Brady and Belichick Deserve to Go Out On Top

Gugny

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Don't bore me with the cheating narrative.  They know the rules better than any other team and they take advantage of that.  Deflategate was a joke.  They win because they're better.  We all know this.

Not sure how serious you are or just having fun with the OP, but this statement right here is very true.  They win because they’ve been better and that’s hard for some fans to accept.  

I watched Joe Montana and Steve Young out here in Cali for their whole careers.  Both IMO are top 5 all time, and for a long time I had Joe as the GOAT. Brady took that spot from Joe IMO as the GOAT.  Brady has accomplished more than Joe despite having far far far less talent around him to work with most his career.  Joe has HOF guys (on both sides of the ball) his whole career in SF, Brady won 3 SB’s with guys like Troy Brown and Deion Branch.    

BUT:  F the Pats!  Guys like Brees and Rivers deserve to win it this year, I hope Pats don’t even make Playoffs.  I can be objective about how good they are, but F them, seen them win enough 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

what do you call this?  passion?

giphy.gif

I call it teammates coming to each other's aid.  In your other clip (the one where Gronk leveled Tre White), you'll notice every other Buffalo Bill in the picture doing .... not a damn thing.  What do you call that?

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I call it teammates coming to each other's aid.  In your other clip (the one where Gronk leveled Tre White), you'll notice every other Buffalo Bill in the picture doing .... not a damn thing.  What do you call that?

waiting for the Refs to 

Do Their Job. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

waiting for the Refs to 

Do Their Job. 

You're being a homer, Shady.  Tre White's teammates stood by with front row seats and did nothing.  That's a fact.  And when they had another crack at him later in the season .... same thing .... nuttin', honey.

That's the difference between franchises that are happy backing into the playoffs and franchises that think less than 12 wins in a season is a failure.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been burned too many times to say Brady is done, but....Brady as an ELITE quarterback is DONE.

He may have one last great postseason in him, but I doubt it. When it's over, it comes FAST. It doesn't usually happen incrementally. See Peyton Manning.

I hope and expect Brady to come back next season and I don't expect them to win the SB. His ego, which aided his five SB wins, will also be the thing that prevents him from admitting to himself that it's over.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was happy to see the Steelers beat the Patriots yesterday.  I was also happy to see Brady have to get up off the ground almost every time he threw the ball.

But as I reflect on the past nearly two decades, I can't help but think that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have earned the right to leave the game as champs.

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  No broken laws.  They've been, arguably, the most professional organization in the NFL for the past 20 years.  Sure, Belichick's pressers are boring and don't give any information, but I think that's an art and I love to see it.

Brady has been putting on clinics, week after week, for all football fans to enjoy.  We can root for them to lose, but we can also appreciate stellar football, which is what he/team have been putting on display on a very consistent basis.

With the Bills out of it and the Patriots' run clearly coming to an end, I'd like to see them hoist the Lombardi Trophy one last time.  It nets them the last pick in the first round (good for Buffalo) and will likely secure the retirements of Brady, Gronk and Belichick (also good for Bills).

And, frankly .... they deserve it.

Except for that minor Aaron Hernandez killing people thing....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Don't bore me with the cheating narrative.  They know the rules better than any other team and they take advantage of that.  Deflategate was a joke.  They win because they're better.  We all know this.

While I agree that deflategate was a joke and they know the rules well, you can't dismiss spygate. They cheated and got caught red handed on that one.

In saying that, they have still won 2 SBs after spygate

You can certainly say that they deserve respect for the unprecedented success that they have had, and any Hall of fame accolades.

BUT, to day that that entitles them to win this year..................that is just childish fanboyism

That's not how it works.

Ummm...they’ve hoisted the Lombardi aplenty—to the point where the last thing I’m worried about is bowing down to their egos yet again in the hopes that after this last time, it’s really over. Did anyone care outside of Bills fans, to let the Bills have just one more run at this time getting the ring, because they’d earned it through marching through the NFL the 4 years previous? If the Pats fall flat this time around, I’ll be cheering loudly as I hope everyone else around here will too—they’ve cost me enough angst the last 2 decades to last a lifetime. Of course I can appreciate football greatness, but doesn’t mean I have to like it or ask for more...especially at my team’s expense 2x per year 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That's cute op.  I hope we win next week.  This would surely send Brady into a mental depression and guarantee his retirement this off-season.  Three losses in a row in December coupled with a loss to the lowly Bills at home is definitely a sign that the Dynasty is over and it's time to hang em up.  Five rings is enough to "go out on top".

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was happy to see the Steelers beat the Patriots yesterday.  I was also happy to see Brady have to get up off the ground almost every time he threw the ball.

But as I reflect on the past nearly two decades, I can't help but think that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have earned the right to leave the game as champs.

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  No broken laws.  They've been, arguably, the most professional organization in the NFL for the past 20 years.  Sure, Belichick's pressers are boring and don't give any information, but I think that's an art and I love to see it.

Brady has been putting on clinics, week after week, for all football fans to enjoy.  We can root for them to lose, but we can also appreciate stellar football, which is what he/team have been putting on display on a very consistent basis.

With the Bills out of it and the Patriots' run clearly coming to an end, I'd like to see them hoist the Lombardi Trophy one last time.  It nets them the last pick in the first round (good for Buffalo) and will likely secure the retirements of Brady, Gronk and Belichick (also good for Bills).

And, frankly .... they deserve it.

Aaron Hernandez.. that is all

• Like (+1) 1