Brady and Belichick Deserve to Go Out On Top

Gugny

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I was happy to see the Steelers beat the Patriots yesterday.  I was also happy to see Brady have to get up off the ground almost every time he threw the ball.

But as I reflect on the past nearly two decades, I can't help but think that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have earned the right to leave the game as champs.

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  No broken laws.  They've been, arguably, the most professional organization in the NFL for the past 20 years.  Sure, Belichick's pressers are boring and don't give any information, but I think that's an art and I love to see it.

Brady has been putting on clinics, week after week, for all football fans to enjoy.  We can root for them to lose, but we can also appreciate stellar football, which is what he/team have been putting on display on a very consistent basis.

With the Bills out of it and the Patriots' run clearly coming to an end, I'd like to see them hoist the Lombardi Trophy one last time.  It nets them the last pick in the first round (good for Buffalo) and will likely secure the retirements of Brady, Gronk and Belichick (also good for Bills).

And, frankly .... they deserve it.

The coach would not allow drama.

No broken Laws? you referring to legal laws like Duron Harmon or Aaron Hernandez getting in trouble?

Or broke NFL laws like Spygate, Deflategate?

Then you post this about Brady putting on a clinic? did he put on a clinic last week? your in the wrong fourms.

Edited by PrimeTime101

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

While that's a pretty funny take (it really is), it's not the direction I was going.  I dislike Brady, the Patriot, as much as everyone else here.  But the guy is the greatest of all time and continues to play at a high level.  He's kept his nose clean for all these years and played hard.  I'm trying to look at this without any bias.

All evidence in this thread to the contrary. 

Send a Christmas Cards to the Pegulas, OBD Management, and Buffalo Bills locker room stating your opinion.

I will defer to their feelings on this subject. 

Edited by ColoradoBills

They win because of Brady and that's it.

They had murderer on their team.

They cheated multiple times. Spygate was real. If it wasn't Roger would not have destroyed the tapes. The reason no one talks is because Vegas won't let them. Deflategate was real but not that big of an issue. The formations that push the rules to the point they need to be changed are unsportsmanlike.  

13 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

With all due respect, wasn't it to be expected that there would be some flak incoming for posting about the Pats during game week, with the motto of letting them get even more Lombardi's than they already have?? C'mon man, I think this was a poking the bear type posting that paid off beautifully--it's definitely a piping hot thread! 

The timing (Patriots Week) is purely coincidental.  With the Bills being mathematically eliminated and the Patriots coming off of a loss in which they did not look very good, I was inclined to bring it up.  Nothing to do with this week's game (which I believe the Bills will win).

Trollin trolllin trollin

I'll admit I did laugh out loud when you said Bill's pressers are an art form and you love to see it.

First of all they don't televise them because he just sits there and says nothing of consequence because he doesn't care about giving the fans any insight into their team, or see the value in working with the media.  In fact, he doesn't see the value in his own players. 

The worst run organization in football.  (yeah but they won a lot !!!!! so doesn't that mean they run a good organization?)

save it man.  listen to the interview with Wes Welker talking about how he was treated there.   Ridiculous.

Also, they've lost multiple high draft picks over the years for cheating.  but they deserve to win another one, because...you know...

I will admit, Kraft's mullet is impressive.   Gotta give ya that...

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The timing (Patriots Week) is purely coincidental.  With the Bills being mathematically eliminated and the Patriots coming off of a loss in which they did not look very good, I was inclined to bring it up.  Nothing to do with this week's game (which I believe the Bills will win).

Fair enough--I expect you to lead the post game Bills cheerleader type threads then when the Bills win! :) 

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Fair enough--I expect you to lead the post game Bills cheerleader type threads then when the Bills win! :) 

That's just it.  This has nothing to do with my Bills fandom.  They are two completely different things.  And yes -- I will absolutely post positively about the Bills, as I do each week.

Edited by Gugny

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I was happy to see the Steelers beat the Patriots yesterday.  I was also happy to see Brady have to get up off the ground almost every time he threw the ball.

But as I reflect on the past nearly two decades, I can't help but think that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have earned the right to leave the game as champs.

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  No broken laws.  They've been, arguably, the most professional organization in the NFL for the past 20 years.  Sure, Belichick's pressers are boring and don't give any information, but I think that's an art and I love to see it.

Brady has been putting on clinics, week after week, for all football fans to enjoy.  We can root for them to lose, but we can also appreciate stellar football, which is what he/team have been putting on display on a very consistent basis.

With the Bills out of it and the Patriots' run clearly coming to an end, I'd like to see them hoist the Lombardi Trophy one last time.  It nets them the last pick in the first round (good for Buffalo) and will likely secure the retirements of Brady, Gronk and Belichick (also good for Bills).

And, frankly .... they deserve it.

disgusted emma stone GIF

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

your really acting like a moron you know that? I hit wrong button.

In all seriousness, the topic of this thread is a) legitimate and b) serious.  I respectfully request that you treat it as such and I hope you learn how to hit the right button.  That's very important.

P.S.  You're

Edited by Gugny

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

In all seriousness, the topic of this thread is a) legitimate and b) serious.  I respectfully request that you treat it as such and I hope you learn how to hit the right button.  That's very important.

I suggest you read up to my earlier Quote before I hit the wrong button. Just a question though, Do you talk in the Patriots forums about how much you think the Bills deserve to win? if so I would like to see a link.

Edited by PrimeTime101

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Don't bore me with the cheating narrative.  They know the rules better than any other team and they take advantage of that.  Deflategate was a joke.  They win because they're better.  We all know this.

Jesse James as well as the Houston Texans would disagree with this.

Scary part...I read the Post without seeing who wrote it.  Thought it was a funny joke. Thought it was witty.  Then I saw it was GUG and my blood pressure rose a few points cuz I knew he was serious.

IMO is Brady the GOAT?  YES!  Do I want him to win another title?  NO! 

Do I want him to tear his ACL, MCL and ICL next week against the Bills?  YES!

Do I want Billicheat to go to hell with the way he treats reporters and the media?  YES!

PRESTON BROWN WAS A MORON!  Im trusting the Process and hoping the last two stanks left are gone in the offseason ( 55, 85 )

Edited by KW95
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I call it teammates coming to each other's aid.  In your other clip (the one where Gronk leveled Tre White), you'll notice every other Buffalo Bill in the picture doing .... not a damn thing.  What do you call that?

I call it Tantrum Tom Brady screaming at a Ref 

giphy.gif

Had anyone else but the spoiled one done that they would be ejected.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1