Which current Bills will be starting on offense for us in 2019?

This season has been a mixed bag of emotions. A few ups, a bunch of downs and alot of learning. Young players learning the pro game and fans learning about what the future might look like. If this season was a true rebuild, it would certainly be nice to feel like we found a few pieces moving forward. Out of learning and development comes a lot of losing.  It also shines light on potential and gives you a feel for who has what we need. Out of the current Bills on the roster, which ones will be starting for us week 1 in 2019?

(You can count the 3rd WR as “starting” considering most packages contain the slot WR nowadays)

I will say

Allen: Not much of a chance this changes

Demarco: He’s out there doing some stuff. Probably will use him again next year.

Zay Jones: Potentially moves to the slot with the additions of outside presence at WR

Foster: What he has done over the last 5 games can’t be ignored. Especially with the current QB situation. I feel like Foster will be a #2 WR on the outside going into next season.

Dawkins: Possibly move to RT if we draft a Tackle early

Teller: These guys love their own draft picks and he played decent when inserted 

Bodine: I feel like the Bills will bring in a young Guard and a Tackle. And they won’t want to overhaul 3/5 of the existing Oline. Also Bodine was acceptable and is the guy that this regime brought in. From day 1, there has been an overly obvious mission to purge every player from the previous regime. I think they keep the 3 guys they brought in and move on from the rest.

After that I think every starter might be different. I think there is a chance the starting RB is on the roster but I’m not sure how good that chance is. Shady might get the benefit of the doubt for the first few weeks next year but I think the Bills might just end it. I also think there is a very small chance that Ford could turn into our starting RB but we have to see him get a shot in these last 3 weeks. 

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

DiMarco sucks 

Allen, Dawkins (maybe LT or maybe OG), Teller, Zay (slot), Foster (2nd WR)

? Wow! Unusually harsh, #47. DiMarco was a stud for Atlanta and they didn’t want him to go. They crashed to earth after their SB as Matty Ice was crushed all year. IMO, he’s our best pass blocker from the backfield. Yes, he ‘sucks’ carrying the rock, but he wasn’t brought here for that. Has he dropped any passes? On a historically bad pass dropping team, a guy who can catch out of the backfield is Gold.

Anywho, I agree with the OP that everyone else should be upgraded in this most anticipated coming offseason. $100M & 10 Draft Picks? #HolidayChubby!

I can go either way on Shady because he is still my favorite player. I hope this year was something dumb and he comes back and is good again. I just think the Bills are going to have a short hook here with the off field stuff, the 30 year old wall and the trade deadline rumors. Maybe Shady gets to evolve into a late 90s Thurman role and can still be “starting” He certainly has value in other areas I’m just not sure the Bills will be interested.

The offensive line will have a year of maturity to it.  Hard telling where they will be next year.  Could pass on guys who just needed that year.  Juan Castillo has an eye for the offensive line and knows how to motivate his players.  My guess is next year will make a difference in what he gets out of them.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

? Wow! Unusually harsh, #47. DiMarco was a stud for Atlanta and they didn’t want him to go. They crashed to earth after their SB.IMO, he’s our best pass blocker from the backfield. Yes, he ‘sucks’ carrying the rock, but he wasn’t brought here for that. Has he dropped any passes? On a historically bad pass dropping team, a guy who can catch out of the backfield is Gold.

Anywho, I agree with the OP that everyone else should be upgraded in this most anticipated coming offseason. $100M & 10 Draft Picks? #HolidayChubby!

He hasn’t dropped any passes (besides the 1st Peterman pick). He hasn’t caught any either. He has 3 more catches than me this year. Our running game has steadily declined since he got here and our pass protection is trash. How is he helping? 

Ha ha, I know it’s harsh but it was a TERRIBLE signing for the money and he hasn’t improved the team at all. He was just a mistake and there is no reason to waste a roster spot on that guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He hasn’t dropped any passes (besides the 1st Peterman pick). He hasn’t caught any either. He has 3 more catches than me this year. Our running game has steadily declined since he got here and our pass protection is trash. How is he helping? 

Ha ha, I know it’s harsh but it was a TERRIBLE signing for the money and he hasn’t improved the team at all. He was just a mistake and there is no reason to waste a roster spot on that guy.

? OK, kick him to the curb along with ALL the other Offense players not named. Let’s take this $100LARGE out for a spin!

• Like (+1) 1

I think the player with the most to gain or lose over this last 3 game stretch is Foster. One good game is a fluke. Two can be just benefiting from circumstances. He has now had 3 really good games in the last 5 weeks. If Foster can go out and put up a couple more 100yd games in these last 3 weeks, he’s going to start. I’m not sure if he is actually good or not yet, but I am really interested in where this goes. If Foster goes away and does nothing over these last 3 weeks, we will probably see him on the backend of the roster next season. If he is having 5+ catches for 90+ yards in these last few games, then I think Foster becomes our go to WR heading into the offseason.

I haven't really heard much about Mills' play this season.  Is it possible that he remains as a serviceable RT or is he so god awful that he needs to go?

I still think the FO goes hard for a new center if the Panthers' blueprint is any indication of how much they value the position.  

8 minutes ago, Capco said:

I haven't really heard much about Mills' play this season.  Is it possible that he remains as a serviceable RT or is he so god awful that he needs to go?

I still think the FO goes hard for a new center if the Panthers' blueprint is any indication of how much they value the position.  

I would figure the Bills go after a cornerstone LT early in the draft and kick Dawkins to RT. I don’t think Mills is that bad I just think these guys in charge want 53 players that they brought here. It’s felt to me from day 1 that: Beane and Mcd would rather lose with their own guys then win with someone else’s. Which is very upsetting. The Whaley guys were probably the biggest reason we made it last year but they have been systematically squeezed out.

I have a strange feeling that if Ford gets a look, he might be a player. Absolutely no concrete reason, pure gut. He looked pretty solid in preseason and he will have fresh legs. If the Bills kept him on the PS all year he must have shown them something. I would love to see him start and play the majority of the game tomorrow. Get 20+ carries and see what he looks like. He is giving me a Travis Henry vibe but again, it’s purely gut here. No real reasoning behind it. Probably just hope

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This season has been a mixed bag of emotions. A few ups, a bunch of downs and alot of learning. Young players learning the pro game and fans learning about what the future might look like. If this season was a true rebuild, it would certainly be nice to feel like we found a few pieces moving forward. Out of learning and development comes a lot of losing.  It also shines light on potential and gives you a feel for who has what we need. Out of the current Bills on the roster, which ones will be starting for us week 1 in 2019?

(You can count the 3rd WR as “starting” considering most packages contain the slot WR nowadays)

I will say

Demarco: He’s out there doing some stuff. Probably will use him again next year.

Zay Jones: Potentially moves to the slot with the additions of outside presence at WR

Foster: What he has done over the last 5 games can’t be ignored. Especially with the current QB situation. I feel like Foster will be a #2 WR on the outside going into next season.

Teller: These guys love their own draft picks and he played decent when inserted 

Bodine: I feel like the Bills will bring in a young Guard and a Tackle. And they won’t want to overhaul 3/5 of the existing Oline. Also Bodine was acceptable and is the guy that this regime brought in. From day 1, there has been an overly obvious mission to purge every player from the previous regime. I think they keep the 3 guys they brought in and move on from the rest.

After that I think every starter might be different. I think there is a chance the starting RB is on the roster but I’m not sure how good that chance is. Shady might get the benefit of the doubt for the first few weeks next year but I think the Bills might just end it. I also think there is a very small chance that Ford could turn into our starting RB but we have to see him get a shot in these last 3 weeks. 

I don’t disagree with most choices, but a number of analysts are picking us to take the RT for Alabama who is a plug and play.  They could move him LT, or Dawkins keeps developing on the left.  We also need Guards badly.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I will say

I think this list is as good as any with the caveat that I think McCoy will be the starting TB in 2019.