YoloinOhio

Matt Barkley on the sidelines

Given that Barkley is much younger and was far more effective in his start, it would be hard to imagine Mc'dermott preferring Derek Anderson.

• Like (+1) 3

I’d love to have him back. However I think he’s looking for a starting opportunity. Not sure he would get one anywhere else, though. 

• Like (+1) 1

I noticed that during the game - love to see it

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I’d love to have him back. However I think he’s looking for a starting opportunity. Not sure he would get one anywhere else, though. 

I cant imagine he’d find that.. but who knows. Would love to have him back. 

• Like (+1) 6

He just might have been thrilled he wouldn’t be thrown into the fray! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Given that Barkley is much younger and was far more effective in his start, it would be hard to imagine Mc'dermott preferring Derek Anderson.

Maybe as a qb coach or some type of offensive quality control assistant

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Yeah after Fosters TD, Barkley was on the sideline smiling and chatting it up w everyone.  Seems like a good teammate for sure 

• Like (+1) 5

Barkley letting it fly on that first play against the Jets, was the turning point of Robert Fosters career. Without that play, who knows where he is? Barkley showed me that Dabol isn’t the problem and it also got Peterman cut. He might have helped us discover McKenzie and Foster. I’m all about Barkley being back. If he has to play we will be in good shape.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

I'd love it if we sign Barkley for 2-3 years @ 5m per. He'd be our Foles (who is having a great game vs Rams tonight)

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Not with Josh Johnson, Mark Sanchez and Cody Kessler out there .

54 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I'd love it if we sign Barkley for 2-3 years @ 5m per. He'd be our Foles (who is having a great game vs Rams tonight)

$5m? that seems high. He's never been a very good NFL QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Way better than having the defeated, glum look of that supposedly great guy Peterman on the sidelines.

My coach used to say that if you're not in the game, your role is to be a cheerleader.

Maybe they don't teach that anymore?

22 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Not with Josh Johnson, Mark Sanchez and Cody Kessler out there .

$5m? that seems high. He's never been a very good NFL QB.

They gave McCarron 5m per. . It's the going rate for a top notch backup who could be a starter. And it would keep him here for the foreseeable future.

• Like (+1) 2

Thumbs up to Matt Barkley.  We may want our backup to be more mobile so we can continue to run our offense if Allen gets hurt, but I like Barkley

• Like (+1) 1

The team obviously loves Barkley too.  In McDermott's speech, he says "where's our 260 lb. QB" and someone yells "yeah Barkley" and the whole team chuckled.  That's a good sign that Barkley is all in.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Anderson is gone. There is no way Barkley doesn't get the backup nod for next year. Matt is young and smart and has just enough arm to make most throws. 

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

They gave McCarron 5m per. . It's the going rate for a top notch backup who could be a starter. And it would keep him here for the foreseeable future.

McCarron was signed to be the starter. Barkley might be an ok backup, But there is a reason he was out of football. Happy to keep him for next year at much less than $5M

3 hours ago, Doc said:

It would be difficult for him to get a starting job in the league.

I think it would be great for the Bills to sign him to a 2-3 year deal.

• Like (+1) 1