Transfer Portal: Welcome to CFB free agency

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Amazing!

The QB competition this year is going to be wild. Normally there’s a ton of love and brotherhood even among guys competing with each other. But in this case Tate Martell has been trash talking for weeks. Not sure how that will play out. 

Tate needs to put his phone away and his head down for the next 3 months. 

Spring game can’t come soon enough!!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

It was a matter of time. I am thankful that he stayed this year. I predict Texas.

Is he considering Oklahoma? He would have an offensive minded coach and program. And a chance to be with a high profile program. His former OC, Mike Locksley, is the new coach at Maryland. That might make sense for him. The below link shows that he has plenty of options to consider. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/jalen-hurts-ncaa-transfer-portal-options-alabama-quarterback/26a4df1n5l8t187fqrktn4dlf

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Is he considering Oklahoma? He would have an offensive minded coach and program. And a chance to be with a high profile program. His former OC, Mike Locksley, is the new coach at Maryland. That might make sense for him. The below link shows that he has plenty of options to consider. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/jalen-hurts-ncaa-transfer-portal-options-alabama-quarterback/26a4df1n5l8t187fqrktn4dlf

I only predict Texas because his family lives there. In terms of Locksley, you raise a great point but remember, Locksley was his 3rd OC at Alabama.

Edited by Bill from NYC

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I only predict Texas because his family lives there. In terms of Locksley, you raise a great point but remember, Locksley was his 3rd OC at Alabama.

Locksley is plugged in to the local high school programs. But because of his late start he will need early on in his tenure to add some experienced players to his first recruiting class which is going to be thin because of his late start.  At Maryland he would get a chance to start right away. 

Wherever he goes I will be rooting for him. In a very difficult situation he conducted himself with class and dignity. 

• Like (+1) 1

DE Raekwon Davis has announced that he will return to Alabama.

Frankly, his numbers fell this season and he looked a bit slower. I think that he has tons of talent and his decision will help the Crimson Tide and make him more money as is often the case with Bama players.

His decision imo was brave and intelligent and I wish him complete success.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2807101-dl-raekwon-davis-to-forego-2019-nfl-draft-return-to-alabama-for-senior-season

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Wherever he goes I will be rooting for him. In a very difficult situation he conducted himself with class and dignity. 

Absolutely! Same here!

Edited by Bill from NYC

29 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I guess he could consider Oklahoma but I have a feeling Spencer Rattler is going to start as a true freshman

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I guess he could consider Oklahoma but I have a feeling Spencer Rattler is going to start as a true freshman

Because of his situation I don't see him going to a program where he isn't (unofficially) assured that he is going to start. I'm not sure where that is going to be but I'm sure he is going to do his due diligence to make sure that is the situation he is going to. 

18 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Because of his situation I don't see him going to a program where he isn't (unofficially) assured that he is going to start. I'm not sure where that is going to be but I'm sure he is going to do his due diligence to make sure that is the situation he is going to. 

He should go to Penn State

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.