Brady and Belichick Deserve to Go Out On Top

Gugny

Remember when many people were upset by the Bills' run in the early 90's (accused of "ruining" the Super Bowl)?  New England has been dominating for about four times longer. I'm so sick of this team, I will certainly celebrate when Belichick  and Brady are off the scene. And I truly believe we are close to that day.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I'm ready for a first round playoff exit this year followed by a 7-9 record in 2019 as the BUFFALO BILLS win the AFC East.  

2019 AFC EAST

Buffalo 11-5 

NY Jets 9-7

NE Pats 7-9

Miami 6-10

This is followed by the announcement the TOM BRADY RETIRES at a broken down age 42. NE--- IT'S OVER! 

The Pats can piss off- I want to see them fall into the abyss the Browns lived in the past few years.

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not sure how serious you are or just having fun with the OP, but this statement right here is very true.  They win because they’ve been better and that’s hard for some fans to accept.  

I watched Joe Montana and Steve Young out here in Cali for their whole careers.  Both IMO are top 5 all time, and for a long time I had Joe as the GOAT. Brady took that spot from Joe IMO as the GOAT.  Brady has accomplished more than Joe despite having far far far less talent around him to work with most his career.  Joe has HOF guys (on both sides of the ball) his whole career in SF, Brady won 3 SB’s with guys like Troy Brown and Deion Branch.    

BUT:  F the Pats!  Guys like Brees and Rivers deserve to win it this year, I hope Pats don’t even make Playoffs.  I can be objective about how good they are, but F them, seen them win enough 

Montana and Young would throw for a million yards in this era.  When they played, you could actually play some pass defense.

I greatly enjoyed finally seeing an offensive line penalty called on the Patriots at a critical point in a game.  It's been a pet peeve of mine for pretty much their entire run.  Drop back 500ish times a season...2 holding penalties a year. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Montana and Young would throw for a million yards in this era.  When they played, you could actually play some pass defense.

I greatly enjoyed finally seeing an offensive line penalty called on the Patriots at a critical point in a game.  It's been a pet peeve of mine for pretty much their entire run.  Drop back 500ish times a season...2 holding penalties a year. 

Yes, its amazing how little those bastards get called

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

I was happy to see the Steelers beat the Patriots yesterday.  I was also happy to see Brady have to get up off the ground almost every time he threw the ball.

But as I reflect on the past nearly two decades, I can't help but think that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have earned the right to leave the game as champs.

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  No broken laws.  They've been, arguably, the most professional organization in the NFL for the past 20 years.  Sure, Belichick's pressers are boring and don't give any information, but I think that's an art and I love to see it.

Brady has been putting on clinics, week after week, for all football fans to enjoy.  We can root for them to lose, but we can also appreciate stellar football, which is what he/team have been putting on display on a very consistent basis.

With the Bills out of it and the Patriots' run clearly coming to an end, I'd like to see them hoist the Lombardi Trophy one last time.  It nets them the last pick in the first round (good for Buffalo) and will likely secure the retirements of Brady, Gronk and Belichick (also good for Bills).

And, frankly .... they deserve it.

i'm sorry, i'll read the rest of the posts later....but i am rooting for rivers to finally get a ring this year.  the guy has had a hall of fame career and the only thing that separates him from the greats is the lombardi. he deserves it. i predict he beats brees and the saints in the sb....38-35.  no one including the steelers and pats will beat them en route to the championship.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

The Pats can piss off- I want to see them fall into the abyss the Browns lived in the past few years.

You are being too kind.  I want to see at least 40 years a piece for the Pats and Steelers.  A certain team that I will not name has already succumbed to my curse as they have not been relevant for quite a number of years now.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

I was happy to see the Steelers beat the Patriots yesterday.  I was also happy to see Brady have to get up off the ground almost every time he threw the ball.

But as I reflect on the past nearly two decades, I can't help but think that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have earned the right to leave the game as champs.

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  No broken laws.  They've been, arguably, the most professional organization in the NFL for the past 20 years.  Sure, Belichick's pressers are boring and don't give any information, but I think that's an art and I love to see it.

Brady has been putting on clinics, week after week, for all football fans to enjoy.  We can root for them to lose, but we can also appreciate stellar football, which is what he/team have been putting on display on a very consistent basis.

With the Bills out of it and the Patriots' run clearly coming to an end, I'd like to see them hoist the Lombardi Trophy one last time.  It nets them the last pick in the first round (good for Buffalo) and will likely secure the retirements of Brady, Gronk and Belichick (also good for Bills).

And, frankly .... they deserve it.

NO THEY DO NOT.  I want to see them go out losers

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i'm sorry, i'll read the rest of the posts later....but i am rooting for rivers to finally get a ring this year.  the guy has had a hall of fame career and the only thing that separates him from the greats is the lombardi. he deserves it. i predict he beats brees and the saints in the sb....38-35.  no one including the steelers and pats will beat them en route to the championship.

After the Steelers 2nd string ended our playoff run with Bledsoe, I don't know how you could root for them.

59 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

I'm sorry, i'll read the rest of the posts later....but i am rooting for rivers to finally get a ring this year.  the guy has had a hall of fame career and the only thing that separates him from the greats is the lombardi. he deserves it.

You deserve a Lombardi when you win one and only then.