NY Governor: Legalize recreational marijuana in NY state in 2019

BillsFan4

19 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2018/12/17/recreational-marijuana-andrew-cuomo-new-york/2336975002/

I’ll be interested to see if this happens, and what exactly the laws will be if it is indeed legalized in NY state. 

Gee, sounds like more tax revenue. I bet they turn it down.....        ?

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Pot is going to be legal everywhere in the country soon enough.

It's the next societal shift, after same sex marriage.

Except in New Hampshire. Liquor sold on interstate highways? Sure! Legal weed when you are surrounded by states with legal weed? Let's not act rashly.

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Gee, sounds like more tax revenue. I bet they turn it down.....        ?

Meet the world's dumbest Republican.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/20181020/sununu-opposes-marijuana-legalization

Edited by PromoTheRobot

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Except in New Hampshire. Liquor sold on interstate highways? Sure! Legal weed when you are surrounded by states with legal weed? Let's not act rashly.

Meet the world's dumbest Republican.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/20181020/sununu-opposes-marijuana-legalization

It’s New Hampshire! You’re not sequestered in the middle of Kansas! Maybe the plan is to further jack up gas taxes as people have to travel? Maybe a toll to get out of, then back into the state? 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s New Hampshire! You’re not sequestered in the middle of Kansas! Maybe the plan is to further jack up gas taxes as people have to travel? Maybe a toll to get out of, then back into the state? 

Our gas taxes are pretty low now. Tolls already exist on our 10 mile stretch of i-95 just to stick it to Massholes. My guess is the Guv is getting huge campaign donations from the pharmaceutical industry, through the state's largest hospital system. They lost New Jersey and soon New York to the demon weed. I guess tiny New Hampshire will be their beachhead.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

55 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Our gas taxes are pretty low now. Tolls already exist on our 10 mile stretch of i-95 just to stick it to Massholes. My guess is the Guv is getting huge campaign donations from the pharmaceutical industry, through the state's largest hospital system. They lost New Jersey and soon New York to the demon weed. I guess tiny New Hampshire will be their beachhead.

They haven’t lost New Jersey yet lol

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

New Hampshire: the "Live Free or Die" state.

Seems like they should have been the first to legalize it.

Apparently, slogans aren't always the truth. Who knew?

9 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

New Hampshire: the "Live Free or Die" state.

Seems like they should have been the first to legalize it.

Apparently, slogans aren't always the truth. Who knew?

Believe it or not we were the first state house legislature that passed legal weed...9 years ago. But the Republican senate and governor scuttled it.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

I don't claim perfection I just get annoyed with pot worship.

Lol, okay. Maybe it's not so much "pot worship" as people wanting the freedom to do what they like as long as it doesn't hurt anyone? Or maybe it's a desire to stop letting billions go into an unregulated and untaxed black market? It's funny how we tolerate negatives from some things but not others.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lol, okay. Maybe it's not so much "pot worship" as people wanting the freedom to do what they like as long as it doesn't hurt anyone? Or maybe it's a desire to stop letting billions go into an unregulated and untaxed black market? It's funny how we tolerate negatives from some things but not others.

Doesn't hurt anyone?  Lol having a generation of kids growing up thinking pot is harmless is sure to work out well.  

Freedom?  From what?  Guilt?  1000 laws won't ever make that happen.

And lol to the unregulated market crap.  Pot heads care about distribution methods and government coffers?  Ok.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Doesn't hurt anyone?  Lol having a generation of kids growing up thinking pot is harmless is sure to work out well.  

Freedom?  From what?  Guilt?  1000 laws won't ever make that happen.

And lol to the unregulated market crap.  Pot heads care about distribution methods and government coffers?  Ok.  

It's obvious you have a certain view. Enjoy it.