3rd 4th quarter comeback for Josh

Hebert19

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I think we are seeing what it has been like to be a Wyoming Fan the past 4 years.  ? 

marveling at the talent, big plays and excitement and then at the same time searching for reasons for lack of results.

We've kind of been really lucky at Wyoming this decade. Sure the guy before Allen wasn't anything special but the guy before him set the records Allen should of broke. Came back down to Earth this year though.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, cage said:

I have a Twitter list of Bills/Sabres sports reporters that I follow during games.  They're quick to point out when he's off target, but the many of his passes both long and short were very accurate today!  Zero tweets on the topic from our reporters.

I love needling Jeremy white on Twitter about  Allen.

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

We have absolute confidence in the talent and heart of our skill players on catching a pass?

No. I see a breakdown between the ball getting from point A to point B and am wondering how it could be corrected short of giving up and saying “maybe next year...”. I’m not down on Josh, but won’t fail to recognize it take 2 players to complete a pass. 

11 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I think we are seeing what it has been like to be a Wyoming Fan the past 4 years.  ? 

marveling at the talent, big plays and excitement and then at the same time searching for reasons for lack of results.

But given Wyoming's history prior to Allen's arrival he did produce for the Cowboys. 

Allen's path to the NFL has been very different then most elite level QB's.  He played at a small rural HS and wasn't recruited out of HS.  One of the reasons he wasn't recruited is he never attended the camps that high school kids (especially from rural areas) need to attend to BOTH improve their game and get noticed.  Then he spent a year at Jr. College, played well there.  He then tried to get to fbs college football by sending out a boat load of tapes see if anyone wanted him.  And only Wyoming called. 

The bottom line is that if you compare the coaching & training Allen has received since becoming a teenage QB it is substantially less then almost every QB playing in the NFL today.  The likelihood that we'll see huge improvements in his game going forward are excellent because for the first time in his life he's receiving elite level coaching/training to go along with his elite level skills.  IMO this is the reason we should be optimistic about Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I hear a lot of people speaking about the large number of dropped passes Allen has. It definitely could be bad receivers, but what if it isn’t? Is there something Josh is doing to account for these dropped balls? I know he throws bullets. Can a ball actually be thrown too hard to a receiver?

About 40 seconds in:

51 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is a hugely important stat that doesn't show up under completion % or TD passes.  It's one of those intangibles, like his leadership and over the top athleticism, that has really impressed me so far.  And I would be lying if I said I knew he had it in him all along. 

Yep. Intangibles are for winners, stats are for losers.

Josh Allen SHOULD be 7-2 and in the season, and maybe 8-2 if he doesn’t get hurt in Houston game.  

Clay drop and ST cost Josh 2 wins.  Think about that, if not for those two fails by others he is 7-2 with this garbage around him as a rookie.  And he may have won the Houston game had he not got hurt too.

This kid will be a top 5 QB in the league before long and I think if he can get the right help next season we will win the division and be a double digit win team.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

No. I see a breakdown between the ball getting from point A to point B and am wondering how it could be corrected short of giving up and saying “maybe next year...”. I’m not down on Josh, but won’t fail to recognize it take 2 players to complete a pass. 

Point B is a low level WR or TE who has no heart or drive at all

that’s remedied by cutting their *** or they improve 

43 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Wow.  Not sure how much football you've watched but nothing today should warrant that.  He made smart decisions and for the most part out the ball where only his guy could make a play. 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

This is a joke right

please tell me this is a joke

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Allen poise and attitude definitely makes it look like he is big enough (not just physically) to play at the next level.

one of the things with Allen that is so exciting about Allen...is that he is exciting to watch.  He is a very Boom or Bust player on drives.

Take that one drive where I think he let it fly on 3 straight plays...those were all very exicting to see the ball fly and it gets your heart and imagination pumping.  BUT they were all incomplete.

So going into his 2nd year his results are going to have to match his excitement potential.

for all the excitement...Allen still had pretty average stat line today.  Barley cracking 200 yards passing with 1 TD and 50% completion.  Ehhh.  But still so early.

Yup.

theres always that initial thrill when the new guy does what the old guy couldn’t. From a statue to a mobile qb, or in this case a guy willing to push the ball after a very conservative qb.

the guy up thread posting that it’s just exciting to see the ball in the air is emblematic of that. 

It was a win. He did some good stuff. He had limited help. But it was against a bad team too. And was still below average yards, completions, points, etc... hopefully we stack talent around him and he takes 3 big steps forward. He could easily go either direction but that’s truly a compliment to any rookie. Many bust fast. He’s still showing reasons to believe. The longer that goes on the better!

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Can you elaborate?  Didnt get the chance (or have the stomach) to listen...

I heard some of the post game.  I'm pretty sure that the very first caller said that it was good to hear Bulldog give Allen credit since all they've been doing was criticizing him all year.  Bulldog actually stuck with him longer than I thought he would but eventually hung up.

I'm almost positive that 95% of the calls into the postgame have had WAY too much tp drink.  Calls shortly after that suggested that we should be using Logan Thomas as QB and another said we should trade McCoy for a 1st round pick this off-season & didn't understand why we couldn't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DRA3196 said:

To me the biggest difference in this game was the amount of time Allen had in the pocket. The Lions shut down his running lanes and forced him to stay in the pocket and the team got the win. 4th and 5th string RB's, receivers continuing to drop catchable passes, Allen was able to keep his poise and will this team to a win. For  years I have been complaining about the lack of heart our QB's have displayed on game day. Josh is the heart this team needs. Great win

It was on a matter of time untill teams altered their pass rush and slow it down, and try to defend his scrambles instead of get sacks.  We'll see how well he handles it, he still gives up on the pass and looks to run on very important downs - it shows me he doesn't trust himself throwing it...yet.  for example he had his TD run but also the 4th and 2 fumble.  

Allen still misses some throws.  The one  high pass to Jones over the middle should have been caught, but it is  a tough catch to make.  A good pass there and it's a easy catch with a lot of YAC.  We are going to need that out of JA in the future. 

Overallght he was good today, and am through shocked as to how well he has improved this year. 

Edited by peterpan