SNF: Eagles at Rams

whatdrought

8 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Jaguars should be chasing Foles.. he is quality...

He is the textbook definition of a system quarterback.  He thrives in an Andy Reid system for whatever reason. 

Pedestrian in any other system.  

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Bad memories. Do you pull for either LA team being out there? Obviously you're a Bills fan but excluding that allegiance. 

No. The only time I ever pull for another team is when they're either playing divisional foes or I have them in a pool or bet.

I really like Philip Rivers, and would like to see him get a ring, but otherwise their fan bases are casual at best. Yes, they have some die hards, but nothing like fans for Bills, Steelers, Browns, etc, mostly because they have so many teams in all the other major sports...if you ain't winning, you ain't getting the local love.

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

No. The only time I ever pull for another team is when they're either playing divisional foes or I have them in a pool or bet.

I really like Philip Rivers, and would like to see him get a ring, but otherwise their fan bases are casual at best. Yes, they have some die hards, but nothing like fans for Bills, Steelers, Browns, etc, mostly because they have so many teams in all the other major sports...if you ain't winning, you ain't getting the local love.

Not to mention nice weather nearly every freaking day.

If I lived in the Peoples' Republic of California, one of the last things I'd be doing would be sitting at home watching TV.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dpberr said:

He is the textbook definition of a system quarterback.  He thrives in an Andy Reid system for whatever reason. 

Pedestrian in any other system.  

Jags should look at getting Foles and an Andy Reid system then..their defense should rebound. 

15 hours ago, CoachT said:

I wish we kept Woods. One of the most under-rated players in the league. 

Also that was 4 down territory .. Should have went for the TD

Yeah, I definitely would've liked to see Woods stick around. I do believe the Bills offered him a deal but he wanted to test free agency and was fortunate enough to be wanted by his hometown team. Also can't blame him for wanting to go to a team that throws the ball more. Bills have ranked last in passing attempts every year since 2015 I think. Most receivers don't want any part of a run-first team.

2 hours ago, prissythecat said:

This is an interesting thought . So should the Eagles trade Wentz to get some draft Capital to shore up their team ?

Can you imagine the controversy if Foles pulls off another miracle Super Bowl run?  

I was at the game last night...kind of miraculously considering we got in a bad car wreck in our Uber 5 min from the stadium lol.  Had to take a Lyft from there and then both of us just limped into the stadium lol.  

I am a Ram fan second to the Bills.  So I watch all their games as it works great with Bills almost always on at 10am here and Rams 1pm or primetime games.  I said this when it happened, and I am saying it again now....Rams and Goff were going to miss Kupp a lot.  

If you swapped Goff to the Bills team right now, he would struggle a lot and would not even remotely look like the same guy.  There is a certain toughness he just doesn't have and once you start hitting him he gets rattled.  He made a lot of inaccurate and bad passes, far more in one game than any game Allen has played.  He did the same thing in Chicago, just missed a ton of passes to open guys.  

Without Kupp, his other guys are seeing tighter coverage and he also doesn't have that extra security blanket.  He previously avoided a lot of big hits because he had so many places to go with the ball and defenses struggled to cover them all.  Now, with the coverage tighter and missing one of his safety nets, he is taking a lot more hits and getting rattled.  They are still a threat to win it, but I have a hard time seeing how they get past a Chicago or even Dallas in the playoffs if they can keep pressuring him like this.  Its serious gut check time for the Rams because this happened last year in the playoffs and the Rams offense sputtered and got bounced early.  Their D is NOT good enough to make up for the offense if they aren't getting the job done.

Personally, I think that is one of the things that makes Allen so special, he is tough as nails and the ultimate competitor.  That alone doesn't make you a great QB, but all the greats had it and its not something I have seen from Goff yet.  Right now, the two most talked about young QBs are Goff and Mahomes.  Mahomes seems to have that fire and killer instinct that guys like Rodgers, Luck, Brady, etc have.  They can take that big hit or make a mistake and just use it as fuel to keep coming and shake it off like they never happened.  Goff so far has that Matt Ryan like demeanor...lots of talent but just not a killer and if you rough him up it can really throw off his rhythm.

Im still bullish on Goff, but he is going to need to figure out to take his lumps and not get off his game.  

Edited by Alphadawg7