3rd 4th quarter comeback for Josh

Hebert19

33 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

I’ll say this for his ability: He’s damn good and I’m very happy he’s the Bills QB. 

..this lad is nothing less than about "his team"...reckless abandon scares the hell out of me..........thank God his LB like build is an asset........think DB's wanna face him in the open field?..

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

34 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

If not for a clay drop.  Hed have 4 as a rookie.  

Say what you will about his ability hes a gamer. 

If the defense had held in Miami and against the Jets he would have five 4th quarter game winning drives....

Allen poise and attitude definitely makes it look like he is big enough (not just physically) to play at the next level.

one of the things with Allen that is so exciting about Allen...is that he is exciting to watch.  He is a very Boom or Bust player on drives.

Take that one drive where I think he let it fly on 3 straight plays...those were all very exicting to see the ball fly and it gets your heart and imagination pumping.  BUT they were all incomplete.

So going into his 2nd year his results are going to have to match his excitement potential.

for all the excitement...Allen still had pretty average stat line today.  Barley cracking 200 yards passing with 1 TD and 50% completion.  Ehhh.  But still so early.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

If not for our D giving up 2 uncharacteristic td late in the 4th, he's 4-0 since returning from injury, including being the only qb in nfl history with back to back 200 yard passing, 100 yard rushing games. 

He actually had protection today and did a fine job, the stats are very misleading , as he had a few drops and a very long pass interference.

Is there any question we have our Franchise QB? Not over here.

...should there be a concern about a Frazier (allegedly) led defense?...McDermott is supposed to be the defensive guru....yet in the transitional game, he gave Frazier the game ball citing it as "all him"....who is exactly calling the shots and why the inconsistency?....or am I totally off base?............

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Allen poise and attitude definitely makes it look like he is big enough (not just physically) to play at the next level.

one of the things with Allen that is so exciting about Allen...is that he is exciting to watch.  He is a very Boom or Bust player on drives.

Take that one drive where I think he let it fly on 3 straight plays...those were all very exicting to see the ball fly and it gets your heart and imagination pumping.  BUT they were all incomplete.

So going into his 2nd year his results are going to have to match his excitement potential.

for all the excitement...Allen still had pretty average stat line today.  Barley cracking 200 yards passing with 1 TD and 50% completion.  Ehhh.  But still so early.

Agree.  But on the stat point...the box score doesnt tell the same story as watching the game. I like what Allen showed in the eyeball test even though the stat line was average.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'd say as a passer, this was his best game this year. Recievers didn't help at times 

I have a Twitter list of Bills/Sabres sports reporters that I follow during games.  They're quick to point out when he's off target, but the many of his passes both long and short were very accurate today!  Zero tweets on the topic from our reporters.

49 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

If not for a clay drop.  Hed have 4 as a rookie.  

Say what you will about his ability hes a gamer. 

This is a hugely important stat that doesn't show up under completion % or TD passes.  It's one of those intangibles, like his leadership and over the top athleticism, that has really impressed me so far.  And I would be lying if I said I knew he had it in him all along. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, cage said:

I have a Twitter list of Bills/Sabres sports reporters that I follow during games.  They're quick to point out when he's off target, but the many of his passes both long and short were very accurate today!  Zero tweets on the topic from our reporters.

The Western NY sports media is very average and I'm being kind.  My sense is that a lot of them went all in on the "Allen is a bust" meme ad are having a hard time walking it back.  Which when you get right down to it is pretty unprofessional. 

54 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

If not for our D giving up 2 uncharacteristic td late in the 4th, he's 4-0 since returning from injury, including being the only qb in nfl history with back to back 200 yard passing, 100 yard rushing games. 

He actually had protection today and did a fine job, the stats are very misleading , as he had a few drops and a very long pass interference.

Is there any question we have our Franchise QB? Not over here.

The whole stat being misleading is getting a bit old to me, not because it's not true, but because we have some recievers that are more likely to drop the ball instead of catch it.  Hope we get better recievers.  Keep Foster, McKenzie, and Zay only because the capital we used on him.  Hope Zay is our #4 because he is awful

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

15 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

But this is where an upgrade in skill position talent is going to pay HUGE dividends for the Bills.  On that drive ALL 3 passes could have and probably should have been caught.  Hell, if just one of those passes is caught we have a first down and who knows what comes next. 

And for the record it's not making excuses for Allen to say this.  We all watched the game and there's no disputing that at least one & likely two of those "incompletions" should have been caught.  This is a simple problem to fix because it DOESN'T involve FIXING the QB. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Gunsgoodtime said:

The whole state being misleading is getting a bit old to me, not because it's not true, but because we have some recievers that are more likely to drop the ball instead of catch it.  Hope we get better recievers.  Keep Foster, McKenzie, and Zay only because the capital we used on him.  Hope Zay is our #4 because he is awful

You cannot just go out and replace all the line, receivers and running backs

Edited by row_33

52 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'd say as a passer, this was his best game this year. Recievers didn't help at times 

Some smart analysis here. Agreed 100%. Yes he overthrew a few but that's him, get used to it, people. Drops are killer, and we need some professional ball catchers on this team. A TE would be helpful! Imagine a running game with Josh and pass-catchers. Look the bleep out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The Western NY sports media is very average and I'm being kind.  My sense is that a lot of them went all in on the "Allen is a bust" meme ad are having a hard time walking it back.  Which when you get right down to it is pretty unprofessional. 

Yeah, well some of them were probably just following the national media narrative---Josh Allen is a bust based on his college stats---the other 3 QB's will be great---blah--blah--blah. It will be more fun when he becomes a super star !!.

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

But this is where an upgrade in skill position talent is going to pay HUGE dividends for the Bills.  On that drive ALL 3 passes could have and probably should have been caught.  Hell, if just one of those passes is caught we have a first down and who knows what comes next. 

And for the record it's not making excuses for Allen to say this.  We all watched the game and there's no disputing that at least one & likely two of those "incompletions" should have been caught.  This is a simple problem to fix because it DOESN'T involve FIXING the QB. 

I think we are seeing what it has been like to be a Wyoming Fan the past 4 years.  ? 

marveling at the talent, big plays and excitement and then at the same time searching for reasons for lack of results.

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I think we are seeing what it has been like to be a Wyoming Fan the past 4 years.  ? 

marveling at the talent, big plays and excitement and then at the same time searching for reasons for lack of results.

Best athlete out of there since Fennis Dembo

• Like (+1) 1

I hear a lot of people speaking about the large number of dropped passes Allen has. It definitely could be bad receivers, but what if it isn’t? Is there something Josh is doing to account for these dropped balls? I know he throws bullets. Can a ball actually be thrown too hard to a receiver?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Saint Doug said:

I hear a lot of people speaking about the large number of dropped passes Allen has. It definitely could be bad receivers, but what if it isn’t? Is there something Josh is doing to account for these dropped balls? I know he throws bullets. Can a ball actually be thrown too hard to a receiver?

We have absolute confidence in the talent and heart of our skill players on catching a pass?