OLine looked good today!?

Bakin

If we draft a stud LT & switch Dawkins to the RT position i hope he does better than he did in his rookie year on that side he didn't look real good there if i don't misremember . Given the options in FA & the draft i think we could see a big difference & a lot bigger one if McD realizes a new O line coach is in need !! 

15 hours ago, Bakin said:

Other than a few stupid penalties, was it my imagination or did the line look fierce today?  Gave Josh a lot of time back there??

and this Ford kid looked good n shifty!

I suspect the lions were not rushing 100% in an effort to contain Josh.  His running ability is going to get in a lot of DC's heads.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Wait until the pissed off pats get em next week.

Whose side are you on?? Part of being a fan is holding out hope for fairy tale endings! One that is at least in the realm of possibility this time around! ?

15 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Who did the play again the lowly lions. Will see next week

The same lowly Lions who already dispatched the Pats...got it!

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You could see on many occasions where the guys coming off the edge would slow down a lot once they engaged with our tackles.  They wanted to keep Allen in the pocket.

I'll take the time to throw however I can get it, right?

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

They did OK in both run and pass block. OK was the average, in that they dominated some plays and got abused in others. A little strange.

Still, we should rejoice at the glimpse of the future: on that TD pass, Josh had all day to throw, perfect pocket and line of sight. Add 2 good Olinemen through FA, a few WRs through draft picks,  and the Bills O will be awesome to see!

17 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

As the season has gone on I’ve been less and less pleased with Dawkins. Seems less capable this season than last at LT

17 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Agreed. He is far from elite. But he is serviceable at LT. He is not the answer at RT. Mills if the worst of the 5 would be ok at RT if they upgrade center and RG. No one knows if Dawkins can play LG. Teller looks no better than Miller/Ducasse but he is young/strong/raw.

The o-line is a total mess and has been completely botched by McBeane.  Only WR is worse. 

To be fair he was never really drafted to be our LT and never really played the position in college. He was more of a mobile power pulling guard and I would still like to see him in that role. He's absolutely been serviceable as an LT, but if we want a stout line protecting Allen for the future, I agree we could likely do better at the LT position and maximize Dawkins ability in the interior. I'd be curious to see what he could do at RT as well should we need to replace the Mills turnstile, and certainly with the Tackles available in FA vs. the draft - it's likely we draft a Tackle and address the interior in FA, given where the FA talent is falling this year for OL. 

For now though, Dawkins has shown that he can be successful in the league at LT, but shows more to say that he is a guy we can have along the line in years to come wherever he ends up fitting in. I really wouldn't mind seeing him line up at RG with Teller opposite if we manage to address Center and LT/RT in FA and the draft, and miss out on the guards in FA.

17 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

The Lions played a spy on Josh all day which allowed a bit of extra time (a nice luxury to have for us!), but the line did a good job executing nonetheless!

This. The Lions played coverage and tried to spy Allen. 

The Jets sent pressure and embarassed our O-line but also failed to hem JA in, hence his 100-yard rushing game. It is an interesting catch-22 for defenses that will only intensify as he gets more weapons.

17 hours ago, Bakin said:

Other than a few stupid penalties, was it my imagination or did the line look fierce today?  Gave Josh a lot of time back there??

and this Ford kid looked good n shifty!

I dont think they looked good.  I think they were better than before, but guys like Mills got abused multiple times.  The biggest difference was how hard the Lions were spying on Josh and preventing the damage on the run.  They mostly just rushed 4 and sometimes just 3.  Yet even then they didn't always hold up. 

Our OL needs to be majorly overhauled as much as our WR group still.  Teller and Dion are the only two right now I think could start on this line next year.  We need 2 to 3 new starters easily.  And Dion is living off last years potential, not this years performance and Teller has shown flashes of being a starter while also showing flashes of not being one too. No way we find 5 new starters, so those two I think are mostly likely going to be starting next year and hope they stabilize their play with better talent around them.  

Some plays the Lions barely rushed. Most if not all plays they used one of their rushers as a spy to stop Josh's rushing. They rushed three on a bunch of plays and two on one play. The reason he had time is solely because they feared his running and bet that he couldn't beat them from the pocket. They wuz wrong. Josh even said it himself after the game.