TBN: Why the Bills Have Become a Wide Receiver Wasteland

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

No team needs a "number 1" wide receiver to win. It's a luxury to have.  A number one receiver costs a lot in today's game because there are so few of them.  Teams have proven they can win without though.

The Bills havent. They have a QB that needs a #1.

Edited by Boca BIlls

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

The Bills havent.

No but when you don't have a very good QB for so many years...Buffalo is in position to bolster that position this year with their assets and with Allen getting some buzz around the league, we might actually have a spot receivers want to play.  

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

The Bills havent. They have a QB that needs a #1.

I don't think he needs a number 1.  He just needs guys that can separate.  Foster has been able to do that and look at the early success he's had.  Mckenzie provides a different element to the offense with that great speed.  A solid pass catching tight end that can get open and make all the catches is a need IMO.  A lot of great options  in the offseason.  Who do you want for a number 1 this offseason?

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Stevie only worked with a very, very intelligent, experienced QB because he would adjust his route using so many factors most QBs could not adjust to but him and Fritz got on same page when both were backups.  

Yeppers.  There's a reason Stevie flamed out elsewhere.

It's also fairly probable that a certain number of Fitz "WTF?" INTs were Stevie (or other WR) and Fitz being NOT on the same page

19 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

No team needs a "number 1" wide receiver to win. It's a luxury to have.  A number one receiver costs a lot in today's game because there are so few of them.  Teams have proven they can win without though.

It kind of depends on the team, more particularly on the QB, doesn't it?

A QB with pinpoint accuracy can make "meh" receivers look good

A QB with zipcode accuracy needs a WR or two (or a WR and TE) with a big catch radius who can bail him out when he's off-target

20 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

No but when you don't have a very good QB for so many years...Buffalo is in position to bolster that position this year with their assets and with Allen getting some buzz around the league, we might actually have a spot receivers want to play.  

I don't think he needs a number 1.  He just needs guys that can separate.  Foster has been able to do that and look at the early success he's had.  Mckenzie provides a different element to the offense with that great speed.  A solid pass catching tight end that can get open and make all the catches is a need IMO.  A lot of great options  in the offseason.  Who do you want for a number 1 this offseason?

Whoever they draft

I don't pay for the BN but in the little part i read, it said that KBenjamin didnt know what to do, what role to play. Geez, how about just catch whatever balls are thrown his way? How about run routes with a purpose & as if youre running for your next contract?

To many fans & observers alike, if KB just would've done that, we more than likely wouldn't be having this conversation... as least about him.

Sigh haha

9 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Whoever they draft

Those two fourths and two fifths will definitely help if we can be as successful finding players in those rounds as the last two years. Good depth at positions of need in this draft.  Running back is another area I think they will draft. 

Edited by Buffalo30

And I'm sure McCoach will consider telling Beane he wants another DLineman or CB for his defense.  

In these final 3 games Allen needs to demonstrate he can throw the ball downfield as best as possible.  That said, his WR group isn't notable, and I'd guess will change significantly by the start of 2019. 

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

When the Bills get a QB who can accurately and consistently pass the ball, I think we'll all suddenly find that Buffalo is not a WR wasteland. 

...uh oh....a voice of reason.....OBD has been THE "QB Mecca of Selection & Development" post Kelly......hell, I'm thinking the entire list "post Jimbo" is the "other Canton bound" as in the Chinese province.....THE most important position on the field and we perennially eff it up...TE spot ranks #2.....or tied with WR spot....

It could just be me, but I think Tasker is making big 'ol excuses here:

“I think Kelvin didn't know what he was supposed to do. Not that he didn't know the plays or any of that, I think he just didn’t know what role they wanted him to fill,” said Steve Tasker, a former Bills receiver and current co-host of the team’s daily radio show. “He wasn't familiar with what this offense was going to be. It was hard for him to fit in and feel comfortable out there knowing exactly what they wanted him to do. Four different quarterbacks, it's pretty tough to be good when it's that much of a carousel back there.”

Knowing exactly what they wanted him to do:  CATCH THE @#$@#%@^ FOOTBALL when it is thrown within his reach, and most especially when it is thrown to his hands.

I "get it" that it is an adjustment to catch different QB's throws, but what is so hard to understand about that role?

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...hard to believe his Rams' deal was thought to be exorbitant at the time compared to how the WR $$$ market has insanely exploded now......doubt he would have stayed anyhow...

Robert Woods signed a 5 year, $34,000,000 contract with the Los Angeles Rams, including $15,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,800,000. In 2018, Woods will earn a base salary of $790,000, a roster bonus of $3,200,019, a restructure bonus of $4,710,019 and a incentive bonus of $300,000, while carrying a cap hit of $5,467,523 and a dead cap value of $8,700,038.

What a steal that was for the Rams

4 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

5 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

...you be the judge my friend....which was the better deal as far as production (NO CHEATING ALLOWED)??...........

Sammy Watkins signed a 3 year, $48,000,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $21,000,000 signing bonus, $30,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,000,000. In 2018, Watkins will earn a base salary of $790,000, a signing bonus of $21,000,000 and a workout bonus of $10,000, while carrying a cap hit of $7,800,000 and a dead cap value of $30,010,000.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you be the judge my friend....which was the better deal as far as production (NO CHEATING ALLOWED)??...........

Sammy Watkins signed a 3 year, $48,000,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $21,000,000 signing bonus, $30,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,000,000. In 2018, Watkins will earn a base salary of $790,000, a signing bonus of $21,000,000 and a workout bonus of $10,000, while carrying a cap hit of $7,800,000 and a dead cap value of $30,010,000.

I will go with Woods.lol