Lions fans!

Chicharito

Anyone that attended today’s game witnessed an over load of lions fans! Thank you lions fans from what I witnessed today as a brought my son to his first regular season game (he’s 7) today for his birthday you guys were classy all the way around . High fiveing and one guy actually bought my son a box of skittles. I usually dread every game knowing that the guy who owns the 10 seats next to mine seems to only sell to opposing team fans. Section 121. So my hat goes off to all you lions fans that we encountered today in the stadium and in the parking lot. Good luck the rest of the way.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

Anyone that attended today’s game witnessed an over load of lions fans! Thank you lions fans from what I witnessed today as a brought my son to his first regular season game (he’s 7) today for his birthday you guys were classy all the way around . High fiveing and one guy actually bought my son a box of skittles. I usually dread every game knowing that the guy who owns the 10 seats next to mine seems to only sell to opposing team fans. Section 121. So my hat goes off to all you lions fans that we encountered today in the stadium and in the parking lot. Good luck the rest of the way.

I did notice some pretty loud booing on calls against the Lions.

Nice to hear!

I was at the Bears game several weeks back and I must say, they were also pretty cool. One of them in the Hammer Lot gave me a huge swig from his bottle of Patrón right after the ketchup ceremony, I thing I ended up drinking like a quarter of the bottle ?

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I did notice some pretty loud booing on calls against the Lions.

And cheering when they scored.  It was loud.  Never would have pegged them to be a fan base that travels well (can't imagine there's a ton of fans locally?)

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

And cheering when they scored.  It was loud.  Never would have pegged them to be a fan base that travels well (can't imagine there's a ton of fans locally?)

Detroit is across the bridge from Windsor, Ontario.  Probably a lot of fans came from Canada. Only 4-5 hours from Detroit to Buffalo if you cut through Canada.

Lions fans cheering caught me off guard a few times on their good plays.  Didn’t expect it to be that loud.

Had a bunch of Lions fans in my section.  A lot of good natured ribbing back and forth, even high fiving after the game.  Most well mannered opposing fans I’ve seen.  Worst has to be Steelers fans by far.

• Haha (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Chicharito said:

All sporting events are always more enjoyable when they are experienced with fans that share mutual love for the game and atmosphere. 

Glad to hear of your pleasant experience at the game with your son. Doesn't get any better than taking in your first game with Dad and coming away with a win and a great memory.?

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Lions fans cheering caught me off guard a few times on their good plays.  Didn’t expect it to be that loud.

Had a bunch of Lions fans in my section.  A lot of good natured ribbing back and forth, even high fiving after the game.  Most well mannered opposing fans I’ve seen.  Worst has to be Steelers fans by far.

Met a guy who was a friend of the Rooney’s buying a Mercedes Benz antique off my father.  Good natured throughout and said Bills fans were the best he’d ever met.  Worst fans he’d ever met were of course New England fans.  Before, they started winning they were just joking about how it was agony traveling to watch them lose.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, purple haze said:

Detroit is across the bridge from Windsor, Ontario.  Probably a lot of fans came from Canada. Only 4-5 hours from Detroit to Buffalo if you cut through Canada.

I wonder what customs would say to you if you told them you were just driving thru Canada to go to Buffalo. Would they care? I guess not if you paid the tolls. 

Detroit is relatively easy drive from Buffalo, if you cut through Ontario that is. It’s closer than most would think, and it is a shorter drive than any team in our division. I think the only teams closer to Buffalo are the Steelers and Browns. So this would partially explain the good turn out. 

I am sure they get plenty of people crossing the border on game day. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Idandria said:

I wonder what customs would say to you if you told them you were just driving thru Canada to go to Buffalo. Would they care? I guess not if you paid the tolls. 

I knew people who would drive from Niagara to Ottawa and cut through the US to do it, or some that when driving out east or west would do it , apparently it does save some time. They dont usually care because I think it's well known and people do it alot.

As for the fans, they dont really have a beef against each other being in separate conferences so it's not like it's a heated rivalry. And in my experience in the past, the jerks/a hole fans were usually the heavily drunk Bills fans harassing the opposing teams fans for being in their building. They usually start picking the fights when they get frustrated the Bill's were losing, throw beer or food at them, or insult them and call them things while taunting them if their team is losing. Most visiting team fans that I have seen have been pretty well behaved, outside of a few that may get smug if they were winning, because they know they are outnumbered and around another fanbase who may not take things lightly if they start getting in others faces.

12 hours ago, stevewin said:

It might have to do with the "shortness" of the trip, I'm guessing cheaper tickets in Buffalo, and a lot of Bills fans staying home to watch on TV.  Kind of like Leaf and Canadien fans at Sabres games.

Edited by WhyteDwarf