Martavis Bryant Suspended Indefinitely

billsfan_34

51 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, but this dude keeps getting popped for weed.  Addiction?  More like boundless irresponsibility and blatant ambivalence toward remaining employed, maybe? 

Why does the NFL even give a damn about weed with everything else going on? 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Why does the NFL even give a damn about weed with everything else going on? 

Because it's still illegal in most places.

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Addiction knows no socioeconomic boundries, I will leave it at that.

As most weed supporters will respond "weed isnt addictive".....

And I know anyone can be an addict, but this guy has all the resources available to help him and his problems and he continues to get in trouble for it. The league and teams have support and programs for him, he has the money for any treatment he wants over and above that. This guy is just an complete moron who doesnt deserve sympathy for getting busted....

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

It will be legal EVERYWHERE in the United States with the possible exception of Utah within 10 years. Guaranteed.

I don't even like weed but it's nowhere near as dangerous as alcohol. The laws are stupid, which is why they are changing. Many players smoke as an alternative to OPIATES, which are INFINITELY more harmful. Again, why does the NFL care with everything else going on? It's asinine.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

And I know anyone can be an addict, but this guy has all the resources available to help him and his problems and he continues to get in trouble for it. The league and teams have support and programs for him, he has the money for any treatment he wants over and above that. This guy is just an complete moron who doesnt deserve sympathy for getting busted....

Is it just weed? 

23 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It will be legal EVERYWHERE in the United States with the possible exception of Utah within 10 years. Guaranteed.

I don't even like weed but it's nowhere near as dangerous as alcohol. The laws are stupid, which is why they are changing. Many players smoke as an alternative to OPIATES, which are INFINITELY more harmful. Again, why does the NFL care with everything else going on? It's asinine.

Because it's currently illegal in many areas, that's the answer to the question on why they care about it. Doesnt matter what will happen in the future or how you or others feel about it. It's still an illegal substance in many places

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Because it's currently illegal in many areas, that's the answer to the question on why they care about it. Doesnt matter what will happen in the future or how you or others feel about it. It's still an illegal substance in many places

The question is more about whether it's a good policy or a bad policy. It's not about legality.

I get the sense that you think it's a good policy, which is fine. That's YOUR opinion.

12 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Is it just weed? 

That's what everyone's been saying here

Again, he has all the resources available to him and only has to stay clean for a short period of his life to set himself up financially for the rest of his years that he can spend smoking/drinking/snorting/injecting whatever he wants.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The question is more about whether it's a good policy or a bad policy. It's not about legality.

I get the sense that you think it's a good policy, which is fine. That's YOUR opinion.

Never said if it's a good or bad policy, just that it's a concern for the league because it's illegal. Not an opinion, that's a fact.

When was the last time a player was suspended for failing a breathalyzer test by the league? They dont care because it's legal, so if they get drunk on one cares unless that leads to them doing something stupid while being drunk.

Edited by apuszczalowski

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Never said if it's a good or bad policy, just that it's a concern for the league because it's illegal. Not an opinion, that's a fact.

Then my OPINION is that the NFL should concern themselves with more important things. Shouldn't members of the Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, Lions, 49'ers, Rams, and Seahawks be immune to the rule because it's legal where they're employed?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

hmmmm, I'm not sure I've heard of him.  But if I have....git 'er done!

He was Sammy Watkins' teammate at Clemson, drafted the same year, and had a productivet several years for Pittsburgh.  He has a nice combination of size and speed.  I've lost track of him lately, so I don't know where he's been the last little while.

He's doing it all wrong.  

All he has to do is say he's "entering rehab" (e.g.: hanging out at Bruce's "lakefront villa"), and the team owner will let him sit right next to her on the team's charter.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Then my OPINION is that the NFL should concern themselves with more important things. Shouldn't members of the Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, Lions, 49'ers, Rams, and Seahawks be immune to the rule because it's legal where they're employed?

Heck, let them show up to the stadium drunk on game day---that's legal for everyone everywhere!!

4 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

He was Sammy Watkins' teammate at Clemson, drafted the same year, and had a productivet several years for Pittsburgh.  He has a nice combination of size and speed.  I've lost track of him lately, so I don't know where he's been the last little while.

Oakland smoking the chiba stick...

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That's what everyone's been saying here

Again, he has all the resources available to him and only has to stay clean for a short period of his life to set himself up financially for the rest of his years that he can spend smoking/drinking/snorting/injecting whatever he wants.

Unfortunately ones mental state and possible addiction may not allow for the rational

thoughts you and I have. 

53 minutes ago, H2o said:

I don't find it sad, I find him to be incredibly stupid. He just flushed millions of $$$ down the toilet. I hope he got a degree at least. 

Probably a booster degree

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

We all have alot of resources unfortunately individuals sometimes choose a path that may not be conducive to their career or life in general. I am not giving sympathy- just think its sad in general.