Which current Bills will be starting on offense for us in 2019?

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think this list is as good as any with the caveat that I think McCoy will be the starting TB in 2019. 

Half of me thinks Mccoy gets the first month of next year to prove this year was the Olines fault. And half of me thinks the Bills wish they pulled off a trade at the deadline and they go young at RB

Bodine is backup caliber at best, I can see why CIN wasn’t too upset about letting him go. As a starter, he’s the type of player that you are always looking to replace. He’s better than Groy as a backup, but that’s about it. The Bills need to be able to protect the middle of the pocket so Allen can climb it and make plays. If they don’t fix this weakness, he’ll be taking off running far too often. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Suprised McKenzie is not getting any love in this thread

Or is it we expect him on the team but would be a situational player

I think he will be on the team but not be one of the top WRs to see playing time. If he shows up a little more in the passing game here the last 3 games, maybe. I think we bring in at least 1 stud outside WR. Then we have Zay (who they gave up some important assets for) and  Foster. That doesnt leave a lot of room. 

20 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Bodine is backup caliber at best, I can see why CIN wasn’t too upset about letting him go. As a starter, he’s the type of player that you are always looking to replace. He’s better than Groy as a backup, but that’s about it. The Bills need to be able to protect the middle of the pocket so Allen can climb it and make plays. If they don’t fix this weakness, he’ll be taking off running far too often. 

Totally agree! I see center as in crying need of an upgrade. For me, Allen, Foster, Croom and McKenzie (in packages but perhaps not as the 1st guy out there), Dawkins, Jones and maybe Teller. I think guards are going to be brought in and it will be a fight for Teller to see the field.

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think he will be on the team but not be one of the top WRs to see playing time. If he shows up a little more in the passing game here the last 3 games, maybe. I think we bring in at least 1 stud outside WR. Then we have Zay (who they gave up some important assets for) and  Foster. That doesnt leave a lot of room. 

I know this might not be a popular opinion.....but I think McKenzie is def creeping up on Zay Jones for that slot receiver position......

I dont like it when draft picks dont work out either....the fact is McKenzie makes more plays and is more flexible for the offense

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I would figure the Bills go after a cornerstone LT early in the draft and kick Dawkins to RT. I don’t think Mills is that bad I just think these guys in charge want 53 players that they brought here. It’s felt to me from day 1 that: Beane and Mcd would rather lose with their own guys then win with someone else’s. Which is very upsetting. The Whaley guys were probably the biggest reason we made it last year but they have been systematically squeezed out.

Iirc Dawkins did not play well on the right side.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

DiMarco sucks 

Allen, Dawkins (maybe LT or maybe OG), Teller, Zay (slot), Foster (2nd WR)

Sounds about right.

4 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Iirc Dawkins did not play well on the right side.

He’s not playing well on the left side either.  Should be a guard 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I know this might not be a popular opinion.....but I think McKenzie is def creeping up on Zay Jones for that slot receiver position......

I dont like it when draft picks dont work out either....the fact is McKenzie makes more plays and is more flexible for the offense

McKenzie is an OW.  Our WRs will be rotated and moved around to maximize their skill setd I believe.    They may not break the bank on a WR(I hope they do or Draft a really good one).  I tend to look at what NE has done over the years, I do realize Allen has a stronger arm than Brady.  Outside of Moss they really havent had many HOF ouside recieving threats that were significant in their O.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

McKenzie is an OW.  Our WRs will be rotated and moved around to maximize their skill setd I believe.    They may not break the bank on a WR(I hope they do or Draft a really good one).  I tend to look at what NE has done over the years, I do realize Allen has a stronger arm than Brady.  Outside of Moss they really havent had many HOF ouside recieving threats that were significant in their O.

The patriots have turned guys into superstars like Welker and Edelman. And while they don’t have a long list of big time outside WRs, they still always try to have big time WRs. 

A lot of guys have gone there and not worked out but they still bring them in. Chad johnson, Cooks, Amendola, Gordon etc They make an effort to have big time WRs it just doesn’t always fit 

Allen

Dawkins

Jones and Foster to start the season but rookie draft pick will get equal reps

McCoy

Sadly, either Mills or Bodine

Croom will be on the team but not as the starter

Teller has a chance but he has been moatly terrible so far as a rookie. Just depends where they go in FA 

Edited by Dadonkadonk

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The patriots have turned guys into superstars like Welker and Edelman. And while they don’t have a long list of big time outside WRs, they still always try to have big time WRs. 

A lot of guys have gone there and not worked out but they still bring them in. Chad johnson, Cooks, Amendola, Gordon etc They make an effort to have big time WRs it just doesn’t always fit 

Amendola, Welker, and Edelman are the type WR required for the E/P Offense.  Zay and McKenzie fit this mould I believe.  The Moss and Gordon types arent necessary.  Good TEs and pass catching RBs are important as well.  Allen has a much stronger arm though.  It is important that we get a reliable TE and another good WR.  Allen really has to learn to pass with touch as the majority of this offense is quick timing routes.

10 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

The offensive line will have a year of maturity to it.  Hard telling where they will be next year.  Could pass on guys who just needed that year.  Juan Castillo has an eye for the offensive line and knows how to motivate his players.  My guess is next year will make a difference in what he gets out of them.  

There's nothing mature about this very offensive line.  That's why with a very few exceptions, they should mostly be gone by next season.

10 hours ago, Capco said:

I haven't really heard much about Mills' play this season.  Is it possible that he remains as a serviceable RT or is he so god awful that he needs to go?

I still think the FO goes hard for a new center if the Panthers' blueprint is any indication of how much they value the position.  

Watch Mills on passing downs.  He's still a well oiled turnstile.  When he goes, that's a sign the OL is finally progressing.

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

DiMarco sucks 

Allen, Dawkins (maybe LT or maybe OG), Teller, Zay (slot), Foster (2nd WR)

and McKenzie will def be a big part of the offense in a variety of roles. If we can add a legit #1 , i really like #1,Zay,Foster,McKenzie. Most important thing is solidifying the OL though and Beane set this roster up to have a ton of flexibility  in what will be the most important  off season  in the last 20 years, because it can set us up to be legit contenders

• Like (+1) 1

If we are taking starters, I think there are only 2 guarantees:

Allen

Dawkins

I think there’s a decent chance these players either start or get a lot of time:

Teller

Jones

Foster

I see these players getting situational plays.  They’ll stay on the team but probably not considered for starting roles:

McKenzie

Croom

Bodine

McDermott

Ivory 

The rest of the players are up in the air. 

• Like (+1) 2