Sal C, talking but saying nothing...

LabattBlue

13 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

yes, bash your head against the wall while having a Jim Kelly avatar.

Those players on those teams basically hated each other. They were a tremendous team because they had several elite talents.

Would clapping and praying have won them the SB? 

You cant be serious?

Those guys were extremely close and most remain good friends today.

The secret to building a team is cohesiveness. It is part of what makes a good team great.

Building a brotherhood makes it easier to holding each other accountable. They play for each other.

It is part of the mental aspect of the game, and the mental part is the single most important formula for success.

I see this happening with the Bills of today.

BTW, the Bills did pray a lot during that era. The McClappys of the world were and are coaching pee wee football, there’s no room for rah rah clapping at the pro level. It’s childish.

On 12/16/2018 at 10:04 AM, JM57 said:

I'd rather hear a professional "talk but say nothing" than listen to a single caller "umm uhh well yeah I uhh umm" through an incredibly stupid idea. So there's that

Is that you Sal? Sal is awful. I'm tired of hearing about his toddler. 

1 hour ago, dlonce said:

You cant be serious?

Those guys were extremely close and most remain good friends today.

The secret to building a team is cohesiveness. It is part of what makes a good team great.

Building a brotherhood makes it easier to holding each other accountable. They play for each other.

It is part of the mental aspect of the game, and the mental part is the single most important formula for success.

I see this happening with the Bills of today.

BTW, the Bills did pray a lot during that era. The McClappys of the world were and are coaching pee wee football, there’s no room for rah rah clapping at the pro level. It’s childish.

So you didnt know about that whole bickering Bills thing?

I'm glad Dlonce is a Bills fan because he knows the secret to building a good team. These billion dollar businesses couldn't figure it out, guys, all they have to do is like each other lol.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Just now, WhyteDwarf said:

He's interesting to listen to.  Sal C i s a sausage maker in comparison.

So what interests you? The fantasy team talk? Maybe the talk about HIS children? Perhaps his social justice stands or maybe his degenerate gambler takes? I mea how could anyone choose just one?

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/16/2018 at 11:19 AM, The_Dude said:

Sal needs access to do his job. If Sal becomes overly critical players will become less likely to talk with Sal. If that happens Sal loses his ability to do his job. 

Why is this hard for people to understand?

This.  He's not an analyst.  He's a reporter.  He reports what team members and coaches say and do.  

3 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Is that you Sal? Sal is awful. I'm tired of hearing about his toddler. 

So you didnt know about that whole bickering Bills thing?

I'm glad Dlonce is a Bills fan because he knows the secret to building a good team. These billion dollar businesses couldn't figure it out, guys, all they have to do is like each other lol.

Is that you bumbling caller? Should I listen for you on the drive in or the drive home? What's the topic du jour? Are we going to bring up signing a washed up vet? Trading for someone that will never be available? Or perhaps just ask the host a salary cap question that is easily answered by visiting Spotrac yourself?

Edited by JM57

Sal seems like a nice guy, and he has passion for what he does.  Cant hate that.

Im not a big fan of him on the radio in large doses.  He speaks quickly, and when he disagrees with someone he speaks loudly into the microphone which comes across poorly.

He as also shies away from being critical of anyone, but i understand his position with the bills/wgr.  The entire station let up on the bills 100% when they regained broadcast rights.

Through the sabres' tank to get eichel, sal was against it and would yell some terrible takes into his microphone.

I also couldnt care less about syracuse sports or the yankees

I think he is popular because he is a likeable guy, enjoys what he is doing, and he has a positive outlook which makes fans more comfortable.  Its been a long era of negativity, most of it has been earned, but everyone is a bit fatigued by it 

Edited by May Day 10