Buffalo picked the right Josh

Nuncha

16 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think people are overall more pleased with this garbage season over last years playoff season.  Weird ha? 

The only reason last years playoff season was in any way good was that it ended a ridiculously long 18 year playoff drought.  The fact that it took a miracle play by Andy Dalton to put the BIlls into the playoffs and then the lackluster performance by the Bills in the playoffs sort of lessened the impact if this achievement for me.  

After we took Allen at QB and let Tyrod go the most critical question of this season was whether Allen was the guy.  I would submit that while it's not a done deal yet he does appear to be that elusive franchise QB we've been looking for since the days of Kelly.  That's why this season is much more exciting for me then last season was. 

2 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

So you're saying the Bills should get a horse?...

I think he's saying Josh Allen is a horse, will draw other Free Agent stallions to the team, and will break the back of the Cheaters** while their fans** cry

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Because by the end of last year Tyrod proved we didn't have a franchise QB, and by the end of this year it's starting to look like we might. Which is far more important than one year sneaking into the playoffs.

It is interesting though that the results and stat lines, nature of games and limited offense are all pretty much similar between 2017 and 2018 QBs.

I guess what gets folks hyped is the assumption that things are just meant to develop greater.

we shall see.

40 minutes ago, Rico said:

Big congrats to the other Josh, Josh Johnson with the big win today!

If he started in London 2015, the drought may have been over 2 years earlier.

I'm sure Jalen Ramsey said he was trash tho...

maybe they should have taken Nick Mullens...that dude is a baller 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am happy with how Josh Allen looks and I was very pleased with him today. 

But Josh Rosen is on the biggest mess of a franchise in the NFL with very little talent and a coach a million miles out of his depth. And he has played well in parts. Way too early to write him off. 

The offensive talent isn’t that different (see: Larry Fitzgerald) but I agree we should withhold judgment for a few years. 

However, it would be fair to say if the roles were reversed the Bills fan base would be in full meltdown mode and yapping we have the wrong Josh. It’s bad enough too many fans are not happy with Allen’s season but I’d like to think they’re in a vocal yet small minority. 

Edited by Max Fischer

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Allen does this a lot and I love it. I will sacrifice stupid stats like completion % if we develop a vertical passing game that takes advantage of the kid’s arm.

JA will never have high comp % maybe high 50s low 60s at best because he will always want to push the ball down field 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I have watched every single Cardinals game and not just the offensive plays but the whole games to get the context. You are absolutely 100% right. He has made some awful mistakes and he is never going to be as able to make up for the supporting cast as Josh Allen because he doesn't have that mobility. But he has shown some real flashes in there too. They need to put talent around him and they desperately need better coaching. 

He reminds me a lot of a young Eli Manning.  Give him a good o-line and WR cast and he'll be a very good, but not elite, quarterback.

4 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

JA will never have high comp % maybe high 50s low 60s at best because he will always want to push the ball down field 

So long as the OC recognizes and pushes this yes. Allen’s never going to be drew brees and that’s fiiiiine. Lot of ways to win. Lot of ways to score points.

17 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

It is interesting though that the results and stat lines, nature of games and limited offense are all pretty much similar between 2017 and 2018 QBs.

I guess what gets folks hyped is the assumption that things are just meant to develop greater.

we shall see.

Last year we had 17.4 1st downs per game, 302.6 yards per game, and 18.9 points per game.

This year since Allen came back from injury we have 21.5 1st downs per game, 355.5 yards per game, and 19.5 points per game.

The offense is improving largely due to Allen's contributions. More importantly this is just his floor and he is showing steady progression.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Sounds like a maddening receipt for some seriously inconsistent seasons.  When it hits it’s amazing and when not hair pulling frustrating.

sounds like talk talk radio and these boards would be amazing debating that for the next 4-5 seasons.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Last year we had 17.4 1st downs per game, 302.6 yards per game, and 18.9 points per game.

This year since Allen came back from injury we have 21.5 1st downs per game, 355.5 yards per game, and 19.5 points per game.

The offense is improving largely due to Allen's contributions. More importantly this is just his floor and he is showing steady progression.

And that's with an OL that had far better players at most of the positions.

• Like (+1) 1

Still too early, everyone was gushing over early Bortles/Mariota. 

HOWEVER, win or lose, this for me was a wonderful game for Josh. He trusted the pocket. I have been saying for a few weeks that our pass blocking isn't nearly as bad as a lot of us think. Trust your guys to pick up their assignments instead of taking off, which he did more often than not, and let guys get open.

Another step towards being a better QB. He still needs to work on ball security, way too many ducks, just throw it out of bounds.

Also Zay Jones sucks. 

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He reminds me a lot of a young Eli Manning.  Give him a good o-line and WR cast and he'll be a very good, but not elite, quarterback.

This is exactly what I think when I see him play. Arm talent of Eli, BUT, he has mobility of Cam. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Allen looks good. I am not dying on an Allen hill at all. I am pleased he is who we have. 

I was the don't write Jared Goff off guy as well. I think it is too early to write off Rosen. Although if Arizona don't fire Wilkes they will suck next year too. 

You don't need to defend yourself to anyone Gunner.

Your track record speaks for itself, and (as I'm sure you know) I mean that as a compliment 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The only reason last years playoff season was in any way good was that it ended a ridiculously long 18 year playoff drought.  The fact that it took a miracle play by Andy Dalton to put the BIlls into the playoffs and then the lackluster performance by the Bills in the playoffs sort of lessened the impact if this achievement for me.  

After we took Allen at QB and let Tyrod go the most critical question of this season was whether Allen was the guy.  I would submit that while it's not a done deal yet he does appear to be that elusive franchise QB we've been looking for since the days of Kelly.  That's why this season is much more exciting for me then last season was. 

Will we be as cocky and arrogant as NE fans if he does become the next HOF QB.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Will we be as cocky and arrogant as NE fans if he does become the next HOF QB.

Of course. I promise to go in every Pats thread and make it about the Bills, get offended when any other QB not named Josh Allen is referred to as being good, proclaim the Pats are trash every chance i get and refer to our QB as JA17. 

Edited by downunderbill
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GRHater69 said:

I wanted Rosen as well. Glad to be wrong at least this far, but it's early.

I had Rosen ahead too, mainly because I thought he was much more pro ready. He has proved he is not, which is a good thing for us because Allen has way more upside.