Bills fall from 6th to 10th in Draft Order

Big Turk

Bills most likely scenario is they finish 6-10 losing to the Pats on the road and beating Miami at home...

That probably will keep us in the top 10 but if we lose both that would be ideal, especially if we have good offensive showings in both games.

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Bills most likely scenario is they finish 6-10 losing to the Pats on the road and beating Miami at home...

That probably will keep us in the top 10 but if we lose both that would be ideal, especially if we have good offensive showings in both games.

This is going to seem contrarian, especially coming from me....but I disagree. Why?

The Bills need OFFENSIVE help in the draft, and from what I've read/heard just about everyone in the top 10 is a defensive star. So rather than have them reach, I'd like to see them drop to take O help.

• Like (+1) 2

It is unfortunate that there are 5 total 5-9 teams and we draft last out of ALL of them due to us owning the highest SOS. I hope this isn’t shades of the 2004 Draft where our 6-10 record in 2003 only netted us the 13th pick (due- again- to a very high SOS). Not that we need a QB- we don’t- but that high SOS is a critical reason we missed out on Big Ben at 10 and reached for Losman in a trade-up to 22.

Edited by Midwest1981
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Who cares? We have our QB. The value a 6 and 12 will be similar, we are not going to be high enough to have someone trade up. The success rate for picks in the 6-12 range is identical. Lets work on developing Josh Allen, hopefully he beats the Pats and Miami. That would make us a very attractive free agency location next year. The middle of the first round is more of a sweet spot for offence anyway. We could probably get Metcalf, Fant, or Little. All of those guys would improve this team a lot. 

• Like (+1) 7

I couldn't care less about where we draft this year. Actually the lower the pick the better Imo. I do not want to draft a wr, rb or o-line in the top 10. To me that is way too much risk. You can get a number 1 wr in the 20s and top o line in rounds 2-4. 

• Like (+1) 1

Of course the draft is very important.

However, more concerning to me (honestly) is that another team in our division, has a good young QB, and has more money than we do making the case to free agents to go there because the "better shot" is with them.

So, paraphrasing what I have stated before I would love to tell FAs, "we have an established coaching staff that has made it to the playoffs, we have a great Defense, we have money for you and our QB, and our team for that matter, had a better record than that other team you might be interested in...join the fun here in WNY."

"...oh...and Tom Brady is turning 42."

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

winning/playing well is more important than a few draft spots. Sorry but it is. Lets keep the JA train rolling. 

No, it's not.

Don't get me wrong, while I am excited to see Allen develop, the draft position never stops being important. 3 days after the season ends, you will not remember these useless victories, but you will then immediately wish we picked higher. 

1 minute ago, Clemfield2622 said:

No, it's not.

Don't get me wrong, while I am excited to see Allen develop, the draft position never stops being important. 3 days after the season ends, you will not remember these useless victories, but you will then immediately wish we picked higher. 

No I really won’t. We will be fine picking in the middle of round 1. I may feel different if there was a superstar WR or OL but there isn’t. We can get an equivalent offensive talent from pick 5-15. If you want defence this draft is loaded, there won’t be a huge drop off there either.

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Clemfield2622 said:

No, it's not.

In most years, I'd agree with you on this. But this year, in which most of the first round talent is defensive, it would suit OUR team best to pick later.

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This is going to seem contrarian, especially coming from me....but I disagree. Why?

The Bills need OFFENSIVE help in the draft, and from what I've read/heard just about everyone in the top 10 is a defensive star. So rather than have them reach, I'd like to see them drop to take O help.

Then why not get in the top 10 and trade down for more picks for the offensive help?  You know that someone is gonna want to move up - if you need a lot of help, then stockpile more picks.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Billzfan23 said:

Then why not get in the top 10 and trade down for more picks for the offensive help?  You know that someone is gonna want to move up - if you need a lot of help, then stockpile more picks.

Not necessarily. Generally, people only trade up for QB. And isn't this a paltry year for QBs?

3 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

No, it's not.

I might not remember those wins, but Josh Allen and company will. Believe that. Winnings breeds winning. Confidence breeds confidence. Don't care about draft position. Can trade up, can trade down, can stand pat. Doesn't matter. You play to win the game. 

• Like (+1) 7