Sal C, talking but saying nothing...

LabattBlue

He talks a lot but doesn’t seem to say much.  Also, very hesitant to criticize the Bills.  Always seems to be working an angle towards a full time position with the team.  

Seems like a nice guy who works hard...but somehow opens his mouth and....endless babble. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

He talks a lot but doesn’t seem to say much.  Also, very hesitant to criticize the Bills.  Always seems to be working an angle towards a full time position with the team.  

Seems like a nice guy who works hard...but somehow opens his mouth and....endless babble. 

I was just thinking about his articles and how I’m rarely tempted to click, and I was thinking it’s a consequence of sites like this. I’m much more educated about the game thanks to the many experts here, so if you write something that’s not much different than what I can find here, why should I bother?

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Every broadcast team in every medium probably has a member filling this role.  Saturation of the market, filling airtime when 30 years ago you heard perhaps an hour of pregame and postgame chatter.  WGR I believe touts ‘12 hour radio coverage’ on game day.

Lol WGR... I was on my way home from work one day and had a few stops on the way.  Every commercial break that day they said something like … all Bills all day.  I think it was a Friday.  That particular day its suppose to be all Bills talk.  The entire 45 minutes that wasn't on commercial break, all the guys were talking hockey.

8 minutes ago, JM57 said:

I'd rather hear a professional "talk but say nothing" than listen to a single caller "umm uhh well yeah I uhh umm" through an incredibly stupid idea. So there's that

The two things don’t go hand in hand.  I’ve aways said the less callers WGR takes, the better the shows would be. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, TPS said:

I was just thinking about his articles and how I’m rarely tempted to click, and I was thinking it’s a consequence of sites like this. I’m much more educated about the game thanks to the many experts here, so if you write something that’s not much different than what I can find here, why should I bother?

The radio crossover into “print” is ill-conceived. Even if you are knowledgeable on a topic, doesn’t mean you can put that knowledge into written words. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Do you criticize your employer?  You aren't going to get Sal, Murph or Chris Brown going "full Coach Dickerson" mode so why bring it up?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

....LMAO...thought you meant Sal MAIORANA from the D&C.......NOT.........

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Do you criticize your employer?  You aren't going to get Sal, Murph or Chris Brown going "full Coach Dickerson" mode so why bring it up?

You don't believe he can be critical of the team without going "Full Chuck Dickerson Mode"?

32 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

He’s the sideline guy and loves his job, I don’t blame him at all. How don’t you see this? It’s like this with every job in America, horrible waste of a topic 

You don't blame him for talking in circles without saying anything?  I wish I could have that job.  lol

• Like (+1) 3

Sal is a glass half full, rose colored glasses, lifetime Bills Fan/Homer who also works for the team as sideline reporter.

Dont hold your breath waiting for him to go full blast on the record about the bills.

BUT

i have always figured that if get guys like Murph or Sal OFF THE RECORD in a social setting they might be more critical and honest about the team than they woudl when they are on he payroll.