Kyle Shanahan seems like a great coach for young Quarterbacks. Anything in the water in San Fran we can take advantage of for JA?

Bing Bong

I was initially going to post about going after the 49ers OC but it looks like Kyle Shanahan has been running the show with duel duties. 

He overacheived with Garappolo (IMO). Got another setback this year and has over acheived with Nick Meullins (who I think has a future in the NFL somewhere). Like I said I wanted to post to see what we could get out of whoever is making the QB friendly system in San Fran work.. but if it's Kyle Shanahan all the way I don't see an option.

But if y'all know somebody from there that we can bring into Buffalo as a QB or OC candidate.. there's something in the water in San Fran. 

I'd like Mullins at some point in Buffalo as a backup as well but that's daydreaming. They'd obviously be best served with the 2 younguns given Garrappolo's injury history. Barks is my boy going forward for that spot. But I wouldn't be surprised if Mullins is getting traded to start somewhere or is signed to be a starter at some point in his career. Great win against the Hawks.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

7 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

The offense looks pretty good (modern, innovative, pass oriented) not sure we need to replace Daboll. We need to upgrade the TALENT and then we can properly evaluate. 

Sure. But so does the 49ers. Daboll looked so lackluster today it feels often like Allen may be winning in spite of Daboll but maybe it's the other way around (or they're both overachieving in spite of the rest of the offense.. easier answer)

Kyle Shanahan is a true offense whisperer though. Ryans MVP year, Garrappolo's breakout, Beathard, Mullins. Great resume so far.

Regardless I want Allen with the best QB coach and QB friendly OC possible. Maybe we have it. I like what I see out of San Fran though.

Who is our QB coach? Do we like him?

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

I’m not a big fan of shanahan but I’ll give credit where credit is due.. What he’s done with that team this year is pretty amazing. I didn’t think they could win more than 1-2 games without jimmy g but he has that offense running quite well with very little proven talent. Next man up over there continue to make play after play 

11 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Sure. But so does the 49ers. Daboll looked so lackluster today it feels often like Allen may be winning in spite of Daboll but maybe it's the other way around (or they're both overachieving in spite of the rest of the offense.. easier answer)

Kyle Shanahan is a true offense whisperer though. Ryans MVP year, Garrappolo's breakout, Beathard, Mullins. Great resume so far.

Regardless I want Allen with the best QB coach and QB friendly OC possible. Maybe we have it. I like what I see out of San Fran though.

Who is our QB coach? Do we like him?

I don't agree Daboll was lacklustre yesterday. Got a bit bomb happy in the 3rd Quarter but otherwise I thought he called a really nice game. Good to see the Bills actually run out a clock for once rather than giving the opponents one more shot.

Whatever Daboll and Culley are doing with Josh Allen is working OK.  This was a kid that many thought would bust, and then said he needs to sit for a year.  He's still young and has much yet to learn, but he's winning some games, and doing it with a weak supporting cast.  The NFL game is definitely not too big for Josh Allen, and some credit at least should go to Daboll/Culley.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 1