Week 16: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Charles Clay, Chris Ivory, and Ray Ray McCloud Out

26CornerBlitz

21 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He's easily the biggest cheap-shot artist in the league, and yes, that includes Burfict.

He's the poster child for the NE-can-do-whatever-they-want theorists.

He'll talk smack and taunt after EVERY play, and never get flagged, but if any opponent dare return the favor, you can be sure a 15-yarder is coming.

It's shameful. 

Maybe @Chris66, @PatsFanNH, @Cmdjr85, or one of our other resident Pats fans can explain why this chronic a-hole behavior is acceptable, but Jerry Hughes can't smack Corbin Bryant--his own teammate--on the head after a TFL without being flagged for 15 yards 

..."paging Mr. Edmunds....we have an assignment for you"..........................

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 16: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 16: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Charles Clay, Chris Ivory, and Ray Ray McCloud Out
1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There is literally no reason for Ray Ray Mcloud to be on this roster. Both of those new WRs are active today? Just get rid of Ray Ray and stop wasting the spot.

They won't and shouldn't. He should get a shot in camp next year as a 2nd year late round pick who costs next to nothing. 

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They won't and shouldn't. He should get a shot in camp next year as a 2nd year late round pick who costs next to nothing. 

Why bother? They brought in 2 guys to do what he should be doing midway through the season. If there is 1 coach that wants to see what the young guys have and will give rookies a look, it’s Mcd. If he’s inactive today and 2 WRs that have bee here for less then 2 weeks are active...the guys getting cut

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why bother? They brought in 2 guys to do what he should be doing midway through the season. If there is 1 coach that wants to see what the young guys have and will give rookies a look, it’s Mcd. If he’s inactive today and 2 WRs that have bee here for less then 2 weeks are active...the guys getting cut

Because the roster is pretty big during training camp.  There is no reason they cant give him a look.  They cant rebuild the entire offense in one season, so some sucky guys are bound to be on the roster.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Competition. It's not like the guy can't improve from year 1 to 2 as young players often do. 

...just seems strange that Pats would be boxing themselves into a corner with all of their eggs in the 41 year old Brady Basket......sure he's been headed for "six feet under" for the last 5+ years.....but Hoyer behind him?.....draft Jimmy G and Jacoby and let them both walk?....are they exempt from the proverbial "future franchise QB"?......isn't Bflo a prime example about where you're headed WITHOUT one?.....fine by me.......it's a BB and Kraft problem.......again, just seems strange......

3 minutes ago, KW95 said:

I think it would be fitting if the Patriots win the SB this year and BB and Brady both retire.  They earned this and deserve it! ?

Personally, I prefer the old Hays code movies where the bad guys end up dead or in jail.

38 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just seems strange that Pats would be boxing themselves into a corner with all of their eggs in the 41 year old Brady Basket......sure he's been headed for "six feet under" for the last 5+ years.....but Hoyer behind him?.....draft Jimmy G and Jacoby and let them both walk?....are they exempt from the proverbial "future franchise QB"?......isn't Bflo a prime example about where you're headed WITHOUT one?.....fine by me.......it's a BB and Kraft problem.......again, just seems strange......

Remember the “expose” article last year with anonymous sources inside the Pats locker room? It all comes down to track records, egos and infighting, between Tawmmy, Billy and Bobby. 

And I still think the mysterious reason for Malcolm Butler’s benching in the SB last year was Grumbledore’s punishment for being that anonymous source. 

11 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Remember the “expose” article last year with anonymous sources inside the Pats locker room? It all comes down to track records, egos and infighting, between Tawmmy, Billy and Bobby. 

And I still think the mysterious reason for Malcolm Butler’s benching in the SB last year was Grumbledore’s punishment for being that anonymous source. 

....good call bud.....sure as hell doesn't sound like Foxboro's version of "Happy Valley".....FINALLY............

6 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He's easily the biggest cheap-shot artist in the league, and yes, that includes Burfict.

He's the poster child for the NE-can-do-whatever-they-want theorists.

He'll talk smack and taunt after EVERY play, and never get flagged, but if any opponent dare return the favor, you can be sure a 15-yarder is coming.

It's shameful. 

Maybe @Chris66, @PatsFanNH, @Cmdjr85, or one of our other resident Pats fans can explain why this chronic a-hole behavior is acceptable, but Jerry Hughes can't smack Corbin Bryant--his own teammate--on the head after a TFL without being flagged for 15 yards 

Reputation! I know Bills fans won’t want hear it but Hughes known for stupid dumb antics while Edelman isn’t.  I’m not saying it’s right or wrong just how the perception is..