Allen's first 300 yard passing game - when?

When does Josh first pass for 300 yards?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. When does Josh first pass for 300 yds?

• This weekend v Detroit
    • Week 16 at New England
    • Week 17 v Miami
    • First half of next season
    • Second half of next season

10 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Not a coincidence at all. Now tell me how many of those 300-yard games got the Big W.

Let's look at 2018 by week, just for the sake of the discussion.

Week 1: 7 QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 4L/3W/1T

Week 2: 12 QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 7L/4W/1T

Week 3: 9 QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 5L/4W

Week 4: 14  QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 5L/9W

Week 5: 15  QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 7L/8W

Week 6: 10 QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 5L/5W

Week 7: 7  QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 3L/4W

Week 8: 5 QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 3L/2W

Week 9: 5  QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 2L/3W

Week 10: 7  QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 4L/3W

Week 11: 7  QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 4L/3W

Week 12: 7  QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 3L/4W

Week 13: 5 QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 3L/2W

Week 14: 6 QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 1L/5W

Week 15: 2 QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 1L/1W

Week 16: 9 QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 5L/4W

Week 17: 5 QBs had 300+ yard games. Record: 3L/2W

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018 Season: 132 Games with 300-yard passers: 

Record for those games: 63L/66W/2T

When you can tell me a team with -2 turnovers in a game has a very low win percentage, I can insist that not turning the ball over is critical to winning.

When you can tell me a 300-yard passing game has a high win percentage, I'll tell you to start throwing more

But when you tell me that a 300-yard passing game gives virtually the same result as a sub-300-yard passing game, it becomes a meaningless stat.

Now consider 2018 through the lens of QBs with 300+ yard games and their appearances in the playoffs.

Luck

Roethlisberger*

Brees

Fitzmagic*

Rivers

Keenum*

Carr*

Brady*

Flacco

Newton*

Cousins*

Watson

Mahomes

Darnold*

Foles*

Goff

Stafford*

Bortles*

Ryan*

Dalton*

Trubisky

Mariota

Wentz

Mayfield*

Manning*

Rodgers*

Rivers

Beatheard*

Winston*

Osweiler*

Mullens*

31 QBs with 300 yard Games. More than half are home for the playoffs (as noted by asterisk. Brady is in the playoffs, but he always get an asterisk because he's a cheater).

Again, when it becomes a stat that means you have a higher winning percentage, then yes, it's important.

But it's not, so it's not.

Every stat has to be correlated to winning percentage adjusted for the NFL average to have any meaning at all. 

That’s quite specific, and in my opinion, very short-sighted. Every stat has meaning, in context. Brian Hoyer throwing for 300 yards on 60 passes in a blow out loss doesn’t have meaning, I agree. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Dan Marino having the most career games over 300 yards passing does have meaning.

But I guess taking an extreme position with zero room for context is more fun on TBD.

11 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

But I guess taking an extreme position with zero room for context is more fun on TBD.

You think my contention that having a 300-yard game equates to a 50/50 chance of winning is extreme?

Okay. Let's give it your context. You posted that 4 of the best QBs in the history of the NFL have the most 300 yard games. My issue has never been who has or hasn't done it. It's what those individual games mean in the W/L column.

Break down all the 300 yard games that Marino, Brees, Brady and Manning had, and then show the Win/Loss result of those games.

It is a stupid argument.  You need the ability to throw for 300 yards and the fact no one respects the Bills passing game since McD took over is embarrassing.....

Again all I ask is that they show they can throw for 300 yards.  

Somehow we have people here thinking that it was a bad thing Darnold threw for 345 yards vs. GB (Radger threw for 422 and a stirring OT victory).

How about Mayfield almost knocking Balt out of the playoffs, but it was a loss so the 375 yards means nothing.

Of Mahomes losing to the Rams or NE with both Goff & Brady over 3000 too.  Rothliesberger a fumble away from beating NO (Breez over 300 too), but that is a loss.

Here are games that the Bills needed 300 yards to have a shot at winning in 2018.....  Balt, NE x 2, Miami game 1, LAC, Chi, GB, Indy & NYJ.  

The only loss they had this year where the Bills did not need to throw for 300 to win was vs. Houston.......  In every loss if they did throw for 300 heck they may have won a few more games.....

Edited by Billsfan1972

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Amen .... you forgot to add it does not matter when QB’s pile up yards because they are behind and the other team goes into “prevent” mode.

And teams way ahead grind out the clock