Draft Josh Allen... 2019

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s more of a late round first-early 2nd to me. 

But yeah..I just don’t see how taking defensive “stud” moves the needle for your team, my guy.

the Jets drafted Leonard Williams at 6 and you could literally stick a no name free agent in his place and we’d still have the same amount of wins/losses

He doesn’t move the needle in an offense based league. 

Jamal Adams, we took him at 6, I love Adams. But you could stick Rontez Miles — our back up — in there and we would have the same amount of wins.

you draft premium positions in the first round.

Ok I get it.. you’re an ass..no need to keep reminding me lol.

QFT

this is an Offensive league. And the sooner the 1970s thinking because of “bad weather” goes away the further along this team will be. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s more of a late round first-early 2nd to me. 

But yeah..I just don’t see how taking defensive “stud” moves the needle for your team, my guy.

the Jets drafted Leonard Williams at 6 and you could literally stick a no name free agent in his place and we’d still have the same amount of wins/losses

He doesn’t move the needle in an offense based league. 

Jamal Adams, we took him at 6, I love Adams. But you could stick Rontez Miles — our back up — in there and we would have the same amount of wins.

you draft premium positions in the first round.

Ok I get it.. you’re an ass..no need to keep reminding me lol.

You drafted Williams with a LOADED d-line and got rid of a couple players in their prime to make room... it was a side step. Kinda like when we drafted Travis Henry, Mcgahee, Lynch, Spiller, ect, just to cut the oldest the next year. I am not for that type of drafting. We do need new young edge rushers on this team in a hurry, and this draft has that in spades. And if we are in position to grab one of the best available, the I say DO IT! Every draft has strengths, and too often, Buffalo has drafted for need and not for talent... like when we drafted James Hardy because we needed a tall receiver, or some crap player over Gronkowski. We need to start drafting REAL talent, and this year, it's on the D side

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

QFT

this is an Offensive league. And the sooner the 1970s thinking because of “bad weather” goes away the further along this team will be. 

I agree. It’s what has held the Jets back for years and years. Bowles and Rex think they can run the ball and win games 14 to 7 and it just doesn’t work like that.

the QB was already the most important position but now it absolutely is...so much so that if you don’t have a franchise QB it’s very hard to win.(1 post season of Foles as the exception)

So now with the QB being even more important, the positions around him as well as his supporting pieces, naturally, become more valuable too. Drafting a DE or Edge doesn’t really do anything for your team’s direction when you have a QB who desperately needs player support and playmaker/protection in order to grow.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

QFT

TRUE! Let's draft Eric Ebron with our first pick pick because he's the best TE, or better yet, let's draft Limus Sweed, or Malcom Kelly, or James Hardy because we need a WR in a crappy TE/WR class! WooHoo! That is the most most Bills thing to do!

17 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

and Jets fans are still below pond scum... even if we end up agreeing on something

Man anybody named Patriot Killa is alright. I'm actually ashamed we didn't snap up that name. Much respect to this Jets fan. And I don't give that away lightly!

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

You drafted Williams with a LOADED d-line and got rid of a couple players in their prime to make room... it was a side step. Kinda like when we drafted Travis Henry, Mcgahee, Lynch, Spiller, ect, just to cut the oldest the next year. I am not for that type of drafting. We do need new young edge rushers on this team in a hurry, and this draft has that in spades. And if we are in position to grab one of the best available, the I say DO IT! Every draft has strengths, and too often, Buffalo has drafted for need and not for talent... like when we drafted James Hardy because we needed a tall receiver, or some crap player over Gronkowski. We need to start drafting REAL talent, and this year, it's on the D side

Who did we get rid of that was in their prime? We got rid of a roster full of lazy “over the hill” players that were age 30+.

The point that we drafted Leo with Sheldon and Wilkerson doesn’t really matter much because now that Wilkerson and Sheldon are gone...the needle still hasn’t moved. He’s invisible as far as game impact goes and it’s not because he’s bad...it’s because of the position he plays.

Edited by Patriot Killa

1 minute ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

TRUE! Let's draft Eric Ebron with our first pick pick because he's the best TE, or better yet, let's draft Limus Sweed, or Malcom Kelly, or James Hardy because we need a WR in a crappy TE/WR class! WooHoo! That is the most most Bills thing to do!

Well drafting a TE that high would be kind of stupid...I’m advocating for offensive line more than anything. 

Which isnt a “sexy” pick but Josh Allen will be happy that he has a big guy watching his blind side.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Who did we get rid of that was in their prime? We got rid of a roster full of lazy “over the hill” players that were age 30+.

The point that we drafted Leo with Sheldon and Wilkerson doesn’t really matter much because now that Wilkerson and Sheldon are gone...the needle still hasn’t moved. He’s invisible as far as game impact goes and it’s nlt because he’s bad...it’s bscausd of the position he plays.

I wouldn't ever second guess the Leonard Williams pick. I thought it was a steal at the time and bolstered the next best DL unit in years. In hindsight I'd assume the Jets make that pick 10/10

11 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Where did I say any of that. But hey I get your feeble little mind it is OK. I have said my piece. 

A top Defense Nets you 4-9. So maybe if we where the BEST defense in the NFL we would have 5 wins right now. AWESOME. 

but hey. It is Buffalo and it snows sometimes cannot have a prolfic offense. Ooo wait that K Gun thing was an illusion. Back to play defense and run the ball. 

Now lets look. Ebron Draft 

yeah Sammy would still look good here on a 5th year option over Benjamin being cut on his. Also lets see Lewan yeah would look nice here. OBJ yep another. So yeah guess crap Offensive Draft. 

No not the 2008 draft were you are using some Second Round picks to try and make a point. 

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The point that we drafted Leo with Sheldon and Wilkerson doesn’t really matter much because now that Wilkerson and Sheldon are gone...the needle still hasn’t moved. He’s invisible as far as game impact goes and it’s nlt because he’s bad...it’s bscausd of the position he plays.

looking back at the 2015 NFL draft, I would say Leo Williams was the right pick.... Who would you have picked over him, hind sight being 20/20 and all

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I wouldn't ever second guess the Leonard Williams pick. I thought it was a steal at the time and bolstered the next best DL unit in years. In hindsight I'd assume the Jets make that pick 10/10

At the moment I was floored that Leo dropped to us but now that the picks have played out from 2015, the RG that the Redskins drafted has winded up as a stud pro bowler and Leo has been underwhelming in terms of impact.

this was the reason these defensive players keep dropping to us at 6 lol. Teams are ahead of us and understand value of their offensive picks rather than DE

Just now, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

looking back at the 2015 NFL draft, I would say Leo Williams was the right pick.... Who would you have picked over him, hind sight being 20/20 and all

Probably should of traded down.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

At the moment I was floored that Leo dropped to us but now that the picks have played out from 2015, the RG that the Redskins drafted has winded up as a stud pro bowler and Leo has been underwhelming in terms of impact.

He dropped and anybody should have taken him at that point. Sucks he's not stacking up as he was expected to be but I wouldn't take a guard that high ever.

Y'all still had D'brickashaw and a pretty solid OLine IIRC. Albeit it was aging

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

so I think in a large part do to me, this thread has drifted off-course... This is supposed to be about the amazing opportunity of having 2 Josh Allens on this team. We have for too long cornered the market on players named Williams, it is about time for a Josh Allen era, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL!

Edit: JETS SUCK! don't want to send mixed messages...

Edited by MakeBuffaloGreatAgain

He dropped and anybody should have taken him at that point. Sucks he's not stacking up as he was expected to be but I wouldn't take a guard that high ever.

Yeah a Guard at 5 had me very confused at the time. Thought we lucked into something. And it’s not like Leo sucks or anything but his impact is not worth where he was selected. He has fallen off a cliff though. Henry Anderson, who we got for a 7th round pick, has 5 sacks. Leo only has 3. It just goes to show you that you can find DE’s a lot of other ways rather than spending a near top 5 pick on em’.

Trading down probably would of done us better in the long run.

Thats why I firmly believe that the Bills should go Left Tackle or trade down and take a weapon. It’s all about Josh Allen now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah a Guard at 5 had me very confused at the time. Thought we lucked into something. And it’s not like Leo sucks or anything but his impact is not worth where he was selected. He has fallen off a cliff though. Henry Anderson, who we got for a 7th round pick, has 5 sacks. Leo only has 3. It just goes to show you that you can find DE’s a lot of other ways rather than spending a near top 5 pick on em’.

Thats why I firmly believe that the Bills should go Left Tackle or trade down and take a weapon. It’s all about Josh Allen now.

LT or WR if it's there at the top. I don't like to get too worked up over mock drafts, or follow top college players, so I don't know if that's feasible. If nobody's apparently elite I want to trade down in a heart beat for interior OL

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

If he was the next Reggie White or Warren Sapp, you might have a different view on it.

LT or WR if it's there at the top. I don't like to get too worked up over mock drafts, or follow top college players, so I don't know if that's feasible. If nobody's apparently elite I want to trade down in a heart beat for interior OL

HECK YES! AND DRAFT CODY FORD!