Brady and Belichick Deserve to Go Out On Top

Gugny

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I was happy to see the Steelers beat the Patriots yesterday.  I was also happy to see Brady have to get up off the ground almost every time he threw the ball.

But as I reflect on the past nearly two decades, I can't help but think that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have earned the right to leave the game as champs.

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  No broken laws.  They've been, arguably, the most professional organization in the NFL for the past 20 years.  Sure, Belichick's pressers are boring and don't give any information, but I think that's an art and I love to see it.

Brady has been putting on clinics, week after week, for all football fans to enjoy.  We can root for them to lose, but we can also appreciate stellar football, which is what he/team have been putting on display on a very consistent basis.

With the Bills out of it and the Patriots' run clearly coming to an end, I'd like to see them hoist the Lombardi Trophy one last time.  It nets them the last pick in the first round (good for Buffalo) and will likely secure the retirements of Brady, Gronk and Belichick (also good for Bills).

And, frankly .... they deserve it.

Gugny! you are great man! I almost bite the hook, with the ¨last position in the draft for them..." ... no way! c´mon Man, unless you're a Pats***** fan you want to see them in pain until they retire!! 

• Like (+1) 1

Don't fret, Gisele fanboy... The NFL will see to it that the Cheatriots win out. Even if they can't beat the Bills and Jets on their own and game script stays close, the refs will pull a few cheap penalties to give them momentum. It's worked many times before. Don't worry your little chowda head off...

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Don't bore me with the cheating narrative.  They know the rules better than any other team and they take advantage of that.  Deflategate was a joke.  They win because they're better.  We all know this.

You're right about Deflategate.  A buddy of mine took off about 60 lbs and we all called him the deflator. In fact,  that's still his nickname and we called him that before the deflategate thing. Here is his picture with his wife (we call her the deflatora):

Webp.net-compress-image.jpg

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

While that's a pretty funny take (it really is), it's not the direction I was going.  I dislike Brady, the Patriot, as much as everyone else here.  But the guy is the greatest of all time and continues to play at a high level.  He's kept his nose clean for all these years and played hard.  I'm trying to look at this without any bias.

Something tells me that's not quite right...but why??  :doh:

17 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Rumor around here is that @Gugny is Jerry Sullivan.   No one wants to confirm or deny this, which leads me to believe that it is Jerry Sullivan himself.  Can say for sure though.  HELP

Its interesting that you make a statement like this.  Isn't there a rumor that you are really BuffaloRush  who went into hiding after posting about betting 5k on Minnesota to beat the Bills and cover a double digit spread? :p

• Haha (+1) 1

I might be able to get on board with this if it were to guaranteed Brady/Bellicheat retire.

Then again, I might get more pleasure seeing Brady play one year too long, and show it. An ugly decline would put a smile on my face, as did Miami and Pittsburgh winning these past 2 weeks vs the Pats*.

Yea, I’d rather have the latter. 

Edited by Idandria

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

That was a blatant and obvious trip by a Bill's player who intentionally took down Gronk who was trying to be a polite gentleman like he was brought up to be and was going to offer White assistance getting back to his feet.

Pitts is such a dirty player. Poor Gronk was probably headed over to White to compliment him on the excellent coverage.

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

So...would you also have rooted for Bobby to get "one more" World Series ring as manager (since he was such a respected baseball man whose teams were so good for so long) before hanging it up in 2010 even though you "hated" them? Inquiring minds would like to know. ;) 

If the Mets were out of it, I would certainly have considered it, yes.

36 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Its interesting that you make a statement like this.  Isn't there a rumor that you are really BuffaloRush  who went into hiding after posting about betting 5k on Minnesota to beat the Bills and cover a double digit spread? ?

I don’t have 5K to bet, prissy cat

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Patriots Planet is taking new applications.

I'm a Bills fan, first.

I'm also a football fan who enjoys watching stellar performances.  One can appreciate another team's performance without being a fan of said team.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

I was happy to see the Steelers beat the Patriots yesterday.  I was also happy to see Brady have to get up off the ground almost every time he threw the ball.

But as I reflect on the past nearly two decades, I can't help but think that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have earned the right to leave the game as champs.

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  No broken laws.  They've been, arguably, the most professional organization in the NFL for the past 20 years.  Sure, Belichick's pressers are boring and don't give any information, but I think that's an art and I love to see it.

Brady has been putting on clinics, week after week, for all football fans to enjoy.  We can root for them to lose, but we can also appreciate stellar football, which is what he/team have been putting on display on a very consistent basis.

With the Bills out of it and the Patriots' run clearly coming to an end, I'd like to see them hoist the Lombardi Trophy one last time.  It nets them the last pick in the first round (good for Buffalo) and will likely secure the retirements of Brady, Gronk and Belichick (also good for Bills).

And, frankly .... they deserve it.

They do, and please dont call me Frankly

• Haha (+1) 1