?

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I won't be there. I shelled out the money for Sunday Ticket this year. Figured I'd save money in the long run vs running up a bar tab every Sunday at Cheerful Bullpen.

Last year it was still hopping at the end of the year, but that's only because the Bills were in the playoff hunt.

I don't think you'll find the place packed, but given that it's Bills-Pats and that people are excited about Allen, I think there'll be a decent number of people there. On the other hand, I don't know that the turnout for a week 16, nothing-to-play-for game is the best representation of the Portland Bills Backers, any way. If you'll score some brownie points by hanging with the fam, it might be better to do that. 

Maybe someone else here who has been in the past couple weeks can shed some more light on recent turnout?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Seattle. I didn't mean to say that it's not a great place. It's such an awesome city. Ballard is my favorite. I visit often. I'm just saying that it's a shame to see thousands of locals getting priced out of the city due to Amazon and the like. It's a shame to see the homelessness situation there just like I see it here. And now the same type of mass infiltration is happening in Portland. I'm eventually gonna get priced out, and that sucks because I love the Pacific Northwest.

I appreciate the feedback.  Maybe we’ll

lret up another time.  I’ll be in Tigard a couple times a year.

I can't talk about Portland without mentioning the Columbia River Gorge.

It's one of my favorite places in the world. 

If you have a chance to explore the region, please do yourself a favor and do it.

(Dog Mountain, on the Washington side, can be a spiritual experience for anyone hiking it in May/June, when it's completely covered in wildflowers.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

It's 90 minute drive for me so I haven't been there much lately. I'm sure they'll be some turnout - heck we're talking Bills fans. I was at the Oregon coast last weekend and there were 5 Bills fans at a sports bar watching the Lions game even though the season is basically over.

Edited by Uncle Joe

On 12/17/2018 at 4:35 PM, njbuff said:

Portland. Oregon has become the biggest craphole in America.

Let's hope you mean Portland, Maine. ?

That's your half assed opinion

OP: Cheerful Bullpen is the place...to my knowledge.

23 hours ago, njbuff said:

ANTIFA and the stupid SJW crowd.

That’s what happyto Portland Oregon.

?

Edited by thunderingsquid

12 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

The Portland Bills Backers club sucks.  Its a ***** small bar near the soccer stadium that does not allow kids. The homeless are camping everywhere. Stay home and watch the game on TV.

I don’t particularly care for the Bills Backers bar either.  I can recommend watching the game at Tom’s Pizza on N Lombard, although it tends to be kind of a Broncos hangout.  It actually reminds me of a lot of joints in Buffalo.

On 12/19/2018 at 12:51 AM, NewEra said:

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I was referring to Portland Oregon, sorry about that.    I’ll be joining them at pdxbb.com.  Much appreciated uncle joe.

Look up the Millers, Tom and his son, they'll show you a good time at the Cheerful Bullpen.  Love those guys.  

That's assuming you can make your way through the armies of social justice warriors and the throngs of antifa protesters on your way there.  SMH.