Allen's first 300 yard passing game - when?

When does Josh first pass for 300 yards?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. When does Josh first pass for 300 yds?

• This weekend v Detroit
    • Week 16 at New England
    • Week 17 v Miami
    • First half of next season
    • Second half of next season

One of two things has to happen for 300 yards. He’ll need at least two big plays, like 60 yards or more,  or he needs way more attempts than he’s getting.

Its tough to predict the former as that could happen any week.

The latter won’t happen this year. He runs too much and I don’t think the coaching staff wants him dropping back 45-50 times which is pretty much what it takes. 

1 hour ago, Idandria said:

300 yards passing who cares. Wins are what matter.

I'll never understand people's obsession with this ridiculous stat.

He had 366 all-purpose yard vs. the Fish -- literally twice the entire Fish offense-- and still lost. 

He had 307 all-purpose yards vs. the Jets -- almost 60 yards more than the entire Jets offense -- and still lost.

Turnovers, sacks, penalties, etc. If you don't fix them, the only thing a 300-yard game does is make some people think he's a good quarterback. It's useless.

22 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We’ve spent too long pretending yards don’t matter because we’ve had a QB who couldn’t accumulate many. They matter.

They really don’t matter. Ben, Ryan, Cousins, Eli and Carr are all in the top 13 and the teams are underachieving. It doesn’t correlate to wins. Red zone execution, 3rd down efficiency and turnovers correlate to wins. Yards don’t matter at all. They are fun but meaningless. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They really don’t matter. Ben, Ryan, Cousins, Eli and Carr are all in the top 13 and the teams are underachieving. It doesn’t correlate to wins. Red zone execution, 3rd down efficiency and turnovers correlate to wins. Yards don’t matter at all. They are fun but meaningless. 

Just because it’s not a stand alone stat that correlates to winning as much as, say turnovers, doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter. Moving the ball consistently always matters.

Just now, MDH said:

Just because it’s not a stand alone stat that correlates to winning as much as, say turnovers, doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter. Moving the ball consistently always matters.

We are in agreement. 3rd down efficiency, turnovers and the red zone matter. Do you pick up 1st downs? Do you score when you have a chance? That is what matters. Throwing for 300 or 400 or 500 yards mean nothing without those other things. 

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Atlanta has a bad record but is top 10 in red zone efficiency, 3rd down efficiency and turnovers. It all matters, including yards. It’s not the end all be all but to say that don’t matter is silly.

Edited by Bangarang

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 8:25 AM, Bangarang said:

Yards don’t matter, especially 300 yard games. At least that’s what I’ve been told around here.

Its the final score that matters, not how you get there.  Just ask Baker Mayfield.

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

300 yard passers were 64-66-2 this year. I still don’t see why people care about 300 yard games? There isn’t a correlation to winning. 

Maybe they are talking about winning fantasy football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/16/2018 at 12:15 PM, Bangarang said:

Atlanta has a bad record but is top 10 in red zone efficiency, 3rd down efficiency and turnovers. It all matters, including yards. It’s not the end all be all but to say that don’t matter is silly.

Atlanta had a crapload of yards! Julio led the league in reception yards (most quiet receiving leader I've seen), Matt Ryan 3rd in passing. Poor defense.

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

?‍♂️ Don't care. Offensive production should never be narrowed down to a singular side. Passing yards are not longer than Rushing yards. Passing TDs count the exact same as Rushing TDs. Run a competent offense and get back to top 10 in scoring & DVOA.

I think we are on our way