Portland Bills Backers Stand up!

NewEra

I’ll be spending Christmas with my wife’s family in Portland (Tigard) so I’ll be looking for the best bills bar In the Portland area to watch Josh Allen take the throne from Tom Brady.  Who am I joining for the game and would you like me to bring you a happy gummie?

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Portland ME is a FANTASTIC town.

Ayuh, there’s always a lot to do in Portland, ME and ain’t much of anything else to do otherwise.  Country views are nice but it’s largely boring here.  Pity Orono is far away for Black Bears and the Bobcats are closer but; the Bobcats are 0-8 and only one positive is Jon Lindgren.  

7 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Ayuh, there’s always a lot to do in Portland, ME and ain’t much of anything else to do otherwise.  Country views are nice but it’s largely boring here.  Pity Orono is far away for Black Bears and the Bobcats are closer but; the Bobcats are 0-8 and only one positive is Jon Lindgren.  

I take it you’re younger, country views and a lack of humanity suit me just fine. 

My older brother moved to Portland, ME about 10 years ago. He started a brewery about 18 month ago in S. Portland. He’ll have the game on. He is of course a Bills fan and will most likely give any WNY people the Buffalo discount. His place is “Island Dog Brewing”. 

I’ve been to Portland and to other parts of Maine and will say if you like to do things outside other than snow shoeing, you’ll want to get back there in the summer. However, there are many great places to eat and a lively micro brew scene there for when its cold out.

• Like (+1) 3

I used to live near Portland Oregon and loved joining the local Bills Backers.  A really great crowd.

Have fun!

23 hours ago, njbuff said:

Portland. Oregon has become the biggest craphole in America.

Let's hope you mean Portland, Maine. ?

Just wondering what's been happening in the PDX for it to become the biggest craphole in America.  (Lord knows there are a LOT of big crapholes there.)

I lived near the PDX for 5-6 years before we moved to Aotearoa, 13 years ago.

33 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I used to live near Portland Oregon and loved joining the local Bills Backers.  A really great crowd.

Have fun!

Just wondering what's been happening in the PDX for it to become the biggest craphole in America.  (Lord knows there are a LOT of big crapholes there.)

I lived near the PDX for 5-6 years before we moved to Aotearoa, 13 years ago.

ANTIFA and the stupid SJW crowd.

That’s what happyto Portland Oregon.

44 minutes ago, njbuff said:

ANTIFA and the stupid SJW crowd.

That’s what happyto Portland Oregon.

Agreed. Portland is not what it was 40 years ago.

But that doesn't mean there aren't some great Bills fans.

Even some that were born and raised in the swamps of NJ. :ph34r: ?

4 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Social Justice Warrior.

Oh.  That makes Portland bad?  I’ve lived here 24 years and I’ve never encountered one of those, nor have I ever run into an Antifa.  Maybe the guy from New Jersey is better informed, though.

Edited by mannc
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Oh.  That makes Portland bad?  I’ve lived here 24 years and I’ve never encountered one of those, nor have I ever run into an Antifa.  Maybe the guy from New Jersey is better informed, though.

All you have to do is read OLive on the internet to know about the demonstrations. But just like anywhere most places are better than the negative publicity. 

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Listening to folks cry bitterly about antifa or SJW’s is a hold over from GamerGate.  I just let it flow in one ear and out of the other.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

All you have to do is read OLive on the internet to know about the demonstrations. But just like anywhere most places are better than the negative publicity. 

Well, I work downtown and I’ve never been harmed or even seriously inconvenienced by any of these demonstrations.  I’ll grant you that the city government is a joke, but the good still outweighs the bad here...

• Like (+1) 2

I used to have relatives in Portland, and I would visit every so often. I always had a good time.  We would take the train in from the suburbs, and hang around downtown for a while. Restaurants, brew pubs, food trucks, Saturday market, walks along the river.  A lot of homeless people, which creeped out my wife a little, but I mostly just ignored them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Chris Keating was a very, very fine ILB for The Bills for several years before they turned the corner. He was a Maine alumni. I almost went there waaaaay back in the day. Have fond remembrances of Maine. 

The old port part of Portland is a very nice area. 

• Like (+1) 1