3rd 4th quarter comeback for Josh

Hebert19

12 minutes ago, peterpan said:

footbalIt was on a matter of time untill teams altered their pass rush and slow it down, and try to defend his scrambles instead of get sacks.  We'll see how well he handles it, he still gives up on the pass and looks to run on very important downs - it shows me he doesn't trust himself throwing it...yet.  for example he had his TD run but also the 4th and 2 fumble.  

Allen still misses some throws.  The one  high pass to Jones over the middle should have been caught, but it is  a tough catch to make.  A good pass there and it's a easy catch with a lot of YAC.  We are going to need that out of JA in the future. 

Overallght he was good today, and am through shocked as to how well he has improved this year. 

The kid is learning and handling adversity very well. He didn't turn the ball over today.  Considering the situation of our offense and his scouting report pre-draft. He is playing fantastic football. Is he leading us to the playoffs?.....Not this season. But with additional talent around him, he very well could in the future.

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Yup.

theres always that initial thrill when the new guy does what the old guy couldn’t. From a statue to a mobile qb, or in this case a guy willing to push the ball after a very conservative qb.

the guy up thread posting that it’s just exciting to see the ball in the air is emblematic of that. 

It was a win. He did some good stuff. He had limited help. But it was against a bad team too. And was still below average yards, completions, points, etc... hopefully we stack talent around him and he takes 3 big steps forward. He could easily go either direction but that’s truly a compliment to any rookie. Many bust fast. He’s still showing reasons to believe. The longer that goes on the better!

Below avg team yeah, but... they did beat NE. Brady 14/26 133 1TD 1INT.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Yup.

theres always that initial thrill when the new guy does what the old guy couldn’t. From a statue to a mobile qb, or in this case a guy willing to push the ball after a very conservative qb.

the guy up thread posting that it’s just exciting to see the ball in the air is emblematic of that. 

It was a win. He did some good stuff. He had limited help. But it was against a bad team too. And was still below average yards, completions, points, etc... hopefully we stack talent around him and he takes 3 big steps forward. He could easily go either direction but that’s truly a compliment to any rookie. Many bust fast. He’s still showing reasons to believe. The longer that goes on the better!

I don’t care too much about the win, and I realize it wasn’t against a great team. BUT, he had one series with  2-3 drops and lost almost 80 yards  in completions. That was just ONE series. I’m not declaring him the savior, but this was another week of progress, and I’m encouraged. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

You cannot just go out and replace all the line, receivers and running backs

So what do you do?  Imo it starts with the line. Then the wr and rb imo is a result of the line.  Shady just didn't go from a top 5 back to useless in one year because he aged so much.

7 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Allen poise and attitude definitely makes it look like he is big enough (not just physically) to play at the next level.

one of the things with Allen that is so exciting about Allen...is that he is exciting to watch.  He is a very Boom or Bust player on drives.

Take that one drive where I think he let it fly on 3 straight plays...those were all very exicting to see the ball fly and it gets your heart and imagination pumping.  BUT they were all incomplete.

So going into his 2nd year his results are going to have to match his excitement potential.

for all the excitement...Allen still had pretty average stat line today.  Barley cracking 200 yards passing with 1 TD and 50% completion.  Ehhh.  But still so early.

Meanwhile in other news, the “right Josh” tossed yet another multiple pick game to go with 130 yds in losing to a bad Atlanta defense...but who’s counting? 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

I hear a lot of people speaking about the large number of dropped passes Allen has. It definitely could be bad receivers, but what if it isn’t? Is there something Josh is doing to account for these dropped balls? I know he throws bullets. Can a ball actually be thrown too hard to a receiver?

Stafford ripped a couple today and his WRs had no issue at all. These guys are NFL WRs they are suppose to make difficult catches look easy.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

I hear a lot of people speaking about the large number of dropped passes Allen has. It definitely could be bad receivers, but what if it isn’t? Is there something Josh is doing to account for these dropped balls? I know he throws bullets. Can a ball actually be thrown too hard to a receiver?

Lol so someone making a living catching ball's just drops them all the time because they are thrown too hard?  I not sure of your profession, but by most standards you get fired for not doing your job.  If you are a wr and the ball is delivered into your chest, shoulder or hands, you catch the ***** ball.  An issue our highly invested Zay Jones has struggled with enormously.  Even after his improvement this year, without looking at stats like some love to post, I would bet over the last 2 years he still is on top of the list for dropped passes

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is a hugely important stat that doesn't show up under completion % or TD passes.  It's one of those intangibles, like his leadership and over the top athleticism, that has really impressed me so far.  And I would be lying if I said I knew he had it in him all along. 

Watching as a Wyoming fan, I take great pleasure in Bills fans waking up to the potential of this young man.  What you're seeing of him is what we came to appreciate while he was a Wyoming Cowboy.  His heart and toughness lead his team to several wins that I don't think they'd won without him.  Wyoming offense plummeted after he left and it was painfully obvious this past season he WAS the team.

Another thing I think you'll come to appreciate is his genuine love of the game and the fans that cheer him on.  When he says he's happy to be in Buffalo he means it.  

I'm a life-long Denver Broncos fan, but Josh Allen has made me a Buffalo fan as well.  I hope for him all the success he can get, even against my Broncos.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Post game show is charged up

Bulldog is hot

Lol

Do you blame him? The callers were morons. And I usually find bulldog to be a stammering idiot, but the calls were awful.

7 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

No. I see a breakdown between the ball getting from point A to point B and am wondering how it could be corrected short of giving up and saying “maybe next year...”. I’m not down on Josh, but won’t fail to recognize it take 2 players to complete a pass. 

A win to make the Bills 5-9 is some Vietnamese Smack to these posters. 

Don't ruin their high.