Which current Bills will be starting on offense for us in 2019?

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The patriots have turned guys into superstars like Welker and Edelman. And while they don’t have a long list of big time outside WRs, they still always try to have big time WRs. 

A lot of guys have gone there and not worked out but they still bring them in. Chad johnson, Cooks, Amendola, Gordon etc They make an effort to have big time WRs it just doesn’t always fit 

They really arnt willing to overspend tho or sometimes it seems pay market value.  The offense really is better with WR like that but its the moving parts that make it go.  IIrc their O doesnt work as well without Edelman.  Hes that guy that keeps the chains moving.  The great TE play has also been part of the formula.  Every player has to know their part and have a high Football IQ because it has so many moving parts.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

21 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

DiMarco sucks 

Allen, Dawkins (maybe LT or maybe OG), Teller, Zay (slot), Foster (2nd WR)

^^^ This.  ?

Pretty sad that more than half of the starters on offense, not to mention their backups, have to be kicked to the curb. 

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

^^^ This.  ?

Pretty sad that more than half of the starters on offense, not to mention their backups, have to be kicked to the curb. 

The silver lining in your comment: imagine what Daboll/Allen can do with some talent, especially a decent O-line. 

Speaking of the OL, with such an overhaul, it seems an opportune time to find a new coach there. 

• Like (+1) 1

How ever we fix this offense I hope they don't JUST do it in FA or JUST do it in Draft. Drafting people for this offense is a must but the risk of a busted drafted player is to great.

I agree with OP on people staying but I think how we fix this team Is just as important as who is staying.  T, G, #1 WR I would get in FA and in the Draft I would go C, G and another WR.

Also Do feel McCoy will be here one more year. Call it a HB Mentor to the HB we get around the 4th round. I like Dawkins because he is a dynamic type of player. I also hope we keep some of who is starting this year because they will help add to depth to the team.

$100 mil in FA and 10 draft pics. To be honest I cant wait. This offense is going to have a whole new identity

Great topic, OP:  

QB: Allen

WR: Jones

WR: Foster 

OL: Teller

OL: Dawkins

TE 2: Croom (in two TE sets, starter will be FA pickup.  Hopefully Jessie James or Cook) 

That's about it.  I think Bodine is a backup (a good one), and will be replaced in FA.  That will give Allen 2 vet centers.  

RB: I don't see McCoy starting.  I could see Ford (can't wait to see him today) taking his spot, or a new drafted RB, or someone like Coleman from ATL.  

I hope Murphy shows enough in the last few games to warrant a look as a possible #2 rb. Keep McCoy for his last yr and draft a rb. As for the oline, we need the middle of the line addressed. Definitely center and rg. Dawkins looked good when he had incognito amd wood next to him. Teller is intriguing. He has a chance in the next 3 weeks and off-season to make his case.

Get rid of all the tight ends for all I care. Can't be any worse, can it?

Allen

Mccoy

Dawkins

Jones

Foster

Teller?

Mills( only because we need the interior taken care of more, imo).

Edited by Dopey

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I hope Murphy shows enough in the last few games to warrant a look as a possible #2 rb. Keep McCoy for his last yr and draft a rb. As for the oline, we need the middle of the line addressed. Definitely center and rg. Dawkins looked good when he had incognito amd wood next to him. Teller is intriguing. He has a chance in the next 3 weeks and off-season to make his case.

Get rid of all the tight ends for all I care. Can't be any worse, can it?

Allen

Mccoy

Dawkins

Jones

Foster

Teller?

Mills( only because we need the interior taken care of more, imo).

...think Murphy is a keeper......want to see what this Ford kid has.......had a decent pre-season.....Taiwan Jones was producing until injury.......we need a solid running corp, hoping to find the next Thumal-Kenneth Davis duo...not sure what to think about Shady.....is it 99.99% the OL?........what if the Murphy-Ford duo rack up >125 yds today?.........luck?......no keyed on, de emphasizing a stacked box?.....should be interesting....

I will be surprised and disappointed if McCoy is starting next year.  He is clearly used up at this point, and the lack of a good running game has increased the pressure significantly on Josh Allen.  Put Todd Gurley type stud RB ( not easy to get)  in the backfield and add one very good WR, and Allen will quickly become a better version of Jared Goff. 

If McCoy is the starting RB, that means the Bills likely have the worst running attack in the NFL.  Not great for developing the a young QB

i'm surprised so many people aren't listing McKenzie as being part of the O next year. He has shown serious playmaking ability. Every time he touches the ball it seems like he has a chance to make a big play. I  think we drafted Ray Ray to be what McKenzie is, a swiss army knife that can have a huge impact on ST, outside or in the slot on offense, i've been just as impressed with him as I have been with Foster.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...think Murphy is a keeper......want to see what this Ford kid has.......had a decent pre-season.....Taiwan Jones was producing until injury.......we need a solid running corp, hoping to find the next Thumal-Kenneth Davis duo...not sure what to think about Shady.....is it 99.99% the OL?........what if the Murphy-Ford duo rack up >125 yds today?.........luck?......no keyed on, de emphasizing a stacked box?.....should be interesting....

I wouldn't miss mccoy not being here, but it's his last yr on contract and cutting him here would create another open spot/hole to fill. I'm fine either way cuz I believe there are good rbs in the draft to be had in the mid round picks.

Edited by Dopey

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I wouldn't miss mccoy not being here, but it's his last yr on contract and cutting him here would create another open spot/hole to fill. I'm fine either way cuz I believe there are good rbs in the draft to be had in the mid round picks.

...we re-signed Kyle and Lorax because they both were STILL producing.......I'm clueless as to whether McCoy STILL can after this year (could the OL be the 99% at fault whipping boy?), but I'm not a fan of nostalgia or nepotism.......it is a brutal business.....re-signing Kyle, Lorax or keeping McCoy have to be based on production only.......

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/15/2018 at 12:48 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I would figure the Bills go after a cornerstone LT early in the draft and kick Dawkins to RT. I don’t think Mills is that bad I just think these guys in charge want 53 players that they brought here. It’s felt to me from day 1 that: Beane and Mcd would rather lose with their own guys then win with someone else’s. Which is very upsetting. The Whaley guys were probably the biggest reason we made it last year but they have been systematically squeezed out.

Let us not forget that Dawkins was tried as a RT as a rookie in camp and preseason. He did not do well there.