Buffalo picked the right Josh

Nuncha

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Isn’t the OP declaring something about the other Josh in his rookie season? On a terrible team similar to the Bills?

Yep. Not saying it doesn't go both ways, I'll admit I'm a fan of Allen, but it's his first season so it will be a bit premature to declare either QB one way or the other. I think they'll both be good, but they could both be bad, the NFL works in mysterious ways. It is too early to tell but the one thing I can say is Allen is easily the most talented player on offence. 

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I’d argue Arizona’s offensive line is one of the few in the league worse than ours. They were in panic mode in the preseason. Yes they have DJ but what is he going to do behind a paper thin line? Everything you said about Fitz and Kirk is 100% correct.

FItz has 53 catches for 563 yards and 5 TDS in 13 games plus brings a ton of veteran leadership. That is definitely not terrible at all and we all

know how many intangibles that guy brings that don’t show on the stat sheet

A farmer and his son had a beloved stallion who helped the family earn a living. One day, the horse ran away and their neighbors exclaimed, “Your horse ran away, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

A few days later, the horse returned home, leading a few wild mares back to the farm as well. The neighbors shouted out, “Your horse has returned, and brought several horses home with him. What great luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

Later that week, the farmer’s son was trying to break one of the mares and she threw him to the ground, breaking his leg. The villagers cried, “Your son broke his leg, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

A few weeks later, soldiers from the national army marched through town, recruiting all the able-bodied boys for the army. They did not take the farmer’s son, still recovering from his injury. Friends shouted, “Your boy is spared, what tremendous luck!” To which the farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah because nobody here was panicking after that 3rd preseason game.

Not saying we weren’t? 

My point is they are playing through very similar situations. Allen has made more plays with what he’s got so far. Judging either this soon “lol wrong josh XD” is f-ing stupid. This thread is stupid.

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

FItz has 53 catches for 563 yards and 5 TDS in 13 games plus brings a ton of veteran leadership. That is definitely not terrible at all and we all

know how many intangibles that guy brings that don’t show on the stat sheet

Those are terrible numbers for larry fitzgerald.

12 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

That was me looking for about 2 minutes. Drop stats are ridiculously inconsistent. You say you saw 11 drops and the stat keepers will end up crediting only 5. 

I agree with you there - there are a few that keep NFL stats on drops, but college ranks I got nothing. I really wanted to look at the top-end WR prospects in the draft and see who had the most drops... particularly the top-end TE's like Fant.

I don't really want Josh to take a lot off his throws, I want to see the ball on a rope for the comeback routes, quick outs and slants. And folks act like a 60 yard pass needs to have more of a rainbow.... there is certainly room to grow, but I would like them to find tools that could work with Josh's strong arm rather than Josh trying to soften those throws. 

Yes, there needs to be touch on those screens and bubble plays, but I have seen a lot of growth in that area from Josh - enough to give me some confidence that he is getting good coaching and that he is coachable.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Not saying we weren’t? 

My point is they are playing through very similar situations. Allen has made more plays with what he’s got so far. Judging either this soon “lol wrong josh XD” is f-ing stupid. This thread is stupid.

Sir were you here for all the lamenting that we did not draft josh Rosen?

thise threads were stupid as well

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MDH said:

A farmer and his son had a beloved stallion who helped the family earn a living. One day, the horse ran away and their neighbors exclaimed, “Your horse ran away, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

A few days later, the horse returned home, leading a few wild mares back to the farm as well. The neighbors shouted out, “Your horse has returned, and brought several horses home with him. What great luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

Later that week, the farmer’s son was trying to break one of the mares and she threw him to the ground, breaking his leg. The villagers cried, “Your son broke his leg, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

A few weeks later, soldiers from the national army marched through town, recruiting all the able-bodied boys for the army. They did not take the farmer’s son, still recovering from his injury. Friends shouted, “Your boy is spared, what tremendous luck!” To which the farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

So bust then?

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not here to bag on rosen

i just think for a extremely raw qb like Allen it’s very exciting to know we are just scratching the surface of his talent

And that is perfectly reasonable John. I am as excited about Allen as I have been at any stage after today. 

I said the same last night when people were trying to do down Darnold who played well. We don't have to rag on other QBs to prop up Allen. It is about Allen's performances and he is making the case with his play on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Not saying we weren’t? 

Those are terrible numbers for larry fitzgerald.

Yes but that’s not what you said. You agreed that he’s basically been awful. 

Also Might that be because it’s the QB and not him?.. lol. Sure he’s lost a step. But I would say if he had a competent QB and wasn’t on the worst offence in the NFL, his numbers would be much better

9 minutes ago, MDH said:

So you're saying the Bills should get a horse?...

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Also Might that be because it’s the QB and not him?.. lol. Sure he’s lost a step. But I would say if he had a competent QB and wasn’t on the worst offence in the NFL, his numbers would be much better

I have been the biggest Larry Fitz fan ever. I think he is done. 

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I can’t with good conscience call a hall of fame player like larry fitzgerald “awful” but yes, he’s a marginal guy at this point. Still better than what Allen has? Sure, but not by that much. And I like Kirk as well but like Gunner said he drops the ball A LOT. Again, similar to our situation. Which was my point. 

Edited by JoPar_v2

1 minute ago, Andy1 said:

JA averaged over 15 yds per completion today. That is huge! Probably tops in the league this week. 

Allen does this a lot and I love it. I will sacrifice stupid stats like completion % if we develop a vertical passing game that takes advantage of the kid’s arm.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1