Buffalo picked the right Josh

Nuncha

9 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Dude this is 4 weeks too late. Nobody's brought up Rosen as the better pick in forever.

I don't want to measure Allen by how much a bust Rosen might look. By this point I just want the right Josh to be good by the right Josh's standards.

This is a very important observation PT5P because once we reach the point where we don't care what the other Josh is doing it means our Josh is doing just fine thank you.

I think the reason folks throw this out when Allen has a good game and Rosen doesn't is that there was so much "hate" for Allen and "love" for Rosen by Bills posters on TBD around the time of the draft.  It was over the top IMO.  At the time I was a lurker here and not a poster but anyone who claims it wasn't happening isn't remembering things right.

But Allen's play has given us confidence that we got the right Josh.  Hell, I was rooting for BOTH rookie QB's yesterday because their success has nothing to do with Allen's.  But at the same time I can cut folks slack who were on the Allen train in April - they took a pretty good beating on here.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

How many passes are Rosen's receivers dropping?  During the game, they said Allen has had 11 drops the past 3 games and he easily had 5 today.

Right so Rosen doesn’t have any excuses Doc. Please. That team is a trainwreck. I’ll look up the drops for you since you can’t do it yourself.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is a very important observation PT5P because once we reach the point where we don't care what the other Josh is doing it means our Josh is doing just fine thank you.

I think the reason folks throw this out when Allen has a good game and Rosen doesn't is that there was so much "hate" for Allen and "love" for Rosen by Bills posters on TBD around the time of the draft.  It was over the top IMO.  At the time I was a lurker here and not a poster but anyone who claims it wasn't happening isn't remembering things right.

But Allen's play has given us confidence that we got the right Josh.  Hell, I was rooting for BOTH rookie QB's yesterday because their success has nothing to do with Allen's.  But at the same time I can cut folks slack who were on the Allen train in April - they took a pretty good beating on here.  

Reports are that they're benching Rosen for the season. 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Amazing the lengths people are going to go to die on this hill. I don't get it.

Which hill am I dying on? I didn't like Josh Allen at the draft. I think he looks good. 

I liked Josh Rosen, I think he has struggled, but there have been flashes of what I think he can be and his coaching has been absolutely dreadful. Remember Sam Bradford looked equally atrocious and we know he can play in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Reports are that they're benching Rosen for the season. 

This might be a good move.  I think BOTH Allen & Darnold benefited from their time on the bench and Lamar Jackson didn't see the field until well into the season.  Only Mayfield was advanced enough to come out a play well without a break. 

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Show me these imaginary Allen haters. I can show several real ones.

There are some real ones I saw them in the game threads today. I don’t think there are as many as some think. I think a lot of people are perceived as hating when they just point on things the kid can improve on. But not disagreeing...there are definitely some hold outs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

Right so Rosen doesn’t have any excuses Doc. Please. That team is a trainwreck. I’ll look up the drops for you since you can’t do it yourself.

I can only assume you really wanted Rosen.  I did too.  I realized now that I was wrong. 

And when you find out how many drops Rosen's receivers have had, let me know the site so I can look them up for myself.

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Amazing the lengths people are going to go to die on this hill. I don't get it.

Speaking of hills to die on, do you ever add anything of substance or just attack other people's opinions? Anyone being objective would say Allen looks good, but that the Cardinals are the biggest mess in football. It's amazing that any negative Allen has is his supporting cast but with Rosen It's all his fault. You can really like Allen's progress and dislike the comparison.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Arizona as of last week had had more drops than Buffalo. 

David Johnson and Kirk both credited with 4 drops a piece. Ricky Seals-Jones credited with 3. There’s 11 already from what I could find. Please forward on to @Doc

Just now, Doc said:

I can only assume you really wanted Rosen.  I did too.  I realized now that I was wrong. 

And when you find out how many drops Rosen's receivers have had, let me know the site so I can look them up for myself.

I found them last week. I will dig them out. 

Just now, Trogdor said:

Speaking of hills to die on, do you ever add anything of substance or just attack other people's opinions? Anyone being objective would say Allen looks good, but that the Cardinals are the biggest mess in football. It's amazing that any negative Allen has is his supporting cast but with Rosen It's all his fault. You can really like Allen's progress and dislike the comparison.

100% correct. 

16 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Draft analysts? You mean media guys or TBD members? Because as far as I recall, at the time when Bills were on the clock there were like 40+ posts in draft thread screaming ROSEN and maybe two people (Nihilirian and somebody else) were saying Allen. There was like 90%+ consensus to pick Rosen on this board...

I had no idea since I don't want college but I am happy we picked Allen. And if he is who he seems to be, then Beane is a genius no matter how many mistakes he otherwise make.

I thought Rosen was the pick as well. I admit it. I am very glad to be wrong. Phew. 

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

There are some real ones I saw them in the game threads today. I don’t think there are as many as some think. I think a lot of people are perceived as hating when they just point on things the kid can improve on. But not disagreeing...there are definitely some hold outs.

Not too hard to find. They are the guys that are strangely silent every time he does something amazing under pressure, and who fall all over themselves posting at every poor decision or executed play. 

• Like (+1) 1