Second Half: Wk 15 Lions at Bills 1 pm FOX

Vance Joseph is shaking his head at McDermott right now.

Trust your defense!

I like to think he's gonna learn a lot from these low leverage games. That was the correct decision not because we have nothing to lose but because it's mathematically correct. Josh Allen can get 6 inches any time he needs it. Especially from some members of this board.?

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Tcali said:

the mediocre bowl comes to an end

OK Mr. Negativity... but seriously, can't argue with you on the ugly in this game.

But we have a rookie at QB, 3-4 string WR's, 4th string RB, scrubs and rookies on o-line, whereas Detroit....

I'll take a win.

3 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

You are right. Allen's team is not trash. I mean our best WR juggled a 30 yard throw in his chest and we are playing our 4th string RB, AND by the stats Allen has faced more pressure than Rosen... so *in before you mention Rosen's oline*

Are you under the impression that I think Allen has a lot of talent to work with? Why are you arguing a point I never made? Both QBs have little talent around them. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

And I think he has the potential to be a threat in the passing game. I try not to go to extremes, as it’s generally a bad idea. 

If he had potential to be a threat than he should be having at least a solid season with the only threat being maybe Foster. He is a liability in pass protection and he doesn't provide nearly enough offense to offset his deficiencies.

Just now, Bill_with_it said:

Was there fire hot takes in here today?

Mostly McDermott bashing. Probably the hottest of takes was declaring his inability to get 60+ yards in under a minute at the end of the first half the final straw.

I mean I get if you think he's not the best coach but HOT take if that's reason why.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Are you under the impression that I think Allen has a lot of talent to work with? Why are you arguing a point I never made? Both QBs have little talent around them. 

Why are you arguing for me posting a stat line... which I posted because DAILY I still see people hate on OUR team QB

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Mostly McDermott bashing. Probably the hottest of takes was declaring his inability to get 60+ yards in under a minute at the end of the first half the final straw.

I mean I get if you think he's not the best coach but HOT take if that's reason why.

My oh my its the same as last week and the week before, from these arm chair hcs.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Ford gets the worst player of the game.

Game ball goes too... Lorsax?Jordan Poyer? Idk maybe Foster. Maaaybe Allen

This gets worst post of the day.

He was on the PS last week. Our 4th string back and just had to play a crazy amount of snaps. Cut the kid slack, he had a few decent plays and didn’t cough up the rock

Why even bring up a worst player after a good team win

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If he had potential to be a threat than he should be having at least a solid season with the only threat being maybe Foster. He is a liability in pass protection and he doesn't provide nearly enough offense to offset his deficiencies.

And Foster sucked early too. I’m not saying what is as much as what might be. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think all things considered that was Josh's best game as a pro Quarterback. 

Saw a lot of “pocket” Allen today. And what he did from the pocket was a positive step forward. Made some nice throws and some smart plays and decisions. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

This gets worst post of the day.

He was on the PS last week. Our 4th string back and just had to play a crazy amount of snaps. Cut the kid slack, he had a few decent plays and didn’t cough up the rock

Why even bring up a worst player after a good team win

Relax it's just a recall to that dumb 3rd down play that had just happened

This seems like an important win to me.  Not because it mattered in the real world but because talking about draft positioning is all well & good but sometimes losing becomes a habit that's hard to break even after we've upgraded the teams talent.

I also think it was an important win because of what it showed us about Allen.  He can stand in the pocket and make great throws.  He seemed more in command of the offense today then I've seen him all year.  The other aspect of Allen's game that was reinforced by today's performance is that the kid doesn't get rattled easily.  A couple of dropped balls might be expected to screw with the confidence of a rookie but it doesn't with this kid.  In fact I get the sense that he would tell you that he needed to make a better pass rather then blame the receiver. 

• Thank you (+1) 1