Buffalo picked the right Josh

Nuncha

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No it wasn't. Stop being an idiot. I said I thought it was the wrong pick. I wasn't one of the people starting threads about it. 

Ok, we could argue about semantics but you were very vocal about it being the wrong pick.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SWATeam said:

Ok, we could argue about semantics but you were very vocal about it being the wrong pick.

My thoughts are at the below. I said it was the wrong pick but if you consider that even close to a meltdown then I'll have some of what you are drinking. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My thoughts are at the below. I said it was the wrong pick but if you consider that even close to a meltdown then I'll have some of what you are drinking. 

It’s not a big deal, but I have a good memory for this stuff.  I’m specifically remembering the shout box on draft night.  You had a tantrum.  It’s ok, we all get stuff wrong.  Just own it.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

It’s not a big deal, but I have a good memory for this stuff.  I’m specifically remembering the shout box on draft night.  You had a tantrum.  It’s ok, we all get stuff wrong.  Just own it.

I always own it when I am wrong. I hope Josh makes me eat my words and I have already said he is playing better than I feared. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think people are overall more pleased with this garbage season over last years playoff season.  Weird ha? 

Because by the end of last year Tyrod proved we didn't have a franchise QB, and by the end of this year it's starting to look like we might. Which is far more important than one year sneaking into the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Green Lightnings reaction was common in the threads following the draft and continued till the Vikings game.

8 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I also had a tantrum in my living room. I didn’t want Allen. But as soon as they picked him, I did my best to keep an open mind.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I figured Allen was wildly inaccurate based on scouting and would miss dudes by 10 yards, but he’s been solid. Even several of his misses are fingertips and *could* be caught.

my only concern right now is that every week he settles into 50% completions.  That has to get better next year 

Don't get hung up on completion percentage, it is a truly misleading stat. Does not take into account dropped passes, or times when the best play is to throw it away. 

On the flip side, there are guys with ridiculous completion percentages and QB ratings who will without fail take the easy dump off pass 4-6 yards short of the sticks on every 3 and long play. Sure they completed the pass - meaningless in the grand scheme of the game as you have to trot out your punting unit. Rather have someone with the stones to try to get the first down or more.

Best thing you can do is see if Allen is making passes he missed the week before, is he throwing it away when he should, is he getting it into his WRs hands, is he pushing it down the field to move the chains... work in progress folks, but I am more stoked by this kid's play than I have been for a Bills QB in a long time and I am going to allow myself to have a bit of hope for this team. And sure, I may end up crying in my beer - been there done that enough, but why not enjoy the ride a bit.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

To all the draft analysts out there that said the Bills made a mistake - eat crow.  We picked the right Josh.  

And I absolutely LOVE it.

Jeremy White and Ledyard in basement crying on each other’s shoulders.

I didn't want Rosen, part of the issue was the history of concussions, and part as a result of his attitude based on some of the things I've read.  Seemed sort of arrogant to me, i wondered how that would play out on the field, but had he been our selection that would have been fine. 

To flip that around a bit, I look forward to watching JA play. His enthusiasm is infectious (to me anyway, i know some posters here got the JA flu shot and dont see it that way), he lays it all on the line and seems to be improving as he goes. His interaction with his teammates seems excellent, he shows great leadership skills and seems to love the game. 

I wish the other Josh no ill will, and if he turns out to be a gelreat player and this Josh does not, well, sometimes that happens. 

For now though, JA is the guy.