Buffalo picked the right Josh

Nuncha

42 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Last year we had 17.4 1st downs per game, 302.6 yards per game, and 18.9 points per game.

This year since Allen came back from injury we have 21.5 1st downs per game, 355.5 yards per game, and 19.5 points per game.

The offense is improving largely due to Allen's contributions. More importantly this is just his floor and he is showing steady progression.

Factor in the drops, his lack of protection with the loss of Cordy Glenn (I know they thought Dawkins was ready), Richie's quasi-retirement crazy business, and Wood forced to retire at center, then injuries to the best of the worst offensive linemen they decided to go with out of training camp forcing the worse of the not-so-great o-line guys into the lineup.

Shady hits 30 and literally cannot stay on the field, and when on the field he is 3 yards and a cloud of dust before getting injured each game, now on our 4th string RB behind a line that struggles to move defenders (I thought they did a little better today)... 

KB the stone-handed slug and a slew of lack-luster receivers incapable of getting separation or catching the ball when it hits them in the hands, forcing the coaching to jettison them and to pull from practice squad players to find guys to could stretch the field and catch a pass.

I feel like Josh has pulled up those stats largely carrying the team on his back - a lot to ask a rookie. That being said, this has been a really interesting year with all the fresh QB blood. Can't wait to see how these guys develop - a change of the old guard is coming I think. 

OBD better be burning the midnight oil to put a better supporting cast around this kid.

It’s way too early to pan Rosen, although I find it interesting that he was labeled most pro-ready and looks the least out of Baker/Allen/Darnold/Rosen. 

The big excuse is that he has no OL and no weapons.  Only Baker has an OL and weapons, somehow Allen and Darnold are looking pretty good in similar situations to Rosen.  

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s way too early to pan Rosen, although I find it interesting that he was labeled most pro-ready and looks the least out of Baker/Allen/Darnold/Rosen. 

The big excuse is that he has no OL and no weapons.  Only Baker has an OL and weapons, somehow Allen and Darnold are looking pretty good in similar situations to Rosen.  

Bakers OL and weapons are overrated imo. They aren’t great. As a whole (not so much last night) he’s the crown jewel of the QB class. I truly think he’s the next drew Brees. We will see. 

• Like (+1) 1

It may have to do with how you enter the NFL, which can affect how long it takes you to settle in and succeed.  Allen entered with confidence and swagger, and a propensity to lead even though he was a raw rookie.  Rosen, as many before him, may have come in with a propensity to function as the raw rookie he is.  It's too early to tell which Josh was the right one to pick.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bakers OL and weapons are overrated imo. They aren’t great. As a whole (not so much last night) he’s the crown jewel of the QB class. I truly think he’s the next drew Brees. We will see. 

Jarvis Landry is a top 10 wr.  There o line is top 5 and one of the highest paid units in the NFL.  Chubb and Johnson is as good a combo in the NFL.  Njoku is the freakiest player in NFL at TE.  Baker has by far the best surrounding casts if all the rookies.  Now he is playing well but circumstances matter especially when looking at production.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

For the first time in a long time I feel like we have a QB that can win us a game in the fourth quarter

Yep.  Allen is fiercely competitive, and has that intangible will to win.  

Seems like every QB should have that, but not many actually do.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, downunderbill said:

Of course. I promise to go in every Pats thread and make it about the Bills, get offended when any other QB not named Josh Allen is referred to as being good, proclaim the Pats are trash every chance i get and refer to our QB as JA17. 

They might have 2 people on their board if they start losing.

6 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I am glad Allen looks good too, but given any time Allen has a game in which he struggles, we all rush to excuse it with things like “he’s a rookie” and “he has no help” and “the line sucks” don’t you find making a thread like this a little...inconsistent? Isn’t the other guy in a very similar situation? Their offensive line may be even worse than ours. Just asking. If you’re drunk and want to dab on all the imaginary Allen “haters” then go ahead.

Both OL's are equally bad but at Least Rosen has a HOF WR in Fitzgerald and also had kirk before the injury who was starting to come on and atop notch RB, his problem is and will always be that he's a pure pocket passer with very little athletic ability, He will need a stellar OL for him to be successful or he better throw it as soon as the balls hiked like manning used to.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

We did get the right Josh despite all the national media and TBD forum haters. I am very happy to see the haters becoming increasingly silent on this forum as they begrudgingly acknowledge their error or slither into the darkness of no posts on this subject while eating their crow. It was getting tedious just reading their hate. But then haters, blinded by their hatred will always hate especially if they were disciples of Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Both OL's are equally bad but at Least Rosen has a HOF WR in Fitzgerald and also had kirk before the injury who was starting to come on and atop notch RB, his problem is and will always be that he's a pure pocket passer with very little athletic ability, He will need a stellar OL for him to be successful or he better throw it as soon as the balls hiked like manning used to.

What do go by name recognition only? Fitzgerald is a HOF receiver he’s also old as dirt for a football player. And again no back, not even david johnson can do **** with that line in front of him. Please man. And Kirk aint that good. He’s dropping balls like Zay.

Edited by JoPar_v2

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Last year we had 17.4 1st downs per game, 302.6 yards per game, and 18.9 points per game.

This year since Allen came back from injury we have 21.5 1st downs per game, 355.5 yards per game, and 19.5 points per game.

The offense is improving largely due to Allen's contributions. More importantly this is just his floor and he is showing steady progression.

And last year we won a lot more games.....and made the playoffs for the 1st time in any of your children's existence if they are still teenagers.

3 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Will we be as cocky and arrogant as NE fans if he does become the next HOF QB.

I certainly hope so

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, tumaro02 said:

We did get the right Josh despite all the national media and TBD forum haters. I am very happy to see the haters becoming increasingly silent on this forum as they begrudgingly acknowledge their error or slither into the darkness of no posts on this subject while eating their crow. It was getting tedious just reading their hate. But then haters, blinded by their hatred will always hate especially if they were disciples of Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.

Wtf is this? We're crowning Allen off a 13/26 204 yard performance. I'm a fan of the Bills, not Allen. It's not begrudgingly, it's not in silence. You make it into this weird personal thing.

He has been better than I thought he'd be, he's showing potential. Better than I thought. That said, it's not saying much. That stat line and 14 points vs a bad team isn't proving much at all to me. I hope he ends up the best, because he's a Bill.

That post seems a bit backwards coming from a Bills fan.

43 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

What do go by name recognition only? Fitzgerald is a HOF receiver he’s also old as dirt for a football player. And again no back, not even david johnson can do **** with that line in front of him. Please man. And Kirk aint that good. He’s dropping balls like Zay.

Fans are delusional at this point. Did anyone hear the postgame show? How many of you called?

Bulldog kept saying how he thought Allen played good and all everyone did was call in and say how he said Allen was sucking. It was a joke. 

Rosen guy here.  Now a Josh Allen guy 100%.  Love his fire, passion, size, athletic ability, mobility and oh that arm.   That being said, it’s way to early to say who will be the better QB.  

Gonna be fun to watch these 5 QBs develop over the years.  

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

I didnt see this posted anywhere on the forums... if it is I will delete.

That’s awesome.  Well done Josh.  He’ll be a Captain next season 

• Like (+1) 1