Finally got to watch the game...it was good to see Josh in the pocket

The Lions appeared to take away Josh Allen's runs and it was really good to see him throwing darts from the pocket......his WR's are still dropping balls that they should catch here and there....and with a very limited running game.

I dont think Deonte Thompson makes this squad next year...I was in favor of bringing him in but he had a chance to make a really nice catch for huge yardage and once again drops it.   It has been a pleasure to find Foster and McKenzie in this down year.....and god who knows how good Foster could actually become?   He is definately a 2 to me now.....we need a one......and McKenzie is seriously going to push Zay for playing time this next year.

We need another very good WR and a reliable TE..........

Also I think we have found our number 2 corner.....the kid just needs to put on some weight and get stronger...he is in perfect position most of the time and needs to take the ball away from the WR.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The Lions appeared to take away Josh Allen's runs and it was really good to see him throwing darts from the pocket......his WR's are still dropping balls that they should catch here and there....and with a very limited running game.

I dont think Deonte Thompson makes this squad next year...I was in favor of bringing him in but he had a chance to make a really nice catch for huge yardage and once again drops it.   It has been a pleasure to find Foster and McKenzie in this down year.....and god who knows how good Foster could actually become?   He is definately a 2 to me now.....we need a one......and McKenzie is seriously going to push Zay for playing time this next year.

Also I think we have found our number 2 corner.....the kid just needs to put on some weight and get stronger...he is in perfect position most of the time and needs to take the ball away from the WR.

if foster keeps up this sort of production through the end of the season i'm seriously wondering if we will be drafting a #2 in the spring and not a #1.

what a turnaround.

3 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Agreed on most points. It has become rather frustrating watching opponents WRs make contested catches week after week while ours do not.

you can watch wr's and te's all the around the league on a weekly basis reward their qb's, catching their "area code" throws. guys like big ben have made what seem to be half their livings off those type of throws...…. meanwhile in buffalo.....

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

if foster keeps up this sort of production through the end of the season i'm seriously wondering if we will be drafting a #2 in the spring and not a #1.

what a turnaround.

you can watch wr's and te's all the around the league on a weekly basis reward their qb's, catching their "area code" throws. guys like big ben have made what seem to be half their livings off those type of throws...…. meanwhile in buffalo.....

And a pedestrian catch like Fosters 75 yard TD is now considered a circus catch.

I'd be excited to see a receiver fighting for a catch and am impressed when they adjust for one.

Would like to see something before the end of the year.  

Like the holy grail 300 yard game, here in Buffalo 225 is considered a win fall......

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And a pedestrian catch like Fosters 75 yard TD is now considered a circus catch.

I'd be excited to see a receiver fighting for a catch and am impressed when they adjust for one.

Would like to see something before the end of the year.  

Like the holy grail 300 yard game, here in Buffalo 225 is considered a win fall......

not pedestrian, not a circus catch. you are making things up.

yes, and yes. 

and wtf is a win fall?

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

not pedestrian, not a circus catch. you are making things up.

yes, and yes. 

and wtf is a win fall?

Sorry windfall (spell check).

Foster catch was a nice catch, nothing spectacular.  The pass however was something else.

56 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

i think we need Two WRs zay is ok and McKenzie has flashes and are really 4&5 receivers. Foster is a third.

we desperately need a TE and hopefully two, tired of seeing all these other teams with many and we have none.

Would be cool to get the Iowa boys, it would be like have our version of Gronk and Hernandez.

56 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

The Kelvin Benjamin stench might take a while to wear off the rest of the WR's.

i just dont think they are good enough.

Benjamin is a welfare rat.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i think we need Two WRs zay is ok and McKenzie has flashes and are really 4&5 receivers. Foster is a third.

we desperately need a TE and hopefully two, tired of seeing all these other teams with many and we have none.

Would be cool to get the Iowa boys, it would be like have our version of Gronk and Hernandez.

We might not be able to come up with the two WR's this next year.....I think if we could get

- A REAL starter at TE

- A legit WR from the draft

- Foster as your 2

- McKenzie as your 3

- Zay as your 4

Spend that free agency money on veteran OL a pass rusher.......take Jonah with the number 1....maybe Deebo in the 2nd round?

Just now, John from Riverside said:

We might not be able to come up with the two WR's this next year.....I think if we could get

- A REAL starter at TE

- A legit WR from the draft

- Foster as your 2

- McKenzie as your 3

- Zay as your 4

Spend that free agency money on veteran OL a pass rusher.......take Jonah with the number 1....maybe Deebo in the 2nd round?

That looks good but what if one of our TEs becomes our number one  :devil:

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Better yet; It was good to see the Oline give Josh a pocket to throw from.

I thought it was his best game to date from a passing stand point. The last 3 weeks Josh has shown improvement in the short pass / quick throws,  and accuracy overall.

I wanted ot see him be more consistent and improve and he has done that I the 2nd half of the season. Still a work in progress but I am feeling better about his progression

• Like (+1) 2

I'd favor a #2 WR in FA.  With Zay being the elder statesmen of the WR corps (not counting Thompson who I doubt will be brought back), you need a veteran presence.  But definitely draft a WR early unless there are OL and/or a great TE prospect.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Also loved Josh being able to catch his breath in the pocket from time to time, for a change...kudos to the line, we give them plenty of deserved grief, but they did better than previous weeks in letting him scan the field, regardless of changes to the pressure packages of Detroit being more focused on contain. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

We might not be able to come up with the two WR's this next year....

Why not? We got 90 mil and 10 draft picks.  It's a HUGE HOLE, probably the biggest.

Sign Golden Tate plus another FA WR  and draft someone good.

The Bills will never have a good offense or passing game until we stop screwin' around and get some quality WR s in here.

Edited by reddogblitz

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Why not? We got 90 mil and 10 draft picks.  It's a HUGE HOLE, probably the biggest.

The Bills will never have a good offense or passing game until we stop screwin' around and get some quality WR s in here.

I think we get a free agent and a draft pick.....but I really like both Foster and McKenzie and I dont want them taken off the field......

I really wonder if the number 1 guy comes from the TE position....we got NOTHING there

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I think we get a free agent and a draft pick.....but I really like both Foster and McKenzie and I dont want them taken off the field......

I want to get 2 guys better than those and move those 2 guys down to 3 and 4.  If Zay gets muscled out, so be it. 

Since coming back

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

I want to get 2 guys better than those and move those 2 guys down to 3 and 4.  If Zay gets muscled out, so be it. 

Since coming back from the practice squad Foster is on pace for what would be a full season of well over 1000 yards.....

We want to move him to number 3?  Josh Allen has excellent chemistry with him.

Look I am not saying that we should not upgrade what was our most dismal position along with OL at the beginning of the year....but this is turning into what the LB situation was for us before Milano broke out......Foster HAS to stay in the mix.....McKenzie looks like a Roscoe Parrish type to me minus the injuries.

21 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I dunno - anybody but Golden Showers Tate....never liked him never thought he was consistently good.....