Robert Foster since he came back on pace for 1400+ yards over a 16 game season...

Big Turk

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

An unlikely turnaround. Hoping to see the Allen and Foster connection for many years.

Told my brother today that I hope Allen to Foster is the next Kelly to Reed for the next decade.

Foster has been a huge surprise. Every now and then a team scores on an undrafted or late-round gem who just took a little longer to develop than most guys. I hope that's Foster. He and Allen certainly seem to have a great chemistry. 

And was it just me or did today's TD catch look similar to the bomb vs. Jacksonville? Looked like the same route and Foster caught it almost the exact same way. 

Allen also had his pick of open guys on that play. Zay flew up the seam and his defender fell down so Zay was ridiculously open. Allen had already zeroed in on Foster though and laid out a perfect ball. 

Gah. I cannot wait to watch this team with some more playmakers and better OL play. With the equivalent of a JV squad around him, Allen still has the ability to get it done. He's been surrounded by average to below average players from Wyoming til now and he has at least one or two plays a game that make you sit up and say, "Whoa, how the hell...?" Immense talent. Just keep refining it, surround him with some legit playmakers and watch this kid set the league on fire.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I still don’t really trust his hands or ball tracking at the moment but he’s so freaking fast and is able to stop on a dime that he’s a really tough cover for anyone 1 on 1 right now. He and Levi were the two undrafted guys that I was at least moderately excited about. Both have looked good so far. 

I don't trust his hands either but he could develop into a solid contributor on offense. I would be very happy if he developed into a #2 next year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Could be that that skill was always there, and it just took some soul searching to get over the bigness of the moments and do the job.

Foster and McKenzie should give us a lot of hope moving forward that our staff can find guys to make plays on offense. (which was definitely a concern a few months ago.)

Yeah, with Foster, another starting WR, and McKenzie and Jones in the slot, that's the makings of a really good WR corps.  Now they just need to find the OL and another starting WR.

He and McKenzie have been great.  To the point where WR is no longer a top 2 need.  I'd still like to see a big jump ball receiver.  A guy like say Mike Evans.  When Allen scrambles and heaves it up to a guy who is covered, but will still be able to jump up and compete for the ball.  Someone with a big catch radius to haul in some inaccurate passes.  Man that would really compliment our team so we'll. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, peterpan said:

He and McKenzie have been great.  To the point where WR is no longer a top 2 need.  I'd still like to see a big jump ball receiver.  A guy like say Mike Evans.  When Allen scrambles and heaves it up to a guy who is covered, but will still be able to jump up and compete for the ball.  Someone with a big catch radius to haul in some inaccurate passes.  Man that would really compliment our team so we'll. 

Foster is basically the deep and 15-20 yard hitch threat and McKenzie is the short-intermediate threat...Daboll has done a very nice job working them into the offense and utilizing their abilities

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I still have no idea how he improved his hands and track so much.  You almost never see that.

When I saw him at training camp 3 consecutive practices I posted he looked like the best receiver on the field each day.  So smooth and fast and was catching everything.   It was obvious he had physical tools and skill.  He had a few bad plays to start the season and people went nuclear - I don't think they would have if they saw what I saw at camp.  

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, mannc said:

Someone should be fired for cutting him earlier in the year.?

I wanted him cut right after one of the preseason games where it just looked like he had no heart to finish a route. Glad he is coming back to prove me wrong.

I've seen others post that we have nothing on this years team but there has been a couple of bright spots that can be carried into next year & i think Foster could have a good role in that future ! I hope if they get some other talent they don't just forget about him when it comes to looking for him on the field but i think Josh won't let that happen !! 

Id be happy going out and getting julio jones for WR, and patrick peterson for CB if they are available at not quite our first pick.

front loaded contracts to soak up our extra cap during our youth movement.  we need to draft some big guys, DE, OG, OT, and TE (unless there is an FA available for those).  

Foster gives us hope, but i think a big part of it is our OC knows him very well, and Josh Allen doesn't trust his other WRs, so he gets the focus.