Ponder This For a Moment.... (AFC East Champs)

I'm not normally a "woulda-coulda-shoulda" kind of guy, and this will clearly be classified as such, but let's think about just how close we actually came to earning the AFC East Division crown this year. Here me out: Our current record is 5-9. The Patriots are 9-5. If we beat the Texans, like we should have, that's 6-8. If Clay catches the damn ball in the endzone, we beat Miami. That's 7-7. We had controlled most of the New England game, only to fall apart in the 4th. If Josh starts and we had made some better personnel choices earlier in the season (Benjamin, Teller, Foster, McKenzie, etc.) we win that game. Now 8-6. That also meant New England would be 8-6, with Buffalo owning the tie-breaker.

We would go into New England next week and be fighting for the division crown for the first time in years. I'm really liking the direction of this team. Josh is the real deal. Get him some help and next year we WILL be earning that crown!!

Like I said, something to ponder.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ceteris Paribus effect.

Who knows what would have happened if we would have beaten the Texans like we shiuld have.  Might have lost our next five straight.

Also, if the Titans and Lions kicking units were a little better against us, we could just as easily be 3-11 right now ;)

• Thank you (+1) 1

yea it's interesting.  NE is finally hitting that wall. Gronk is done imo. Brady is starting to show his age,slowly and most importantly,  they have drafted very poorly.

But i feel the injury was a blessing in disguise for Allen . So i'm not to bothered by our record..Next year we'll be legit contenders,  and I'll def be putting my money where my mouth is.