The Lions chose to go after Tre White

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

There’s 32 NFL teams and Golladay is #22 in yards. How bout that?

Best WR in Buffalo doesn’t make him AJ Green.

And I love Woods.

You must've missed the part where he plays for the lions who consequently rank #22 in Passing - go figure. Believe what you want, your take is bad now and it will look ridiculous with age.

4 minutes ago, papazoid said:

I say tre is injured and hiding it

something is off

I think you’re right and that it could be a leg issue. I see him biting harder on nice WR cuts and getting out of position more than usual, like he’s worried about getting burned so he overcommits. He seems to be giving larger cushions too. Might explain his lack of ups during contested throws the past couple weeks too. Maybe all his time at the goalie academy is wearing on his ankles???

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You shouldn't be starting Lions in fantasy. He's a second year player out of the MAC becoming an NFL elite player before our eyes. This isn't the first or the last time he'll beat an elite CB. He'll be a top 10 guy next season if the lions can figure out what the hell they're doing.

I actually didn’t start him at all this year. He was on my bench the whole season, still could see his points 

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The Lions did target White, and they were successful.

White was beat today, but he wasn't toasted.

Golladay had the upper hand, literally.

When it was over, the Lions had 13 points and the Bills got the win.

You take those facts somewhere else, mister!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

This is what confuses me.  I remember watching McKelvin cover guys like glue, but he'd never turn around and look for the ball.  Tre White is covering guys like glue AND turning around, but he's still getting smoked.  I'm sure he'll figure it out and I'm glad he's on our team.

@Gugny is Jerry Sullivan

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I find that interesting. I was listening to some fantasy football shows this weekend and they were talking about how Golladay is now their #1 WR but hasn’t really been targeted much or been productive. Now, he’s lined up vs White who’s supposed to be one of the better CBs in the league (which I agree with) and they go right to Golloday multiple times with great success. He definitely “ate off the Tre” so to speak. I know White didn’t have a great game vs Robby Anderson either but just found it odd they would choose to finally chuck it up to Golladay when he was lined up vs Tre White 

edit: Golladay is on my fantasy team which was why I was kind of following his production and he had really done nothing since Tate left 

White has been picked on the last few weeks hopefully he can overcome this or he will a third corner.

Golladay is a beast , would love to have him.

8 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Whites lack of ball skills showed today 

he has great ball skills but his lack of size and speed is a problem and was a concern to me at the draft. Thought McD's D helped him out but now he might be getting exposed. Hopefully he can get it figured out, dont want to be drafting corners all day.

He made some very contested catches, like a true #1 receiver should. White is a great cover guy, but doesn't play the ball well. He plays the man. That works most of the time, but when you have a QB with a big arm and a WR who can make contested catches, he can obviously be victimized.

He's a young player. He still has a lot to learn.

• Like (+1) 2

There is a unfair expectation of players by fans.  All DBs give up plays...Deion did, Revis did, etc etc.  100% of them do.  

A DB can only do so much.  If the ball is placed in the right place there is 0% chance they can prevent the completion without committing a penalty.  All a DB can do is try and blanket the coverage and hope the throw is to a place he can get to it.  

Tre wasn’t getting torched, Golladay made some amazing catches in some tight coverage.  It happens, I mean Stevie Johnson even had success against Revis and he wasn’t a very good WR.  

I dont think they chose to go “at Tre”, it was probably more they wanted to get Golladay more involved and had some one on one man matchups and gave him a chance to make a play.  I seriously doubt they were throwing to Golladay to “attack” Tre.  

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I should mention that Golloday made great plays .... not saying it was white’s fault really. Just wondering why they looked at that matchup and thought, yup this is the week we start using Golloday! 

Golladay is a beast. He’s going to give a lot of corners trouble in the future.

9 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

He did pretty well vs Hopkins but the Bills got great pressure  vs that OL. They haven’t gotten much pressure since. You can go after White a bit if you’ve got things protected enough for a perfectly placed throw. 

You can do that to any other CB too.  Success in that instance wouldn't be unique to Tre White.  Pass rush

is as important to coverage success as the coverage itself.

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There is a unfair expectation of players by fans.  All DBs give up plays...Deion did, Revis did, etc etc.  100% of them do.  

A DB can only do so much.  If the ball is placed in the right place there is 0% chance they can prevent the completion without committing a penalty.  All a DB can do is try and blanket the coverage and hope the throw is to a place he can get to it.  

Tre wasn’t getting torched, Golladay made some amazing catches in some tight coverage.  It happens, I mean Stevie Johnson even had success against Revis and he wasn’t a very good WR.  

I dont think they chose to go “at Tre”, it was probably more they wanted to get Golladay more involved and had some one on one man matchups and gave him a chance to make a play.  I seriously doubt they were throwing to Golladay to “attack” Tre.  

I disagree on Stevie, but with you on the rest of this.  Folks are talking about Tre is getting picked on, but I don't see that at all.  He's given up a few plays and few penalties.  He's still better than most CB's in the league.  People expect something that is not real: the myth of the "shut down" corner.  No CB stops every throw. 

• Like (+1) 1

While we are on the subject the least heralded elite corner in the league was on the other side today and was absolutely outstanding as per usual. The Bills did a really clever job of staying away from Slay for the most part and going at the other guys in that secondary. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, the skycap said:

A la McKelvin

That is exactly what I thought today. Tre got his lunch stolen repeatedly today. The worst day of his career. McKelvin always was right there like Tre, but looked exactly like Tre did today. Hope it was just an off day. Wonder if there is something they can fix with coaching, or it just an unfixable size problem against bigger receivers. Gotta believe the film of today's game will quickly circulate to the offensive coordinators all around the league the next time their team plays the Bills.