The Lions chose to go after Tre White

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Golloday is a top WR in the league, I'm not sure throwing to him is the same as targeting White.

he’s a good player but I’m not sure he’s considered a top WR in the league. Whatever he is, they had not been throwing to him until today which is the whole reason for my question  

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That makes sense... is he better as a zone corner? Just throwing this out there...

Yes he is. Doesn't mean he can't play man. He can. But he definitely a better zone corner than man corner. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We should not be worrying about Tre though. Not at all. He has had 3 struggles this year - Keenan Allen, Robby Anderson and then Golloday today. Those guys are all serious players. One is a proven #1 and the other two are talented young receivers who can be #1s. 

Tre is a top 10 corner. I think you can argue where you rank him within that and I do think the talk of him as the best in the league was premature and said as much. But he is gonna be really good for a very long time. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Tre has been in the right position both this week and last, for whatever reason he just hasn't been making plays on the ball.

true and also in his defense,  the WR have made really tough catches against him. Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to the offense , a great pass n catch beat great coverage 

4 hours ago, Big C said:

Tre has been in the right position both this week and last, for whatever reason he just hasn't been making plays on the ball.

Yeah its pretty crazy, when he gets beat its basically on perfect throws and great plays by the WR combined with lack of him just making a play on the ball because he is literally in their hip pocket in perfect position. 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I should mention that Golloday made great plays .... not saying it was white’s fault really. Just wondering why they looked at that matchup and thought, yup this is the week we start using Golloday! 

Golladay is already closing in on 1000 yards. He's been a beast all season. 

4 hours ago, Big C said:

This is what confuses me.  I remember watching McKelvin cover guys like glue, but he'd never turn around and look for the ball.  Tre White is covering guys like glue AND turning around, but he's still getting smoked.  I'm sure he'll figure it out and I'm glad he's on our team.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Must have been a slow drip. He did nothing in fantasy. 

You shouldn't be starting Lions in fantasy. He's a second year player out of the MAC becoming an NFL elite player before our eyes. This isn't the first or the last time he'll beat an elite CB. He'll be a top 10 guy next season if the lions can figure out what the hell they're doing.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Woods is a very very good player. He plays on a team with a disgusting amount of weapons and still gets his. This argument doesn't help your case

There’s 32 NFL teams and Golladay is #22 in yards. How bout that?

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Bob Woods was the best WR on the Bills during his entire tenure in Buffalo.  He certainly is a top WR.

Best WR in Buffalo doesn’t make him AJ Green.

And I love Woods.

Edited by BringBackOrton