Can Allen throw for 300 Yds today?

Lenigmusx

I just rewatched the 1989 Bills - Browns playoff game. This was the moment the K-Gun became devastating. In loss the team grew immensely. These moments are always incremental. These last 3 games Allen needs to exhibit a couple aha moments every week and next year the offense will be dangerous. Last week I believe the screen game started to become a factor against an underrated Jets defense last week. If Allen can utilize Shady and Murphy the way Kelly used Thurman and Harmon he could get to the 300 yd mark and open both the deep game and the run game. I think this is the key to the next phase of his development. He may in fact be able to use his scrambling ability to get Shady some space in the screen game. 

Prediction:

25-39 312 yds 3Tds 1 int

55 yds rushing 1 Td

Bills win 31-27

Shady 8 carries for 31 yds 6 receptions for 56 yds 1 Td 

Shady's out hmmm.. I don't think Ivory can serve the same role in the screen game. 

10 minutes ago, Lenigmusx said:

I just rewatched the 1989 Bills - Browns playoff game. This was the moment the K-Gun became devastating. In loss the team grew immensely. These moments are always incremental. These last 3 games Allen needs to exhibit a couple aha moments every week and next year the offense will be dangerous. Last week I believe the screen game started to become a factor against an underrated Jets defense last week. If Allen can utilize Shady and Murphy the way Kelly used Thurman and Harmon he could get to the 300 yd mark and open both the deep game and the run game. I think this is the key to the next phase of his development. He may in fact be able to use his scrambling ability to get Shady some space in the screen game. 

Prediction:

25-39 312 yds 3Tds 1 int

55 yds rushing 1 Td

Bills win 31-27

Shady's out hmmm.. I don't think Ivory can serve the same role in the screen game. 

Ivory is out too it sounds 

Now you’re on to Murphy and Ford 

With McCoy AND Ivory out I wouldn't be expecting big things from Allen today.  It's football 101:

*  No running game beyond Allen's scrambles means the Lions can get away with 7 in the box.  Can you say Allen throwing 2 - 3 INT's into the face of a secondary sitting back for the pass?

*  With Shady & Ivory out do people think that screen passes and short throws to the RB's will be productive?  I don't. 

*  How about blitz pickup with Murphy & Ford?  Don't yell at Allen if he gets a bit antsy in the pocket today.  I suspect he'll be running for his life. 

*  And how effective will Allen's running be, particularly in the red zone, with no conventional running game?

I hope I'm wrong but man from just a common sense football perspective I see Allen struggling big time today. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

With McCoy AND Ivory out I wouldn't be expecting big things from Allen today.  It's football 101:

*  No running game beyond Allen's scrambles means the Lions can get away with 7 in the box.  Can you say Allen throwing 2 - 3 INT's into the face of a secondary sitting back for the pass?

*  With Shady & Ivory out do people think that screen passes and short throws to the RB's will be productive?  I don't. 

*  How about blitz pickup with Murphy & Ford?  Don't yell at Allen if he gets a bit antsy in the pocket today.  I suspect he'll be running for his life. 

*  And how effective will Allen's running be, particularly in the red zone, with no conventional running game?

I hope I'm wrong but man from just a common sense football perspective I see Allen struggling big time today. 

Yeah with both of our definitely changes things...

29 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

No running game beyond Allen's scrambles means the Lions can get away with 7 in the box.  Can you say Allen throwing 2 - 3 INT's into the face of a secondary sitting back for the pass?

I think the Bills may run better with McCoy out. Murphy and Ford will hit the holes and get whatever yards they can, not try to dance their way to a big gain. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I think the Bills may run better with McCoy out. Murphy and Ford will hit the holes and get whatever yards they can, not try to dance their way to a big gain. 

I hope you're right and they do have fresh legs.  But in the passing game (protection & receiving) they would seem to be a big step down from Shady & Ivory. 

1 hour ago, Lenigmusx said:

Prediction:

25-39 312 yds 3Tds 1 int

55 yds rushing 1 Td

Bills win 31-27

Ivory is out also.

What is people's fascination about 300 yard passing games?

• Like (+1) 2