Jags in 2019

Dadonkadonk

23 minutes ago, BlueandRed said:

Is this a joke? TT is finished.  They can’t afford Flacco.  Coughlin is like 90 years old, no way he wants to be the HC. 

Injuries have hampered the Jags this year. 

And the ridiculous continued faith in Bortles. And the stubbornness and general buffoonery of Marrone. And the apparent rampant lack of discipline (Fournette throwing punches,  Ramsey's mouth, etc.)

The Jags suck. They peaked last year.

14 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

This is a bills forum right? There should be a sub forum for around the NFL threads.

I don't care about the jagoffs 

Eh, with Marrone quitting on us, playing them in the playoffs, and then the brawl we had with them this season, they are sort of a rival but I get your point. 

they have the highest active roster in the league by a big margin, 60 mil more than Buf. i believe they're projected to be over the cap by 25 mil next year , so they have to make major roster adjustments . Theyve drafted very poor since Marrone/Coughlin. They'll be rebuilding next year 

1 hour ago, BlueandRed said:

Is this a joke? TT is finished.  They can’t afford Flacco.  Coughlin is like 90 years old, no way he wants to be the HC. 

Injuries have hampered the Jags this year. 

I don't think it was a joke. The reason Coughlin signed up was he knew if St. Doug blew it the job would be his. I believe his plan is about to come to fruition. TT is a joke though and I would think you're right about Flacco but I would be more shocked if Coughlin doesn't put himself into that role.

1 hour ago, beerme1 said:

I don't think it was a joke. The reason Coughlin signed up was he knew if St. Doug blew it the job would be his. I believe his plan is about to come to fruition. TT is a joke though and I would think you're right about Flacco but I would be more shocked if Coughlin doesn't put himself into that role.

And the Jag's plot thickens-----Coughlin & Eli in 2019 ?

3 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

New coach. Top 5 draft pick. New QB.

Flacco or TT, Coughlin as HC, and a top 5 pick. They could take top QB (in my opinion too high) or trade down a few spots and take the top O-lineman. 

Flacco or TT will be an instant upgrade over Bortles. They protect the football. Flacco probably has more passing upside but TT protects the ball even more and has more athletic ability.

They will be a last to first team next year.

So happy to see Marrone flame out.

Flacco has never been anything more than average during the regular season. He has turned in some amazing postseason superman like performances but during the year he is meh...

I see them going outside the box and rolling with Bo Levi Mitchell and another FA QB for next year instead of drafting, especially with this subpar qb class. Very Coughlin thing to bring a guy from a different league.

Jags are the 3rd team to work him out in a week so there’s definetly a lot of interest in the Grey Cup Champion.

Edited by mozillameister

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 8:06 PM, Mrbojanglezs said:

This is a bills forum right? There should be a sub forum for around the NFL threads.

I don't care about the jagoffs 

to many the Jags are the top rivalry of the Bills, apparently

3 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Ideal landing spot for Tyrod would be in Baltimore backing up Lamar Jackson. Taylor's best years were under Roman and would probably be the best fit for him as they wouldn't have to change their offense much if Jackson goes down.

Is that good thing or a bad thing?  Often the back up comes in and if a totally different type of QB he has some success as the defense hasn't planned for this style of attack.

On 12/16/2018 at 7:53 PM, Dadonkadonk said:

New coach. Top 5 draft pick. New QB.

Flacco or TT, Coughlin as HC, and a top 5 pick. They could take top QB (in my opinion too high) or trade down a few spots and take the top O-lineman. 

Flacco or TT will be an instant upgrade over Bortles. They protect the football. Flacco probably has more passing upside but TT protects the ball even more and has more athletic ability.

They will be a last to first team next year.

So happy to see Marrone flame out.

New coach ?  If the Jags  wanted one ,  Marrone would have been canned already .  He gets one more year to work with the team at this point .