Sebastian Janikowski: Business Decision

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

They're still sitting in the first Wild Card spot but that is an absolutely brutal loss at this stage of the season against a team as bad and banged up as the Niners.

Full on embarrassing attempt at a tackle. But the slightest bruise on these kickers screws everything up for them. Overall though the Seahawks didn't show up today vs the Niners.

1 hour ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Guys.  He wasn't making that tackle.  It's kind of like when the leftfielder never moves when he knows it's long gone.  I get that you think he could've made a gesture like he was trying but in no universe was he actually tackling the guy.

He didn't need to make the tackle--just shove him out of bounds. I think a 260 pound kicker could have managed that.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I saw an interview with the Seahawks' OC after that game. He asked the interviewer if he was expecting them to hand the ball to Marshawn and the reporter said "Yes." So the OC said something like this: "Well, I fooled a bunch of people, so I must have done something right."

:(

In his defense he looked a bit sore after slipping on the wet turf during pregame warmups. Field conditions looked bad had a few players falling on it.

Other issue is the risk of injury worth it? The league isn’t exactly swimming in halfway decent kickers. I’ve watched a ton of games this season and that’s when you realize just how good a pickup Hauschka even was. I’m sure the Seahawks wouldn’t want the risk of losing Janikowski’s long range if they’re going into the playoffs over an injury. What about the 5 guys before him that missed the tackle? 

15 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I saw an interview with the Seahawks' OC after that game. He asked the interviewer if he was expecting them to hand the ball to Marshawn and the reporter said "Yes." So the OC said something like this: "Well, I fooled a bunch of people, so I must have done something right."

He didn't fool the patriots though, so he got it wrong.

• Like (+1) 1