McDermott’s locker room speech after the win

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That's awesome the way they had Milano on Face Time or whatever to break the team down.

I'm so excited about next year already!

Actually, I'm still excited about potentially beating 2 divisional opponents in meaningful games in the next 2 weeks.

That was nice but what I really liked was how the team seemed to light up when that happened.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That is what was so intersting about today’s game.

The teams energy, the fans noise, head coaches speech and player reactions after the game.

you woudl think it was a good team beating another good team while getting ready for the playoffs.

not sure if I’d call it embarrassing delusional or proudly encouraging.  Probably somewhere in the middle.

16 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

It's stuff like this that reinforces my belief that coaches rarely (if ever) go into tank mode.

Coaches are the first people to blame and fire for losing, regardless of tanking or not. They simply cannot afford to tank. After a tank they are usually fired and replaced. Tanking comes from the GM and up. They gut the team of high priced talent. Coaches and players give it their all.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The teams energy, the fans noise, head coaches speech and player reactions after the game.

you woudl think it was a good team beating another good team while getting ready for the playoffs.

not sure if I’d call it embarrassing delusional or proudly encouraging.  Probably somewhere in the middle.

Seems like they sold them on playing for the team of next year.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

It's encouraging, for sure. 

To me, once you have your QB, there's no such thing as tanking anymore. It's important to start establishing a winning culture...by winning. I think it does make a difference if we finish the year out strong, not only for the players here but to try to become a somewhat attractive free agent destination. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

When McDermott says "where's our 260 lb. QB" did you hear someone yell "yeah Barkley"?  The whole team got a chuckle out of that.  These young guys are awesome.  Good mix of young guys and vets.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

No, definitely not that. It’s a team finding itself on the fly while weathering the storm that has been this season...in other words, it’s the process of building a culture from the ground up. Yes, definitely proudly encouraging! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Awesome.

Hopefully they win more as well. 

Those sorts of trend lines tend to merge well I would argue...I’m more than cautiously optimistic that we are discovering our franchise QB growing up before our eyes under extremely difficult conditions, to pay dividends quickly. 

McD showed me something by allowing Josh to throw the ball (big play to Croom) and then going for 4th to ice the win at the end.  That was a big step forward in gameday coaching for McCoach, and shows he is starting to trust Josh.