The Lions chose to go after Tre White

YoloinOhio

I find that interesting. I was listening to some fantasy football shows this weekend and they were talking about how Golladay is now their #1 WR but hasn’t really been targeted much or been productive. Now, he’s lined up vs White who’s supposed to be one of the better CBs in the league (which I agree with) and they go right to Golloday multiple times with great success. He definitely “ate off the Tre” so to speak. I know White didn’t have a great game vs Robby Anderson either but just found it odd they would choose to finally chuck it up to Golladay when he was lined up vs Tre White 

edit: Golladay is on my fantasy team which was why I was kind of following his production and he had really done nothing since Tate left 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I’ll take this all day. The high level we expect from White is that we are disappointed that he had a penalty and two completions.

A TD and a bomb aren’t good but if the D allows 13 and this is the big complaint, I’ll take it.

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I should mention that Golloday made great plays .... not saying it was white’s fault really. Just wondering why they looked at that matchup and thought, yup this is the week we start using Golloday! 

Golloday did make amazing plays.

Not too worried but if it is trend to  something next couple weeks or something  but right now not worried about it.

Just now, WideNine said:

Most teams know that Tre is usually singled up on receivers - he is 5' 11" and has been struggling locating the ball at the "high point"  going against a receiver who is 6' 4".... not a huge gamble and one worth taking for opposing teams.

That makes sense... is he better as a zone corner? Just throwing this out there...

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

That makes sense... is he better as a zone corner? Just throwing this out there...

No, he matched up on Hopkins and held him to what 27 yards? Yeah one was a TD and again it was a ridiculous catch.

Lets not forget Galloday is 6' 4" with a 36" vertical.

Tre White is 5' 11" with a 32" vert. most of Galloday's catches were high soft throws that allowed Galloday to make a play. Its not like it was a coverage issue or white not looking back at ball

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just having a bit of an off season... he will learn from it. Early success can sometimes make someone think they are better than they are, but I think Tre is driven to get better - he will be fine.

2 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

No, he matched up on Hopkins and held him to what 27 yards? Yeah one was a TD and again it was a ridiculous catch.

Lets not forget Galloday is 6' 4" with a 36" vertical.

Tre White is 5' 11" with a 32" vert. most of Galloday's catches were high soft throws that allowed Galloday to make a play. Its not like it was a coverage issue or white not looking back at ball

He did pretty well vs Hopkins but the Bills got great pressure  vs that OL. They haven’t gotten much pressure since. You can go after White a bit if you’ve got things protected enough for a perfectly placed throw. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I should mention that Golloday made great plays .... not saying it was white’s fault really. Just wondering why they looked at that matchup and thought, yup this is the week we start using Golloday! 

He balled his butt off. I've never been happier with coverage catches. Couldn't stop the guy in the first half.

15 minutes ago, Big C said:

Tre has been in the right position both this week and last, for whatever reason he just hasn't been making plays on the ball.

Golladay is bigger and stronger. That's the advantage of having big, physical WRs.

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I find that interesting. I was listening to some fantasy football shows this weekend and they were talking about how Golladay is now their #1 WR but hasn’t really been targeted much or been productive. Now, he’s lined up vs White who’s supposed to be one of the better CBs in the league (which I agree with) and they go right to Golloday multiple times with great success. He definitely “ate off the Tre” so to speak. I know White didn’t have a great game vs Robby Anderson either but just found it odd they would choose to finally chuck it up to Golladay when he was lined up vs Tre White 

edit: Golladay is on my fantasy team which was why I was kind of following his production and he had really done nothing since Tate left 

Golloday is a top WR in the league, I'm not sure throwing to him is the same as targeting White.